***The NEW OFFICIAL Christina Aguilera Appreciation Thread (Part 3) ***

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eaxtly MCA....Xtina should follow Madonnas suit in the sense of nti-Media song....her own Human Nature, I Dont give A... approach meets Fighter would make me shudder itd be slick!

I hope she has one on this album that retaliates against the media...and yeah stupid boyband....people wont know them in a few years anyway.

And yeah Tabo its a lazy arguement....Bad Romance was recent...and the comparisons with that video are so lazy tbh! When everyone knows it was heavily Express Yourself influenced and Xtina herself said it...so frustrating! Even down to the milk bowl pouring routine, the choreo in the rain, the steam-punk look everything....just looked more on a budget in comparison to the Madonna/David Fincher masterpeice (of course) but still looked edible with the Xtina Dirrrdeee twist.

But alas.....as for this club banger....do we think it may be in the style of the anthems of early 90s past??? like big voiced divas with anthemic lyrics/style with pulsating beats??? id actually love that as a comeback followed tightly up by a trademark ballad with a twist! :cool:

Christina is screaming out for a f**k you song for the haters/media. She's said repeatedly this project was very personal and had an inner scope so I'd assume the media would be one point of this? Of course she'll talk about love and her divorce.

I have a feeling the club banger might be in the vein of Titanium, where Christina will have calm start and really belt that universal chorus out. She's gonna play this one safe to start with to get a hit. I have faith that she can smash it. I just hope with so many artists making their comebacks across the year Christina can keep her footing and really make that red hot comeback! I think she can :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Christina is screaming out for a f**k you song for the haters/media. She's said repeatedly this project was very personal and had an inner scope so I'd assume the media would be one point of this? Of course she'll talk about love and her divorce.

I have a feeling the club banger might be in the vein of Titanium, where Christina will have calm start and really belt that universal chorus out. She's gonna play this one safe to start with to get a hit. I have faith that she can smash it. I just hope with so many artists making their comebacks across the year Christina can keep her footing and really make that red hot comeback! I think she can :cool:

YEAH she should....also her own Piece Of Me kinda song....would be fantastic.

And yes her Titanium sounding stomper would be brilliant! And a surefire hit.

And totlly with P!nk, Mariah, gaga, Beyonce (now!) they are all comin back out there etc....so will be interesting to see how Christina edges forward and pushes it all out there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YEAH she should....also her own Piece Of Me kinda song....would be fantastic.

And yes her Titanium sounding stomper would be brilliant! And a surefire hit.

And totlly with P!nk, Mariah, gaga, Beyonce (now!) they are all comin back out there etc....so will be interesting to see how Christina edges forward and pushes it all out there!

Piece of Me would be a BRILLIANT idea! That song speaks to her on so many volumes, from the media angle to the weight one. Hmm I Don't Give A/Piece of Me/Fighter medley would be outta this world and the perfect fitting glove for Christina! I think Fighter is my top Xtina song cause no matter what gets you down in life, just listening to that song can make the little arguments, the nasty things people can say/do to you so trivial that you just get up and not give a f**k and prove them wrong by coming back better, faster and so much stronger!

There's so many powerful women in music making comebacks that it's gonna be a very interesting comeback. I think P!nk, Gaga and Beyoncé are gonna be the major threats but I equally love those acts too. Whatever Christina does, the whole world and her contemporaries will be watching and this comeback of the princesses is gonna be so frickin' exciting! I'm very unsure about Mariah, she seems to still think its the 90s in her sound bless 'er. US-side especially the albums side of things could be problematic cause Mariah's a magnet hitting that US album No 1! Hmm, will be quite a scene!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piece of Me would be a BRILLIANT idea! That song speaks to her on so many volumes, from the media angle to the weight one. Hmm I Don't Give A/Piece of Me/Fighter medley would be outta this world and the perfect fitting glove for Christina! I think Fighter is my top Xtina song cause no matter what gets you down in life, just listening to that song can make the little arguments, the nasty things people can say/do to you so trivial that you just get up and not give a f**k and prove them wrong by coming back better, faster and so much stronger!

There's so many powerful women in music making comebacks that it's gonna be a very interesting comeback. I think P!nk, Gaga and Beyoncé are gonna be the major threats but I equally love those acts too. Whatever Christina does, the whole world and her contemporaries will be watching and this comeback of the princesses is gonna be so frickin' exciting! I'm very unsure about Mariah, she seems to still think its the 90s in her sound bless 'er. US-side especially the albums side of things could be problematic cause Mariah's a magnet hitting that US album No 1! Hmm, will be quite a scene!

yes a massive mash up! would be epic! and yeah Fighter is one of my favourites it is inspiring!

And yeah totally i mean Bey and P!nk are her contemporaries so it makes sense...will Xtina make herself bigger? will she fall into a slump? will she make the comeback instant or later into the era? time will tell and i am excited.

