Fifa 14 Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
Forum Member
Are you guys looking forward to the new fifa?, Would you be buying it on this generation consoles or next generation consoles?

I would be buying it on this gen consoles, I'm reasonably looking forward to it with the updated roosters and the new updates to the games

Comments

• Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have it pre ordered with the PS4, going to try not buy it on this gen. Chances are I'll probably cave before Nov & buy it on 360 as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Yes, looking forward to Fifa 14 for the PS4. Always fun playing multi-player and career mode.
  • sahisahi Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when it's coming out for the PS4?
    Forum Member
    sahi wrote: »
    Does anyone know when it's coming out for the PS4?

I would suspect launch, 29th November for PS4. Depends though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im not a fifa fan but will be buying it for the ps4 seeing as pes wont be out on ps4 untill next year.

i heard its just a straight conversion of this gen
    Forum Member
    kcspurs wrote: »
    im not a fifa fan but will be buying it for the ps4 seeing as pes wont be out on ps4 untill next year.

Yeah, with a few upgrades here and there. If they sort out the bugs with a proper Quality Assurance team this time round you could be pleasantly surprised with Fifa 14.

I'm just pleased the shooting mechanics and defence has been sorted out and they move around a lot better with strategic gameplay in the midfield. (from the coverage I've seen anyway). Should make the game a lot more fun to play instead of the usual types of games and animations.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kcspurs wrote: »

According to EA it's been rebuilt from ground up as they are using the Ignite Engine. Plus it has 10 times as many animations. The core gameplay is very similar to Fifa 13 CG though as expected.

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/next-gen-fifa-14-has-10x-more-animations/
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Wonder what they'll do with the front cover now Bale's away to Real Madrid? http://youtu.be/RuZTdixMtQY

Looking forward to this game but will hold off until I get a PS4
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither don't trust Fifa games anymore as too many bugs and EA don't seem to give a rats ass about it's customers.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Wonder what they'll do with the front cover now Bale's away to Real Madrid? http://youtu.be/RuZTdixMtQY

Looking forward to this game but will hold off until I get a PS4

Looks like it'll just stay the same. Obviously Bale will now have a Real Madrid strip on! :p
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From hotukdeals

Fifa 14 pre-orders for Xbox 360 / PS3 / Xbox One / PS4 £35.00 with code plus (PS4 & Xbone £42) + 500 clubcard points + possible cashback

So you get £5 off any preorder (code on Tesco site) which drops the price to £35 (current gen). You get 500 bonus Tesco points.

You also get 4 free Ultimate team packs.

You may also get cashback via topcashback but im not 100% sure on that.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why is fifa so expensive these days?

i long for the supermarket £25 deals of a few years ago
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »

£35 is not too bad is it? Game charge £45 Amazon £40
    Forum Member
    [Achievements] have been revealed.

:eek::eek: There's no IF achievement!!! EA I'm shocked! :p

Not long til the demo is out now.
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

THIS I skipped the last FIFA all together because i was not willing to spend 40 odd quid, I have pre ordered the PS4 and i will probably be picking up FIFA 14 at the same time but going forward i will probably only buy one every other year, lots of my friends already do this with Tiger woods / NBA / WWE games
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody know if The Hut are doing the pants deal again? I'm always looking for clean pants.
    Forum Member
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    Anybody know if The Hut are doing the pants deal again? I'm always looking for clean pants.

They were

But expired 3wks ago according to HUKD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-J wrote: »
    THIS I skipped the last FIFA all together because i was not willing to spend 40 odd quid, I have pre ordered the PS4 and i will probably be picking up FIFA 14 at the same time but going forward i will probably only buy one every other year, lots of my friends already do this with Tiger woods / NBA / WWE games

Two points, FIFA holds its value superbly well, if you are clever you can offload your old version of the game a month or so before the next one is released and subsidise your new purchase. I mean right now FIFA 13 sells for £12 or so on ebay and that is with the new one 3 weeks away. Secondly if you are paying 40 odd quid for any xbox 360/ps3 standard version of a game you are doing it wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now £35 on amazon.
    Never used them for a pre order though so im not sure how reliable they are.
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two points, FIFA holds its value superbly well, if you are clever you can offload your old version of the game a month or so before the next one is released and subsidise your new purchase. I mean right now FIFA 13 sells for £12 or so on ebay and that is with the new one 3 weeks away. Secondly if you are paying 40 odd quid for any xbox 360/ps3 standard version of a game you are doing it wrong.

Tesco offered a price I think was £12-£15 last year up until launch of FIFA 13, for FIFA 12.. which you could then put towards FIFA 13 whenever.

I remember going up to the local 24 hour one during the day to trade in mine and my mates copy, then went back later on to pick up two copies
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    I have it pre ordered with the PS4, going to try not buy it on this gen. Chances are I'll probably cave before Nov & buy it on 360 as well.

Same here. :p

Hopefully enough interest to start another DS Mini FIFA league on the PS4. Last few times the 360 one bombed :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't want to start a new thread but does anybody know when the PES demo is released?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread but does anybody know when the PES demo is released?

Next Wednesday I believe. 11th September for PS3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ill get pes on the ps3.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why did supermarkets stop doing the £25 deal?