Alexandra Burke Announces Royal Albert Hall Residency / Will Tribute Diana Ross

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://thatgrapejuice.net/2013/03/alexandra-burke-announces-royal-albert-hall-residency-tribute-lady-sings-blues/

A pretty amazing gig to have, well done, and good luck with it :)

Thoughts ?

Comments

• ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna try and hopefully go!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Same here...I missed tickets for Leona's RAH concert so it's great that Alex is doing one now as well.

I'm sure it will be great and it's a nice gig before she gears up for the new album later this year. :)
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A little more information has been included in the Digital Spy Article -

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...ampaign=twdsuk
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So pleased for Alex, but gutted I am on holiday, so won't be able to go. It should be brilliant.
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when was 'tribute' a verb?:confused:
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when was 'tribute' a verb?:confused:

it's only from your post that i understand the title now, I thought Will Tribute was someone's name:o

must have become a verb at the same time as 'to medal' as used at the Olympics
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the elgar room will be quite an `intimate` venue for her fans.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    the elgar room will be quite an `intimate` venue for her fans.

Isnt it a resturant as well -- holds about 300 -- so maybe a bit of a night club type atmosphere
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just ask why it says Diana Ross in the title but Billie Holiday on the title of the first post :o
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    Isnt it a resturant as well -- holds about 300 -- so maybe a bit of a night club type atmosphere

which would be the perfect setting for the music she will be performing.
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Can I just ask why it says Diana Ross in the title but Billie Holiday on the title of the first post :o

diana ross played billie holiday in the film `lady sings the blues` and alexandra will be presumably performing songs from the film`s soundtrack.
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the venue is perfect, The Elgar room looks really lovely and so intimate, great for 'lady sings the blues'.
    Alex can save the big hall for her next tour, to celebrate her 3rd album, so a win, win, situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to her. Looking forward to her next album
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good career move for her! Show herself as an all rounder. The pop industry is pathetic and image led, artists need to diversify.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    they've been on sale since 9... 3 shows sold out already.
  • SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All shows sold out. Not surprising really if the capacity is 300 but well done to her
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving this move. Alex was always born to be a blues/R&B singer in my opinion so I can't wait to see what this brings. A pop/r&b fusion is what she needs for her third album though. Think "All Night Long" and "The Silence" from Overcome.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    True. Her voice is what makes her. She is a singer first and foremost.
  • LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to Alex and I think she'll be great. :)
  • violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unknowns play the Elgar Room.

It all PR for her saying RAH.

I tried to book a ticket as I like Billie and Alex has a great voice.

I thought £37.50 was far too much for her considering she has flopped but it seems to have sold out anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought £37.50 was far too much for her considering she has flopped but it seems to have sold out anyway.

Oh well, never mind. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Statement re: @alexandramusic: "Due to an overwhelming demand for tickets, Alexandra Burke has decided to postpone her June 'Lady Sings The Blues' concerts and re-schedule the performances for later this year, at additional venues. Tickets for the six dates at the Royal Albert Hall's Elgar Room sold out within hours, with many fans disappointed, so these new dates, to be announced soon, will allow more fans to see and enjoy the shows."

Just so anyone going knows, the tour has been postponed to a later date due to "overwhelming demand"....

A bit disappointing, but if more fans get to see the show, then all the better imo, she has other things coming up in June anyway, so I was worried how she would fit it all in. I'm glad they have decided to add even more dates though, I thought the tickets very quickly.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its good to see her singing the type of music that she should have done from the start.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Royal Albert hall concerts have now been cancelled due to overwhelming demand for tickets, and will be re-arranged for later in the year at some larger venues.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Royal Albert hall concerts have now been cancelled due to overwhelming demand for tickets, and will be re-arranged for later in the year at some larger venues.

thats................good I guess?? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    thats................good I guess?? :confused:

Well her team clearly underestimated the demand for tickets. I'm not surprised they have to get bigger venues. It was easy to say that the fact she was due to play the Elgar Room shows that there just isn't a demand for Alexandra any more, but this clearly shows the opposite.

The original set of tickets sold out very quickly, faster than I was expecting, considering everything. It's weird that they decided to postpone the entire tour until a later date, but she has other commitments in June so I guess they weren't able to fit more dates around that.

I'm glad that more people will get to see the concert though, I think her voice will go great with Billie's tracks. :)