F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2013 Season

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    [...]
    Twitter - hoping that for the sky ipad and red button that its been removed this year for Sky F1, it really was garbage last year, luckily it was fairly easy to avoid it with the right screen options.

F1 has its own BBC Red Button page 360 now: Moto GP has moved to page 380.
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonpollak wrote: »
    Who the hell's website is THAT?!?!?!:D

Jp

:D He does a good job our D.M.N.

What would we do without him. Someone give the man a BAFTA or whatever. He deserves an award! :)

Ken
  • Chris_WilliamsChris_Williams Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »
    :D He does a good job our D.M.N.

What would we do without him. Someone give the man a BAFTA or whatever. He deserves an award! :)

Ken

We should all nominate him for "The Welsh blog awards" where you don't have to be Welsh or in Wales to qualify for having the best blog in Wales!! :D

http://www.walesblogawards.co.uk/how-to-enter/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should all nominate him for "The Welsh blog awards" where you don't have to be Welsh or in Wales to qualify for having the best blog in Wales!! :D

Ha ! Good find! :D

Ken
  • Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Diolch am eich newyddion, Ble dych chi'n fynd i manylion pellach ?

;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jules 1 wrote: »
    Diolch am eich newyddion, Ble dych chi'n fynd i manylion pellach ?

;)

Sorry I don't speak French! :D

Ken
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Elsewhere my motor racing calendar takes off tomorrow night with the Bud Shootout (or whatever it's called now) and the start of Daytona Speedweeks.

Thanks for reminding me of this, I always consider the Daytona NASCAR races to be the start of the season. Im guessing it might be hard to be able to download it tomorrow, so will try to find a stream if I can stay awake. I did subscribe to Premier but can't justify it this year as I only ever watched the Superspeedways or Road Courses.
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for reminding me of this, I always consider the Daytona NASCAR races to be the start of the season. Im guessing it might be hard to be able to download it tomorrow, so will try to find a stream if I can stay awake. I did subscribe to Premier but can't justify it this year as I only ever watched the Superspeedways or Road Courses.

I know a certain VIP Box is available for watching it.
  • JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    F1 has its own BBC Red Button page 360 now: Moto GP has moved to page 380.

Sure looks life a trumped up Ceefax to me...
    Jp
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marussia F1 Team ‏@Marussia_F1Team
    @SkySportsF1 are also 'filming the filming' tonight for a season-long documentary behind the scenes with @maxchilton in his debut year
    5:51 p.m. - Feb 15, 2013 ·
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Marussia F1 Team ‏@Marussia_F1Team
    @SkySportsF1 are also 'filming the filming' tonight for a season-long documentary behind the scenes with @maxchilton in his debut year
    5:51 p.m. - Feb 15, 2013 ·

Gosh, daddy's paying for him to have his own TV show now too? :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1-Addict wrote: »
    Just a random pedantic comment here but I had hoped Sky would ditch the red microphones they used last year, always thought they looked like they'd been thrown together at the last minute with a velcro logo hurriedly slapped on the front, I much prefer the Sky Deutschland microphones personally (albeit slightly too big).

You are not alone. My biggest problem with the Sky Sports F1pop/wind shields is you don't have the full channel logo displayed on the front of them. When you look at the paddock driver interviews, pretty much every broadcasters mic that is shoved under the nose, the full channel logo clearly displayed on the front of it.
    It needs to be a double block logo with the 'Sky Sports' and 'F1 HD' underneath.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartS wrote: »
    You are not alone. My biggest problem with the Sky Sports F1pop/wind shields is you don't have the full channel logo displayed on the front of them. When you look at the paddock driver interviews, pretty much every broadcasters mic that is shoved under the nose, the full channel logo clearly displayed on the front of it.
    It needs to be a double block logo with the 'Sky Sports' and 'F1 HD' underneath.

I have always liked the simplicity of the BBC SPORT wind shields. Sky need to take a leaf out of their book. The current BBC ones are very similar to the old ITV Sport one's when they had F1. ITV also like sky had red one's didn't they?

I'm now getting nostalgic images of Steve Riders shaky mic hand and jim rosenthal standing in the paddock holding his clipboard with the madonna style mic's or what ever there called.