And never been much of a Mariah fan tbh...in fact to put it bluntly...im not! lol. but Stateside she does have respect so it is a gamer...and also its a Diva-Off lol!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes a massive mash up! would be epic! and yeah Fighter is one of my favourites it is inspiring!

And yeah totally i mean Bey and P!nk are her contemporaries so it makes sense...will Xtina make herself bigger? will she fall into a slump? will she make the comeback instant or later into the era? time will tell and i am excited.

And never been much of a Mariah fan tbh...in fact to put it bluntly...im not! lol. but Stateside she does have respect so it is a gamer...and also its a Diva-Off lol!

This second half of 2012 is gonna be such a spectacle! So many returning artists hoping to heat up their careers, the pressure is on on so many fronts and these ladies most definitely know it! I have faith in Aguilera, after all she is a Fighter. OMG! What if she does a What doesn't kill you makes you stronger-type track ala Kelly Clarkson? Christina would SLAAAAY that sort of thing. I love empowerment tracks and Christina is a master in this area if Linda Perry and Sia are backing her up she's got that mastered!

I agree about Mariah. But then I would never deny she isn't talented, the things she can do with that voice whoa whoa whoa! It's just about her material really, everything I've ever heard is very samey, she doesn't reinvent, its like going to your aunt's for sunday dinner and she gives you the same thing time and time again, you get bored of it. But ah well, if it ain't broke!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This second half of 2012 is gonna be such a spectacle! So many returning artists hoping to heat up their careers, the pressure is on on so many fronts and these ladies most definitely know it! I have faith in Aguilera, after all she is a Fighter. OMG! What if she does a What doesn't kill you makes you stronger-type track ala Kelly Clarkson? Christina would SLAAAAY that sort of thing. I love empowerment tracks and Christina is a master in this area if Linda Perry and Sia are backing her up she's got that mastered!

I agree about Mariah. But then I would never deny she isn't talented, the things she can do with that voice whoa whoa whoa! It's just about her material really, everything I've ever heard is very samey, she doesn't reinvent, its like going to your aunt's for sunday dinner and she gives you the same thing time and time again, you get bored of it. But ah well, if it ain't broke!

yes CMON Linda Perry they are a great team together! that is what i truly miss too and hope she is on board this album

and totally Mariah i do appreciate her voice but it aint my kinda stuff id listen too i mean to me IMO there are VOCALISTS...big singer voices...and there are all round ARTISTS! Mariah to me is mainly a vocalist and what she does with her vocie but as you say the image is always the same, the style etc...but thats why shes known...similar to Whitney god rest her, and Etta James god rest her and Aretha Franklin...these are big voices...but not artistss....mind you Whitney did blur a line when she did get creative at times but again...its that flare she had i admired. Christina now is a different kettle...so is Beyonce....they do have artistic flare, they are inspired and they bring themes with their voices and introduce new visuals with their new sounds and they have voices to make you faint!

Thats where it gets so exciting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes CMON Linda Perry they are a great team together! that is what i truly miss too and hope she is on board this album

and totally Mariah i do appreciate her voice but it aint my kinda stuff id listen too i mean to me IMO there are VOCALISTS...big singer voices...and there are all round ARTISTS! Mariah to me is mainly a vocalist and what she does with her vocie but as you say the image is always the same, the style etc...but thats why shes known...similar to Whitney god rest her, and Etta James god rest her and Aretha Franklin...these are big voices...but not artistss....mind you Whitney did blur a line when she did get creative at times but again...its that flare she had i admired. Christina now is a different kettle...so is Beyonce....they do have artistic flare, they are inspired and they bring themes with their voices and introduce new visuals with their new sounds and they have voices to make you faint!

Thats where it gets so exciting!

Gotta agree with you once more, I prefer me an all around artist to just a vocalist. I won't deny there are some stunning vocalists out there like those you mentioned, the late Whitney and Etta, Aretha all really great singers but they have nothing else to offer. I suppose this is the key reason why I've never really taken to say Leona Lewis or Mariah. Whitney did have those flashes I agree, she could lay it DOWN!

I want that extra, that dancer, that 'student' that's influenced all the time and channels some of those influences in their album. I love that Bey and Christina are honest about their influences, Bey and Tina Turner, Fela Kuti, Michael Jackson, Etta and Chrsitina about Etta James, Madonna, so unique and interesting. I love how the second these ladies sing you automatically know who it is just by their voice, amazing!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta agree with you once more, I prefer me an all around artist to just a vocalist. I won't deny there are some stunning vocalists out there like those you mentioned, the late Whitney and Etta, Aretha all really great singers but they have nothing else to offer. I suppose this is the key reason why I've never really taken to say Leona Lewis or Mariah. Whitney did have those flashes I agree, she could lay it DOWN!

