Anyone else love Deep House?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am really getting into it recently, and I feel this year it has become one of my favourite genres!

It is so upbeat, feel good and summery!

Some great Deep House tracks are:

Disclosure - White Noise
Luke Dumont - Need You (100%)
:p

Comments

• AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martyn-suburbia
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good deep house tunes that are a little more commercial:

Rudimental - Spoons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9iZh5lV13M

Cyril Hahn - Perfect Form - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXM4QcQLzrE
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Deep House and trance always have there have been some great mainstream pop stars releasing albums with house influenc like Little Boots- Nocturnes.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested to see who the first big star is going to be to release a proper house-influenced pop song.

Rihanna and Britney first did it with dubstep (G4L, Mad House, Hold It Against Me), who's gonna do it with house?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I'm interested to see who the first big star is going to be to release a proper house-influenced pop song.

Rihanna and Britney first did it with dubstep (G4L, Mad House, Hold It Against Me), who's gonna do it with house?

Kelis already did with Fleshtone
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    scratchy23 wrote: »

The thing is, dubstep only started in the 00s (you could argue it existed a bit before, in the form of UK garage), whilst house music has been around since the 80's, so lots of pop stars even as far back as Janet Jackson and Madonna have done house-influenced songs already (you could argue Britney and Rihanna included).

But I don't think house is going to do anything big, at least in the pop world and on a worldwide scale. It's clear the direction mainstream music is heading now, and it's definitely in a direction away from anything dance-related. Pop music is starting to take influences from funk, R&B, disco, hip hop at the moment, I can see something like trap being the "new dubstep", rather than house.

And with dubstep, there weren't any actual dubstep songs being hits (at least worldwide). It was just songs with a dubstep-ish section during the bridge/middle 8. Having 8 bars of something that sounds like dubstep in a song was making them more marketable and seeming edgy and cool, but really most of those songs were just like any other dance-pop song.

It's like drum & bass, that's also made a resurgance in the UK, but pop stars aren't really taking anything from it, and it's not doing anything in the US.
  • AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    The thing is, dubstep only started in the 00s (you could argue it existed a bit before, in the form of UK garage), whilst house music has been around since the 80's, so lots of pop stars even as far back as Janet Jackson and Madonna have done house-influenced songs already (you could argue Britney and Rihanna included).

But I don't think house is going to do anything big, at least in the pop world and on a worldwide scale. It's clear the direction mainstream music is heading now, and it's definitely in a direction away from anything dance-related. Pop music is starting to take influences from funk, R&B, disco, hip hop at the moment, I can see something like trap being the "new dubstep", rather than house.

And with dubstep, there weren't any actual dubstep songs being hits (at least worldwide). It was just songs with a dubstep-ish section during the bridge/middle 8. Having 8 bars off something that sounds like dubstep in a song was making them more marketable and seeming edgy and cool, but really most of those songs were just like any other dance-pop song.

It's like drum & bass, that's also made a resurgance in the UK, but pop stars aren't really taking anything from it, and it's not doing anything in the US.

Did Mr Ozio have anything to do with Dubstep before UK Garage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    If you're just getting into deep house; 'Au Seve - Julio Bashmore', most people tend to like it. Another is 'Shadow Child - 23', personal favourite! I cant emphasize how much you need a good system when listening to Deep house, you need to be able to feel the sub and bass or you're missing out on half the track!
  • CeeOCeeO Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check out the originators of 'deep house' - Larry Heard, Rheji Burrell to name a couple, also artists like Darand Land, Wayne Gardiner, Spiritchaser, Jus Ed, Ron Trent, and of course LHAS (Jaime Read).