Will & Kate's baby name?

Comments

• conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's unconfirmed reports on the twitter that she's given birth to a baby girl, don't hurt me if it's a rubbish rumour.

Unless its blazoned across Sky News as BREAKING NEWS... believe nothing !! LOL. Thats the yardstick by which I measure whats really happening or not
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is naming your child after your deceased mother ..who you adored ..creepy?
    When I had my last child if it was a boy I was going to name him after my deceased dad ...

I agree... maybe the idea of having another Princess Diana around again is something that would mean a lot to William.

Also.. I was rather surprised at the time when the big blue sapphire made a re- apperance at the time of the engagement. I thought it would be too soon and that it would be held over for a child of their own to use as an engagment ring in the future. So... if the ring can be given a new lease of life so soon... then there is nothing to say the name won't be either !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what does everyone think will be top on the list for the Royals baby name? I think definitley traditional.

What do you make on the possible names on this link? http://t.today.com/moms/royal-baby-name-game-what-should-will-kate-call-their-1C7394052
    If the pleb wishes to be totally honest, she could call the sprog U.N.Known or even Turkey Baster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I think they should give the baby a common name like Chantelle if its a girl or Riley if its a boy :D
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's unconfirmed reports on the twitter that she's given birth to a baby girl, don't hurt me if it's a rubbish rumour.

On the way home last night at around 7pm, I saw a chinook helicopter going round and round between, what looked to be, Battersea and Chelsea - I did wonder if that was anything to do with a royal labour (though quite frankly I have no idea what one of those would be flying about for!)
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she has dropped, then it'll be no EE tonight :D
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    I agree... maybe the idea of having another Princess Diana around again is something that would mean a lot to William.

Also.. I was rather surprised at the time when the big blue sapphire made a re- apperance at the time of the engagement. I thought it would be too soon and that it would be held over for a child of their own to use as an engagment ring in the future. So... if the ring can be given a new lease of life so soon... then there is nothing to say the name won't be either !!
    I think it would be nice for William and Harry if they use Diana as a middle name . It will mean that their mother is included in some small way seeing as she's not around to see the child . I lost my Mum when my youngest was 12 weeks old, I was able to get a new birth certificate so I changed my daughter's middle name to my Mum's name.
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Unless its blazoned across Sky News as BREAKING NEWS... believe nothing !! LOL. Thats the yardstick by which I measure whats really happening or not

Thanks, probably the best way to gauge what's real or not.
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'll 99.9% be a name of another family member, Elizabeth etc
    I'd quite like him/her to have a name for themselves( well apart from the millions of others with same name lol) Purely because it must be alot to live up being named after someone.
    Thats why my Mum gave me my Grandma's name in my middle ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say its a given that Elizabeth is a definite in there somewhere as a node to Her Maj, and it is after all Kate's middle name as well. It even could make it to the first name....but more likely a second name. They will be thinking of a name not only traditional but befitting a future monarch... so your Victoria's, Alexandra's are up there as high likely names. My favourite I have to say is Alice.... very popular, very fitting.. a nod to Prince Philip's mum...and Princess Alice sounds lovely.

I love how no one is thinking for two seconds about it being a boy LOLOL. George... thats that sorted !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be traditional name, but something a bit more common sounding rather than regal, like their names..

I suspect it might be something like Charlotte or Alice.. maybe with Diana is a middle name...???

Either way there will be a lot of expectation what ever they choose....
    I decided on my daughters name long before I was married.. and although my mother in law doesn't really like it... it was my choice and it suits her perfectly!
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parasite junior would be most appropriate
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anymore bets?
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby boy.

James
    Arthur
    Francis
    Alfred
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    George
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cone?
    Ell?
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter much given he can change his name when he becomes king - Charles is not expected to be King Charles given their history and his grandfather and great uncle both changed their names.. But George and Philip are likely.
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I think if its a boy I'd love Arthur, Alfred or James.:)

I'd add Richard to that list :)
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wayne:D:D:D

kidding!!!

henry, william, george, charles, i think will feature somewhere..:)
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh, who the hell cares?
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Louis will be in it somewhere
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Valerian wrote: »
    I'd add Richard to that list :)

King Dick :eek:

I have placed £10 on them calling it Francis :)

ETA They met at St Andrews ......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    HRH Prince Vlad the Impaler of Cambridge.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    AIDAN - anagram of DIANA - might be worth an outside punt at 101/1 :D
  • 10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy Joe.