Most disgusting and shocking films.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2:37 has a few shocking scenes, there's one where a boy rapes his sister quite badly and then at the end there's a scene where a girl slits her wrists on camera and lies in her own blood sobbing to death. :cry:
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    Kirkfnw wrote: »
    Was that film called Grotesque?
    No, it was really called Snuff, though it's actually a re-edited Argentinean film with a new and unrelated splatter SFX ending tacked on and renamed for the American market.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072184/

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Live cat is fed to hungry rats...rats are later burnt to death.
    Oddly that sequence was one of the few true special effects sequences. The cat had honey smeared on its coat and the tame rats obligingly licked it off. The cat lived happily ever after.

Other gruesome sequences used actual body parts sourced from a morgue as they didn't have the budget to make convincing splatter effects and the director really wanted to make a serious film highlighting the Japanese war atrocities he felt the world was forgetting. After it became an international hit, especially among the VHS grue merchants in the US, the Chinese production company started churning out more and more even cheaper knock-offs with more and more crappy SFX, but none of them had the serious intentions of the first one.

Regards

Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Martyrs isn't exactly disgusting or shocking but it's extremely intense- visceral and disturbing. I felt strange for days after watching it.
    If you're looking for something 'extreme' to watch I'd recommend it, I think it's the most unsettling film i've ever seen.

Ichi the Killer and Tokyo Gore Police are good if you're looking for things with buckets of gore and striking imagery, but both are too cartoony and fun to be described as shocking. The most disgusting part in Ichi is the title rising out of spunk at the start. Semen/lymphy stuff is waaay more disgusting than blood
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it's on an extremely different level to all the gory stuff that's been mentioned here, but the most disturbing scene I've even seen in a film is the rape scene in Irreversible. It's just so intense, and long. Shocking, painful and heartbreaking.

Actually an incredible film, though.
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen all the gory and violent films and to me they're just daft and predictable. One film that scarred me for life... Wolf Creek.
    I very foolishly watched it on my own, at night, under the heavy influence of cannabis, back when I used to smoke. It truly disturbed the hell out of me. Having said that, I have also watched it whilst completely sober in broad daylight and it still scared the crap out of me.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I tend to steer clear of these kind of films that have no plot and are made solely to shock or disturb. From what I have seen I'd have to go with Centipede 2. I watched the first and found it strangely interesting. Twisted, but interesting. Unfortunately, the sequel was a laughable attempt at film-making. The director must have one warped imagination.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Dont know if this site is of interest to anyone posting on this thread..I like watching these movies but do admit to covering my eyes to much of the action..I am a pussy cat who likes the etreme..lol..

This site mentions many of the films listed on this thread..plus a few I have never heard of..

http://horrornews.net/6527/extreme-cinema-top-25-most-disturbing-films-of-all-time-part2/
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolf creek! Forgot about that. Quite upsetting.
    Ordered Eden Lake from Amazon.
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »

Wolf Creek got me too..always find myself drawn to watching it when its on even though I know I will be doing so through my fingertips..my husband works away and I so shouldnt watch these films when he isnt here but cant help myself..

I am not really into gore..am more into unsettling circumstances that could possibly occur..chatty Australian guy who seems a bit of a baffoon....then the fact he is so cold and calculated..these sort of movies bother me..and this one turns so quickly..
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had Wolf Creek sitting on my shelf for well over a year now, and I still haven't seen it !
    I bought it for about 25p from Ebay !
    It was a 'spur of the moment' purchase ! :)
    Forum Member
    I've had Wolf Creek sitting on my shelf for well over a year now, and I still haven't seen it !
    I bought it for about 25p from Ebay !
    It was a 'spur of the moment' purchase ! :)

Even though you have probably read everything you can about the film and know what happens..you should watch it...its good..
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    L'interieur (Inside).

I wouldn't recommend watching if:

1. You're pregnant or about to give birth
    2. You're trying for a baby
    3. You've recently given birth
    4. You're easily squeamish

It remains to this day the only film where the ending has left me with my mouth wide open at what happened.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Even though you have probably read everything you can about the film and know what happens..you should watch it...its good..

I will get round to it one day ! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    "Guyver" contains an extremely nasty scene where...

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

...Mark Hammill turns into a big cockroach. Well, the scene seemed nasty last time I watched the film, and it's been many years now, so maybe the effect won't be quite as nauseating now. Can't really explain why this particular one bothers me so much, usually I can watch pretty much anything.

The most disgusting film in recent memory will probably be "Dan" with Steve Carrell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

both good films..both upsetting..i have both still on my planner recordings from the tv :p
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Mark A wrote: »
    Oddly that sequence was one of the few true special effects sequences. The cat had honey smeared on its coat and the tame rats obligingly licked it off. The cat lived happily ever after.

Snipped

Regards

Mark

Damn good work on behalf of the director then.
    Forum Member
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Damn good work on behalf of the director then.
    Have a read of the trivia section in the film's IMDB entry.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093170/trivia

Regards

Mark
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wolf Creek isn't upsetting, it's tame!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Steve35 wrote: »

I can see how it would be upsetting to people not used to horror movies, but i'd agree that it's pretty tame really. I find it more amusing than upsetting, especially the "you call that a knife?!" and the head on a stick bit:p
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »

Well compared to Cannibal Holocaust, salo, Island of death, nekromantic and it's sequel, yes it is. It just sort of got to me.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I can see how it would be upsetting to people not used to horror movies, but i'd agree that it's pretty tame really. I find it more amusing than upsetting, especially the "you call that a knife?!" and the head on a stick bit:p

Haha, yea class bit:D:p
    Forum Member
    Well compared to Cannibal Holocaust, salo, Island of death, nekromantic and it's sequel, yes it is. It just sort of got to me.

I agree...the chances of meeting a bunch of cannibals in a desserted place is pretty slim for example..but there is something about the way Jon Jarret plays Mick Taylor that makes him more menacing than many villians..he is more scary to me than leatherface,Michael Myers,Freddie Kruger etc..because he is so real and so unpredictable..I know the horror movies are very,very tame compared to some of the more obscure,disgusting movies that there are around..but if we are talking mainstream shown on TV horror movies..then Wolf Creek is pretty menacing..but only because of the lead man..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Neighbor has some disgusting bits in it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the human centipede and centipede 2 are supposed to be disgustung. I saw the trailer, and felt so ill, and I couldn't get it out of my head.

not bothered by most horrors, gore is fine. eating people, whatever, but I draw the line at people being sewn together ass to face and eating each others shite

The very worrying thing is that someone actually planned that and turned it into a movie.. That's what I find even more disturbing!