Bring back the clipboard! Jake Humphrey you are responsible for the death of a trusty old tool! Bloody iTables or whatever there called. Jonathan Edwards had one at the athletics yesterday! Has the world suddenly got entirly dependant on stupid electronic gadgets that cost stupid money! Des lynam, Steve rider, harry Carpenter, David Coleman , Murray walker and dear old David vine didn't need one of the bastards SO WHY DO THEY NOW!!!!!

rant over! :D

give me some paper a pen and a trusty sturdy clipboard any day. Then we wouldn't have to listen to a barrage of peoples pointless ***** or what ever there called. Bloody Twatter. That's another rant for tomorrow. Do excuse me while I put some more coal in the traction engine to go to shops.:rolleyes:

Ken:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    That is your website :eek:
    I mostly like what you put on here. I'll let you off then a little :)

I should set my own blog up." Ken's interactive CLIPBOARD"!! That has absolutely no relation to the rant in my previous post.:mad:

Ken
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always liked the simplicity of the BBC SPORT wind shields. Sky need to take a leaf out of their book. The current BBC ones are very similar to the old ITV Sport one's when they had F1. ITV also like sky had red one's didn't they?

Don't know if it is still the case but the colour of your microphone used to reflect your importance in F1, red being the most important.

It made it easier for drivers to know whose questions to answer first.
  • F1 MikeF1 Mike Posts: 5,835
    Forum Member
    well there you go, that's something else I didn't know :)
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen an F1 Show promo on SS3 during the golf that still heavily features GT.
  • alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back the clipboard! Jake Humphrey you are responsible for the death of a trusty old tool! Bloody iTables or whatever there called. Jonathan Edwards had one at the athletics yesterday! Has the world suddenly got entirly dependant on stupid electronic gadgets that cost stupid money! Des lynam, Steve rider, harry Carpenter, David Coleman , Murray walker and dear old David vine didn't need one of the bastards SO WHY DO THEY NOW!!!!!

One of the big advantages of a tablet over a clipboard is that the information on it can be updated when they're on-air without having to get a bit of paper to the presenter. If the talkback goes down, it would also provide an alternative way of the gallery contacting the presenter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    Just seen an F1 Show promo on SS3 during the golf that still heavily features GT.

Yes, noticed that advert on sky sports news all day and shown during the cricket coverage this morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alexj2002 wrote: »
    One of the big advantages of a tablet over a clipboard is that the information on it can be updated when they're on-air without having to get a bit of paper to the presenter. If the talkback goes down, it would also provide an alternative way of the gallery contacting the presenter.

Back in the old days presenters could deal with that without an ipad. They did the job fine without them for 40-50 years now they seem to be every ware!

The sky presenter simon croaky voice even straps his to himself like it's his little baby and he doesn't want to loose it! Give me strength!

I am sure you have a point and I am not having a go at you at all if that's how it's sounding. :o Sorry to come over aggressive on this one but my position is simple. The presenter should know what he is doing. Even if the talk back goes down he should have something ready to say and a defence mechanism you could say. They do not need ipads to be drip fed. They should know how to do the job on there own.

Simple! :confused:

And if all else goes wrong they should do this.

Can't imagine Jake doing that! Good old Coleman! :D

Ken
  • joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1 Mike wrote: »
    well there you go, that's something else I didn't know :)

Given your user name, thought you might. :D

I'm surprised by this, there's me thinking they rushed up to Lee because they liked her face, well SebVet anyway (!)
    I just thought drivers were directed to interviewers in some semblance of order, not that microphone colours were significant too.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's Lee's face that left the biggest impression on Mr. Vettel ;)

Did pictures of THAT red dress ever appear? Purely for research, of course.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

That's not particularly surprising, even last year during their F1 coverage they didn't tend to re-edit their F1 promos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    I don't think it's Lee's face that left the biggest impression on Mr. Vettel ;)

Did pictures of THAT red dress ever appear? Purely for research, of course.

Why just Vettel? Do you know a dirty secret about him. :D

Well to be honest if i had the money my house would be full of hookers! :D

Yeah! the one's you hang your coats on! boom boom......(Tumble weed drifts past)

I can't believe I wasted my time typing that. :o

Ken
  • Chris_WilliamsChris_Williams Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    F1-Addict wrote: »
    Just a random pedantic comment here but I had hoped Sky would ditch the red microphones they used last year, always thought they looked like they'd been thrown together at the last minute with a velcro logo hurriedly slapped on the front, I much prefer the Sky Deutschland microphones personally (albeit slightly too big).

Has anyone noticed that Martin Brundle, unlike the others, refuses to have the "Sky" part of the mic showing in front of his face? Simon, Damon and Johnny are like "we are with Sky" while Martin displays the "F1 HD" section of the label. He seems to wince when saying "Sky" in my opinion. Having been with ITV and BBC do you suppose he is trying to be respectful to those who oppposed his move to Sky?

Maybe he has the "Sky" part in front of his eyes at all times so he doesn't accidently say BBC?
This discussion has been closed.