Did Nicole get fed the name to boot?

AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When Nicole was choosing who to boot off for Abbie did anyone notice her checking her ear piece?

I know its all a facade and I'm fine with that but they seem to not bother to cover it up anymore

Comments

• welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    When Nicole was choosing who to boot off for Abbie did anyone notice her checking her ear piece?

I know its all a facade and I'm fine with that but they seem to not bother to cover it up anymore

Ear piece? What ear piece?!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say the entire top 6 is chosen by the producers, meaning Nicole was giving an Oscar winning performance :)
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Ear piece? What ear piece?!

I assume they wear ear pieces linked to their mic?
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that the show is manipulated, and call my naive, but I genuinely do think the judges decide which contestants go through. These judges aren't actors. I don't think the judges are told who to put through. It's a television show, they're bound to be directed in a particular direction. Look at how emotional they get. Maybe I'm wrong and just overly naive. We'll never know for sure. Besides, if there was genuine doubt over the show's honesty, ofcom would've investigated by now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this stage OFCOM probably can't do anything as we don't vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    It disgusts me that the entire thing was nothing but theatrics. They had 6 names at the start and they knew exactly who was gonna be sat in those seats before the girls even sang.

I love the idea of the show, I hate the manipulation.

Who was that Jade girl who Nichole kicked off about? I thought she was actually better than most of the girls in the seats! I was like WTF?
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I know that the show is manipulated, and call my naive, but I genuinely do think the judges decide which contestants go through. These judges aren't actors. I don't think the judges are told who to put through. It's a television show, they're bound to be directed in a particular direction. Look at how emotional they get. Maybe I'm wrong and just overly naive. We'll never know for sure. Besides, if there was genuine doubt over the show's honesty, ofcom would've investigated by now.

I'm sure OFCOM would only get involved if the show wasn't being honest about the results of the public vote... When it comes to the producers making decisions for the judges and the judges passing it off as their own choice, I don't think it actually breaks any OFCOM rules.
    Forum Member
    I assume they wear ear pieces linked to their mic?

Erm why do you 'assume' this? They don't, as far as I can see. Accusing X Factor of being fake by making things up we can all see for ourselves - nice! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this stage OFCOM probably can't do anything as we don't vote.

People are always saying the live shows are fixed also. They can't be, nor can these results. These people are getting paid millions not to act, but to be interesting and entertaining judges. There's no way that all four judges are such strong actors, no way. Can you really imagine someone telling Sharon what to do? Or Gary. He wouldn't have anything to do with the show if he had no control; he's all for credibility.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    It disgusts me that the entire thing was nothing but theatrics. They had 6 names at the start and they knew exactly who was gonna be sat in those seats before the girls even sang.

I love the idea of the show, I hate the manipulation.

Who was that Jade girl who Nichole kicked off about? I thought she was actually better than most of the girls in the seats! I was like WTF?

Did you see that laidback attitude - when 1000s of people are dying for an opportunity she nailed her own coffin by saying that she didn't mind if it's a no!!! Do you just say that when everyone else is dying for a yes??!
    Forum Member
    There is absolutely no question as to whether the producers choose the contestants. They do, I know for a fact.

I watched this year for no reason other than Melanie was back.

The entire show from the very start is orchestrated. They know who they want to win from day 1. They likely have a plan A and a plan B.

Current plan A is Tamara Foster, without a shadow of a doubt. I guess it will just depend how many more people she's beat up and abused come forward. All it will take is a few bad song choices, some dodgy camera angles, choice words from the judges and she will be out, just like anybody else and on to plan B they go.
    Forum Member
    Did you see that laidback attitude - when 1000s of people are dying for an opportunity she nailed her own coffin by saying that she didn't mind if it's a no!!! Do you just say that when everyone else is dying for a yes??!

Huh, we didn't get to see the entire audition! And while everybody is busy slagging the girls off for being cry babies and desperate, now this girl is too laid back?

I love how critical you lot are :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Erm why do you 'assume' this? They don't, as far as I can see. Accusing X Factor of being fake by making things up we can all see for ourselves - nice! :D

I think they do wear them imo.

She pressed her ear with her finger
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no question as to whether the producers choose the contestants. They do, I know for a fact.

I watched this year for no reason other than Melanie was back.

The entire show from the very start is orchestrated. They know who they want to win from day 1. They likely have a plan A and a plan B.

Current plan A is Tamara Foster, without a shadow of a doubt. I guess it will just depend how many more people she's beat up and abused come forward. All it will take is a few bad song choices, some dodgy camera angles, choice words from the judges and she will be out, just like anybody else and on to plan B they go.

How do you know that as a fact?

Personally, I think you're wrong.

The judges are not actors.

It's a ridiculous conspiracy theory that angers me about this show :(

Explain why the likes of Cheryl Cole hasn't come forward and said the show is a fix?

It makes no sense. You think Gary would be involved with the show if it was fixed?
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I think they do wear them imo.