I want that extra, that dancer, that 'student' that's influenced all the time and channels some of those influences in their album. I love that Bey and Christina are honest about their influences, Bey and Tina Turner, Fela Kuti, Michael Jackson, Etta and Chrsitina about Etta James, Madonna, so unique and interesting. I love how the second these ladies sing you automatically know who it is just by their voice, amazing!.

why agree once more when we know we wil lagree again ;) love it!

and totally, it is distinctive...thats why it should never be JUST the voice...but a whole package...what can they do, how can they perform...what does their voice tell us? what can we tell by this look, this feel, this vibe etc.

Thats what i got from Bey in recent times actually, glad she converted me with 4 tbh! And Christina totally has since Stripped tbh!

And agree their vocals are so distinctive and i love their influences :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a Bionic day! WooHoo is pure filth, I love it! It really could have been a hit I think and I don't get why they didn't flag it up as a single more, Nicki Minaj - Christina lead a trend there getting in on the early Nicki action!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a Bionic day! WooHoo is pure filth, I love it! It really could have been a hit I think and I don't get why they didn't flag it up as a single more, Nicki Minaj - Christina lead a trend there getting in on the early Nicki action!

Woohoo was released to radio and was going to be a single I think but the backlash was so massive against Christina at this point they rushed out You Lost Me to try and save face.

The whole era was a complete farce :mad:
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would've released Not Myself Tonight as the debut single regardless. But try and do less with the music video. Probably have Bionic, Prima Donna or Elastic Love as the singles. For a ballad single I'd have Lift Me Up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the guys from Ladytron said Christina wanted Birds Of Prey to be the lead single but RCA were more interested in putting her against Gaga due to the pop resurge in America.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops, forgot the deluxe edition tracks. Birds of Prey and Little Dreamer are better than almost everything on the normal edition. Scandalous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would add Monday Morning in too plus there are several Ladytron tracks we still haven't heard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimono Girls! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is interesting when you hear what could have been each album campaign....and in many ways it adds to the frustration.

That is EXACTLY what they did with Cyndi Lauper....they wanted her to be in female pop force competition with Madonna! So they forced Cyndi to basically try and sell out and be as nuts as possible (which was not the point) then they tried to make her a "mature recording artist" tame her down a bit on her thrid album but of course that ended up worse for her, then in the early 90s of course they forced her to make Taboo music talking of taboos...now of course not only Madonna had covered that several times but Janet Jackson also was at that time too....and then we had Alanis come out and Nirvana so again was shoved into that Indie kinda route...again unsuccessfully....so underappreciated.

Her company should loook out for Xtina! Monday Morning should have been a hit, Birds of Prey sounds very alternative and could have been MASSIVE very different and would have continued being ahead of the game tbh rather than fall short completely! its so so annoying!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    You will not believe this!! you know how there have been wispers for months that Eminem will feature on Christinas new album? well now apparently Lady Gaga has recorded with him as well.

What is it with her? I think she is too obsessed. All this trying to outdo other female popstars is so disgusting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina looks stunning there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina looks beautiful there! Real classy. I'm so interested to see what this new era will be, the themes, the concept, the imagery. Christina loves to switch it up and change her look totally with each era, so will be exciting to see what feast for the eyes she'll conjure this time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina looks beautiful there! Real classy. I'm so interested to see what this new era will be, the themes, the concept, the imagery. Christina loves to switch it up and change her look totally with each era, so will be exciting to see what feast for the eyes she'll conjure this time!

yeah i know will be really interesting seeing what look she has for it and the direction etc....maybe itll be sophisticated type style?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i know will be really interesting seeing what look she has for it and the direction etc....maybe itll be sophisticated type style?

Sophistication would be lovely and would definitely shut up the critics/media who often attack Christina for appearing 'slutty' or 'trashy' - often unfairly, I mean she won't rock a Grammy's frock for taking Max to the park or boarding a flight but whatever.

I think if the lead single of this is gonna be a club-banger, she's going to want a party-look, sexual but not too outrageous in the Bionic sense, she won't walk down the street in BDSM gear or something!!

Neutral/party girl would be my guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well if its a club banger...maybe she could have a pastel colour type look? i mean this first single will show off a mode and a direction for the album so nothing "trashy" in that kinda sense but something reallystriking and neautral.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well if its a club banger...maybe she could have a pastel colour type look? i mean this first single will show off a mode and a direction for the album so nothing "trashy" in that kinda sense but something reallystriking and neautral.

Neutral sounds cool. Christina's a natural beauty anyway so she doesn't need anything trashy/aggressive to show off, she shows off by default!

Been replaying Bionic a lot just now, one of my summery albums for sure. Elastic Love is such a tune, imagine the trippy, bizarre masterpiece video that could have been for that song!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Kellie B wrote: »
    You will not believe this!! you know how there have been wispers for months that Eminem will feature on Christinas new album? well now apparently Lady Gaga has recorded with him as well.

What is it with her? I think she is too obsessed. All this trying to outdo other female popstars is so disgusting.

Go away.