I miss the Sugababes...

AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They were basically my childhood, the first time I heard Hole in the Head I was hooked, I've loved them ever since, no matter what line-up they were always amazing, line-ups 2 and 3 hold special places in my heart because I grew up with them, I saw 3.0 on their Greatest Hits tour and they were fantastic, I just miss them so much, I know we have MKS, but it doesn't feel the same, it doesn't feel like 3 girls who want to sing together, it feels like 3 girls riding the hype and trying to make as much as they can from it, I want a new Sugababes album! Heidi, Amelle, Jade, if you see this, please get back in that recording studio! You had an album ready to go but then the Freedom mess happened and it was shelved I guess....just put it on itunes! I don't mind just a digital release!:cry:

Anyone else miss them and their awesome pop music? Each album had a unique style, or I should say a specific style.
Like they reinvented themselves each time with a new look, style and kind of music.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They WERE good but I do not miss them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see what Heidi, Amelle and Jade could come up with as a band.

Looking forward to MKS but Mutya, Keisha and Heidi will always be the ultimate line up for me
  • Judas82Judas82 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    They've said they're just taking a break but do plan to release music at a later date. I do hope so but think they were right to take time out ; they really couldn't continue with all the unfair bad press they were receiving at the time. I personally liked every line up of the group.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I've never understood why people prefer Heidi over Siobhan. I guess they made more commercially successful music with Heidi in the group, but if I had to pick between all the singers, Heidi would be one of the last. She is so vanilla compared to the others. Siobhan's musical ability and voice is only something Heidi can dream of IMO.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Albums 1-4 cutting edge pop at it's finest. They were a pop band you could like if yoe were an indie loving hipster :D After Amelle joined the music became increasingly generic and drab and by the time of Sweet 7 they were nothing less than record company fodder.

I Don't miss 4.0 or to an extent 3.0 though Change was a good album i think it's time for a GH disbanding.

Wouldn't it be funny though if 1.0 imploded one leaves and the cycle begins again :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I would love a new album with Jades input from day one. But after Catfights and Spotlights and Sweet 7 flops and that complete disaster called Freedom I've accepted there well and truly over :(
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugababes 1.0 was my favourite line-up and although I want to hear the new MKS album I think they have ultimately left it too late for me to care as much as I once would have. One Touch is still one of my favourite albums that I play a lot, though. Most of the songs on that album still sound so fresh and original they could have been released yesterday.

I lost interest in the Sugababes brand when Keisha went. Even before that, I'd never warmed to Amelle. Still some cracking tunes up until the diabolical Catfights & Sweet 7 eras though.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Freak Like Me and Round Round were brilliant songs imo. Especially Freak Like Me with all the sampling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Like it or loathe it, the Sugababes are Mutya, Keisha, Heidi.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see what Heidi, Amelle and Jade could come up with as a band.

Looking forward to MKS but Mutya, Keisha and Heidi will always be the ultimate line up for me

I have to agree. I don't think I've really heard Siobhan sing to be honest :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree. I don't think I've really heard Siobhan sing to be honest :o

Her solo albums especiallly Ghost are incredible she is such an underrated artist.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss mutya and kesha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

^This.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

I agree. That lineup did some of the best Sugababes songs and Angels With Dirty Faces and Three are good pop albums.
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Freak Like Me and Round Round were brilliant songs imo. Especially Freak Like Me with all the sampling.

I love both those songs, but I tend to listen to Round Round more.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I've got a greatest hits CD, with 'Hole In The Head' on it, my favourite.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overloaded:_The_Singles_Collection

Hole In The Head
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0tUnUB27I

I have to admit, Heidi was always my favourite.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Range
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who made you judge and jury, then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Her solo albums especiallly Ghost are incredible she is such an underrated artist.

Agreed. It's absolutely criminal she didn't "make it" as a successful and established solo act.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    I've got a greatest hits CD, with 'Hole In The Head' on it, my favourite.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overloaded:_The_Singles_Collection

Hole In The Head
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0tUnUB27I

I have to admit, Heidi was always my favourite.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Range

I have that CD as well! It was my first foray into the Sugababes' music. I got it as a Christmas present from my friend in 2006.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. It's absolutely criminal she didn't "make it" as a successful and established solo act.

I always think had she released in 09 she would have slayed it. florence, Ellie, Marina all came after and she fits in that genre perfectly. It's a shame but hopefully after MKS she will gain more recognition.
    Forum Member
    I have that CD as well! It was my first foray into the Sugababes' music. I got it as a Christmas present from my friend in 2006.

It's a good poppy CD, complete with booklet containing lyrics to all the tracks and a slip in with tour dates from 2007. Feel good music.

Red Dress - Sugababes Lyrics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vg9iEESJHg
    or
    Red Dress
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQltvlR6_fw
    Forum Member
    Sugababes - Round Round
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHh86ySgKrA

And Mutya, Heidi, plus another group member (not sure who she is?) keep taking turns at front mike. Very appropriate for the song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

You are so right, both her debut 'Revolution in Me' and 'Ghosts' were shockingly underrated! I would advise anyone unwise of Siobhans works to especially check out Ghosts, it really is a brilliant album!
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    They were basically my childhood, the first time I heard Hole in the Head I was hooked, I've loved them ever since, no matter what line-up they were always amazing, line-ups 2 and 3 hold special places in my heart because I grew up with them, I saw 3.0 on their Greatest Hits tour and they were fantastic, I just miss them so much, I know we have MKS, but it doesn't feel the same, it doesn't feel like 3 girls who want to sing together, it feels like 3 girls riding the hype and trying to make as much as they can from it, I want a new Sugababes album! Heidi, Amelle, Jade, if you see this, please get back in that recording studio! You had an album ready to go but then the Freedom mess happened and it was shelved I guess....just put it on itunes! I don't mind just a digital release!:cry:

Anyone else miss them and their awesome pop music? Each album had a unique style, or I should say a specific style.
    Like they reinvented themselves each time with a new look, style and kind of music.

Plus interchangeable members as I recall . They had more changes than the Stones :)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I actually like the last line up - Jade, Heidi and Amelle. I think they have potential they just need to gain some momentum again...
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I actually like the last line up - Jade, Heidi and Amelle. I think they have potential they just need to gain some momentum again...

Agreed. I thought "About A Girl" was a fresh and strong single for them to start on. It would be good if they released similar material to that.