She pressed her ear with her finger

Yeah, I noticed that.
    Forum Member

Sorry, but are you being serious here? I have never taken an acting class in my life but I could easily take orders from an earpiece. Emotions are probably real, it probably makes them sad that they have to send the acts home. It's just that the choices are NOT their own.

This is not a conspiracy theory, it's a fact. And if you really don't know this, I would be concerned, because that is a little too naive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but are you being serious here? I have never taken an acting class in my life but I could easily take orders from an earpiece. Emotions are probably real, it probably makes them sad that they have to send the acts home. It's just that the choices are NOT their own.

This is not a conspiracy theory, it's a fact. And if you really don't know this, I would be concerned, because that is a little too naive.

Tell me how it's a fact.
    Forum Member
    Explain why the likes of Cheryl Cole hasn't come forward and said the show is a fix?

They are all bound by a lifetime contract of secrecy. If they were to come forward and explain it's all a fix, then they'd be sued for millions and their career would be in danger. These people are big business in the music industry and they aren't gonna risk somebody blabbing.

Maybe in 20 years once X Factor is all over, they'll come forward in a documentary and explain how its all fixed.

I can almost guarantee EVERY week, who is going home, based on the performance.
    1. Bad song choice.
    2. Dressed badly.
    3. Terrible far off camera angles.
    4. Choice comments from judges.
    5. Maybe a clip of them going to see their friends at home, where they'll be filmed in an empty pub, meeting 2 friends.

I get it right 99% of the time, because if you open your eyes, it's clear how they get people out and who is the plan A and usually plan B too.
    Forum Member
    Tell me how it's a fact.

Because something that is true, is a fact. And I know with certainty that it's true. I'm not gonna tell you how I know, but I know. Please don't ask how I know, just go on living in cloud cookoo land if you're happy there.
  • sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    How do you know that as a fact?

Personally, I think you're wrong.

It's a ridiculous conspiracy theory that angers me about this show :(

It makes no sense. You think Gary would be involved with the show if it was fixed?

Gagging clauses that could leave them open to being sued for a huge amount if they did.

Not that I really buy the conspiracy theory either, but that isn't an argument against it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all bound by a lifetime contract of secrecy. If they were to come forward and explain it's all a fix, then they'd be sued for millions and their career would be in danger. These people are big business in the music industry and they aren't gonna risk somebody blabbing.

Maybe in 20 years once X Factor is all over, they'll come forward in a documentary and explain how its all fixed.

I can almost guarantee EVERY week, who is going home, based on the performance.
    1. Bad song choice.
    2. Dressed badly.
    3. Terrible far off camera angles.
    4. Choice comments from judges.
    5. Maybe a clip of them going to see their friends at home, where they'll be filmed in an empty pub, meeting 2 friends.

I get it right 99% of the time, because if you open your eyes, it's clear how they get people out and who is the plan A and usually plan B too.

No I completely agree with what you're saying regarding song choice, clothes and so on. But this is the producers, not the judges. The producers act with what the judges go with.
    Forum Member
    I didn't see any earpiece. If you're going to be fake, don't let people see an earpiece for goodness sake :rolleyes: Plenty of other ways to get the message to them. It's like Louis being told to vote Caroline out on last year's live shows...yes let everyone see us fixing it by doing it on screen when the camera angle is on us doing it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because something that is true, is a fact. And I know with certainty that it's true. I'm not gonna tell you how I know, but I know. Please don't ask how I know, just go on living in cloud cookoo land if you're happy there.

God I can't stand people like yourself who claim to know more than others. You're not a producer, you don't work on the show, you know no more than I do.
    Forum Member
    God I can't stand people like yourself who claim to know more than others. You're not a producer, you don't work on the show, you know no more than I do.

And I love people like you, so full of assumptions and yet criticising me for apparently making them myself? When actually mine are not assumptions and it's actually you, who is making assumptions because I'm just saying it how it is. I just cannot tell you how I know.

I'm not proclaiming to have current inside info or anything else, as I know nothing about this year. I'm just saying I know the judges don't have freedom to choose the acts they want. This is a business at the end of the day, they're not gonna risk losing somebody who could make them millions because of a judges bad choice.

Imagine if Sharon got the girls and booted Tamera? Sorry but that just isn't gonna be allowed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    And I love people like you, so full of assumptions and yet criticising me for apparently making them myself? When actually mine are not assumptions and it's actually you, who is making assumptions because I'm just saying it how it is. I just cannot tell you how I know.

I'm not proclaiming to have current inside info or anything else, as I know nothing about this year. I'm just saying I know the judges don't have freedom to choose the acts they want. This is a business at the end of the day, they're not gonna risk losing somebody who could make them millions because of a judges bad choice.

Imagine if Sharon got the girls and booted Tamera? Sorry but that just isn't gonna be allowed.

if Sharon 'booted Tamara' i for 1 would be happy after she booted the sh*t out of that poor girl on the train...