Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Jump Jet Fanny ever return ?

I think she was a one-off strip
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Iove Tinribs :-)
    The horrific violence meted out to Mr Snodworthy is complete genius !
    There was a strip once where they were making meat pies in the school kithen but they didn't have a crimper for the pastry, so he was smashed across the face with tinribs' arm, dislocating his jaw, and they used his lower teeth as the crimper !
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my farourite article was called "leave my arse alone."

It was about a man who claimed he was anal probed by aliens
    Every friday night, regular as clockwork. As it goes on, you realise he was just a heavily repressed gay guy who was going out for men and blames it on aliens.

The "aliens" even stole his wallet and watch once, but he didn't know why they would want them.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I think my farourite article was called "leave my arse alone."

It was about a man who claimed he was anal probed by aliens
    Every friday night, regular as clockwork. As it goes on, you realise he was just a heavily repressed gay guy who was going out for men and blames it on aliens.

The "aliens" even stole his wallet and watch once, but he didn't know why they would want them.....

:D I've got that one in one of my Viz annuals. I seem to recall it saying at the end: "NEXT WEEK: Turbert wakes up at 3am at the dunes at Blyth with a sore arse, wearing a pair of arseless chaps." :D

Remember the article about a 'toilet brush seller' who kept going on about his supposed sexual encounters with famous women? He only ever lasted two minutes at a time, if you get my drift... ;)

I also liked the one about this middle-aged geezer who kept having washed-up 1980s comedians move in next door to him; who were all part of some kind of witches' coven. They kept trying to kill him in some way or other but his friend 'who is in the ambulance' rescued him every time. At the end it says that the man's memoirs are available for 50p at his local mental hospital! :D:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know of it's already been mentioned, but "Harold And Fred - They Make Ladies Dead" had Fred West and Dr Harold Shipman living in the same street, trying to outdo each other in the murder stakes ! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a matter of interest, if you are a VIZ reader, how old are you and how long have you been reading VIZ ?
    I am a 50 fella and I have been reading VIZ since about 1985 :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a matter of interest, if you are a VIZ reader, how old are you and how long have you been reading VIZ ?

Viz #26 was my first, back in 1987. I bought it in a newsagents in Guiseley, just near Harry Ramsdens. I remember reading it on the bus home and nearly crying with laughter. I've got them all since that one, somewhere or other.

I'm 43, you know!
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Roger Mellies Profanisaurus is a work of genious. I luv how toilet humour and swearing inspired a book, all taken very seriously in a very serious way. Excellent!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That should read "I'm a 50 year old fella" ! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Roger Mellies Profanisaurus is a work of genious. I luv how toilet humour and swearing inspired a book, all taken very seriously in a very serious way. Excellent!

'Hush Puppies' was my entry. One of the proudest boasts of my life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

And your definition of Hush Puppies is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And your definition of Hush Puppies is...

'Breasts so impressive that all men are rendered speechless in their presence'.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D I've got that one in one of my Viz annuals. I seem to recall it saying at the end: "NEXT WEEK: Turbert wakes up at 3am at the dunes at Blyth with a sore arse, wearing a pair of arseless chaps." :D

Remember the article about a 'toilet brush seller' who kept going on about his supposed sexual encounters with famous women? He only ever lasted two minutes at a time, if you get my drift... ;)

I also liked the one about this middle-aged geezer who kept having washed-up 1980s comedians move in next door to him; who were all part of some kind of witches' coven. They kept trying to kill him in some way or other but his friend 'who is in the ambulance' rescued him every time. At the end it says that the man's memoirs are available for 50p at his local mental hospital! :D:cool:

Wasn't there another good one about some mental patients memoirs about being shagged by Thomas the Tank Engine and all his steam engine mates. :D
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    My dad once confiscated my brother's copy of Viz. I later caught him reading it and laughing in the kitchen. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Breasts so impressive that all men are rendered speechless in their presence'.

lol
    Did you win a pencil for that or was it another prize ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've just tried to get one in, in a fit of jealousy......;)
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy who does the Enid Blyton style cartoons once did one about a police inspector who had two giant mechanical crabs which sang hymns.

I don't suppose anyone's got a scan?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two of my favourite one of strips are....

Jimbo jumbo's robo jo-vo's....

Mickeys metal pimp.....
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy who does the Enid Blyton style cartoons once did one about a police inspector who had two giant mechanical crabs which sang hymns.

I don't suppose anyone's got a scan?
    I'm sure it's the same guy who came up with the vibrating bum faced goats!:D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep meaning to buy every Viz! annual that's available. I thought they were funny years ago when reading them.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have been about 14 when I started reading Viz... I'm 41 now!

Favourite strip? Drunken Bakers. I LOVE THE DRUNKEN BAKERS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    I must have been about 14 when I started reading Viz... I'm 41 now!

Favourite strip? Drunken Bakers. I LOVE THE DRUNKEN BAKERS.

Last issue, that was the best..... Bleakest ending ever:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I keep meaning to buy every Viz! annual that's available. I thought they were funny years ago when reading them.

I bought the first two annuals as they came out, but realised they were just reprints of the monthly strips :D
    The good thing about the first two though, is that they had strips that were out before I started reading VIZ !
    I loved the strap line across the top of this months' cover - "Not a single f***ing word about the Royal Baby !" :D