Was Denise robbed ?

Comments

• wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she was robbed of some of the enjoyment of talking part. Glad she got to dance right to the end.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    No. She wasn't the best dancer and no one liked her.

Massive fail on all levels really. James is a disaster as a partner too.

No one liked her that will be why she was not first out tonight. If she was not the best Dancer you better let the Judges know becuase she got the most points tonight and over the whole series.
  • ukgirl71ukgirl71 Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    for me she was far and away the best dancer but the GBP prove that there's nowt as queer as folk
  • multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Lewis was easily the weakest of the three. Denise's show dance was quite simply the best dance of the series by miles.In fact one of the all time greatest SCD dances IMHO
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tedsloan wrote: »
    It doesn't say much for the Public's judgment ! I would have put Louis in 3rd place after Denise. It was obviously a further Olympian vote.

Not much point now, is there? You were clearly wrong, weren't you? :D:D:D
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    multisync wrote: »
    Lewis was easily the weakest of the three. Denise's show dance was quite simply the best dance of the series by miles.In fact one of the all time greatest SCD dances IMHO

Yeah, but that's according to you - and no one else agreed did they? :D:D:D

And you spell his name Louis not Lewis. :rolleyes:
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    No one liked her that will be why she was not first out tonight. If she was not the best Dancer you better let the Judges know becuase she got the most points tonight and over the whole series.

Who is this 'no one' person ?? Judging by the forums tonight, loads of people loved Denise. I certainly did. Don't make such sweeping statements, especially when they're blatantly wrong.
  • AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely not!!!!
  • rufusedrufused Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    The best dance of the whole series was a dead heat between the show dances of Denise and Louis and Kimberley's tango. I so admired Denise and James for their risk everything show dance.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    multisync wrote: »
    And IMHO that is no more than YHO - and opinions don't count.

Louis and Flavia are champions!

(pops another bottle of champagne)

Cheers.:)
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but that's according to you - and no one else agreed did they? :D:D:D:

Any chance you could stop assuming no-one likes Denise? Just because she didn't win doesn't mean she was unliked. Not everyone likes Louis, you know :rolleyes:
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I don't think it should ever be left to a public vote, which is why I no longer watch.

It's nothing to do with skill or talent, it's nothing more than a personality contest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    PinkyPig wrote: »
    I probably did forget Dani, who i've recently discovered had been employed in a dancing role, but Fern? Really? If you say so...what a bad loser you are!

Anyway, just as in other years the ringers were defeated by the voters.[/QUOTE

Fern has had some dance training (tap dancing) and, in case you had forgotten, was in last year's Christmas Strictly, I think.

And no, I'm not a bad loser, I just state the facts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this 'no one' person ?? Judging by the forums tonight, loads of people loved Denise. I certainly did. Don't make such sweeping statements, especially when they're blatantly wrong.

Please go back and check you need to learn some manners I was quoting another persons post that said that and sticking up for Denise like I have for weeks. Dont jump on someone until you have you facts right.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise and James were top with the judges and I agree but Louis with his vest off was sure to win. It's fairly easy to predict now. Most women tend to vote for young men and they're not looking at the dancing much.

Still...Louis looked chuffed to bits and I hope he enjoys the win. I don't know if he's on the tour but he'd be very popular no doubt.
  • RhythmIsADancerRhythmIsADancer Posts: 327
    Forum Member

Denise was the best dancer and should have won. It seems to me that the outcome was predetermined as no way did Louis deserve to win (but then, Rachel was robbed as well by the Beeb changing the rules to keep their 'own' man in).

Unfortately, the best dancer seldom wins, with Kara probably the only exception.

The only worse result than tonights, which makes a complete mockery of what is supposedly a DANCE show, would have been if the awful Lisa had made it to the final and won.

I honestly despair of the GBP!

A sad end to the worst series yet :-(

EDIT: I hope next years celebs on SCD are better, as the DOI list seems to be scraping the barrel as well.
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she was not robbed, she did not win, ever so simple really.
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    bobtherob wrote: »
    She WAS the best dancer.

By 1 point tonight and 8 points all series - nothing in the Grand Scheme
  • multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but that's according to you - and no one else agreed did they? :D:D:D

And you spell his name Louis not Lewis. :rolleyes:

Apart from all 4 judges I guess but women and their hormones eh?
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the day Louis is not a dancer and therefore has made quite a journey through the weeks. He danced well enough to make himself a viable winner. If you add that to the suggestion that the considerable female audience for Strictly is arguably going to find Louis attractive on many levels(and perhaps more inclined to vote than men generally) I dont think its that surprising that Louis has won. Infact I could not see it going any other way as there was no significant male challenge to Louis over the weeks which might have weakened his vote.
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please go back and check you need to learn some manners I was quoting another persons post that said that and sticking up for Denise like I have for weeks. Dont jump on someone until you have you facts right.

I am sorry you thought I had bad manners, but the start of your post was so badly written, it did not make sense and therefore conveyed the wrong message.
  • danceagogodanceagogo Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No is the simple answer
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. She wasn't the best dancer and no one liked her.

Massive fail on all levels really. James is a disaster as a partner too.

Rather an over statement to say "no one liked her",I did and as she was not out first so did alot of other people.I thought she and james worked well together.
  • welshwaltzerwelshwaltzer Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    PinkyPig wrote: »
    Personally I don't think Denise or Kimberley should have been taking part, they might not be professional ballroom dancers, but their musical theatre experience gave them a totally unfair advantage, and therefore I can't say that either of them were robbed.

Totally agree.
    I think if they hadn't kept on about Denise "not being a dancer" all the time she might have stood a better chance with the public, but have you heard the saying "thou doest protest too much". They all said it on It Takes Two this week again. Then when the judges gave her the extra point at the end it was the final nail in her coffin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry you thought I had bad manners, but the start of your post was so badly written, it did not make sense and therefore conveyed the wrong message.

Nothing to do with how it was written you jumped in with two feet before you checked my whole post and the post I quoted against.