Options

Sea Patrol

moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
Forum Member
Really getting into this show.Cant go wrong with any Ausiie shows.Just wish there were more new shows from Oz or older sfuff .

Comments

• Options
    inverness1967inverness1967 Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea is a shame we don't get to see more. Loved City Homicide when I visited there. Its axed now but it was on for a few years so there must be a good selection of episodes to show. Would love to see Water Rats again too.
  • Options
    JBlackpool01253JBlackpool01253 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I've been hooked on that (Sea Patrol) lately myself aswell. Only started watching it from Series 3 since I found it on Universal.

I too wish we could have more Australian TV shows over here instead of the constant American drivel. Love Big Brother Australia, Winners & Losers (axed by ITV2 after just 2 of 4 series), Neighbours and Home & Away as you say you can't go wrong with Aussie TV just wish we seen more of it.
  • Options
    MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I got into Aus and NZ TV after looking around the net for eps of Neighbours. Found some great shows, would recommend:

The Almighty Johnsons (NZ) shown her on SciFi
    Outrageous Fortune (NZ) 1st season of this was on Living I think
    Packed to the Rafters (Aus)
    Spirited (Aus)
    Always Greener (Aus)
    Seachange (Aus)
    Nothing Trivial (NZ)
    Go Girls (NZ)
    Agent Anna (NZ)
    Satisfaction (Aus)
    Auckland Daze (NZ)
    Seven Periods with Mr Gormsby (NZ)
    Top of the Lake (NZ) shown here on BBC2?
    Step Dave (NZ)
    Party Tricks (Aus)
    Offspring (Aus)
    Winners & Losers (Aus) already mentioned on this thread
    Utopia (Aus) mockumentary in the same style as 2012 / W1A
    Upper Middle Bogan (Aus)
    House Husbands (Aus)

....and these are just the ones I like! These shows would be great on British TV, very surprised they don't get here in the main.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,955
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Sea Patrol and still enjoy the repeats. The one complaint would be the ending of the final episode of the last series.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    The Australians have got some great TV shows on at the moment. I really enjoyed Wentworth and though the second series was absolutely superb.

Out of the list already mentioned, Offspring is absolutely amazing - it's the kind of show that can have you roaring with laughter in one scene and bawling your eyes out the next. Upper Middle Bogan is also a great show and I used to love Winners and Losers, but the show seemed to have jumped the shark in the last few series and become more soapy and implausible.

If you like period dramas, A Place to Call Home is terrific (and has been given a reprieve after being prematurely axed earlier this year) and Love Child (60s set midwifery drama) is also good. Anzac Girls, a mini-series about six nurses serving in World War 1, was particularly moving too.

I also like their traditional murder mysteries The Doctor Blake mysteries and the fabulous Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you like period dramas, A Place to Call Home is terrific (and has been given a reprieve after being prematurely axed earlier this year).

Thats a weird one. It got decent ratings on Seven, they axe it the enter a deal with Foxtel to produce a new series for them using same cast and crew. Must make them more money in doing so.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing wrong with Universal showing Sea Patrol is the edited versions to fit daytime slots. I'm surprised no terrestrial network has ever picked it up as it's the sort of show that would probably fit nicely in Channel 5's schedule around 8 or 9pm on a Saturday night maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Place to Call Home..... BBC2 weekdays 3.00pm.