The Big Holby City Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm a bit late and everyone's said it already, but I agree that the acting from Edward McLiam and the girl who played Lucy was absolutely enthralling, real quality stuff. I too am gutted that Greg has now left! :(

I think I'm going against the crowd though when I say I don't take to Serena, but I admit that's probably because of her being billed as 'the new Connie' - there can only ever be one Connie, and I resent the thought of anyone else trying to fill her shoes!!
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    WOW! Just seen catch up - that was one of the best ever for me. I didn't want Greg to go in the end. Hanssen just gets better and that GS Consultant was really good at what she had to do in the meeting with Malick. That deceased man's wife was annoying. She was the one bullying and using emotional blackmail to Malick not the other way round. Malick advised her, going on Hanssen's word not to operate and she talked him into it.
  • Chris65757Chris65757 Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOW! Just seen catch up - that was one of the best ever for me.

I agree. I saw an episode the other week that was full of soapy cliches - people being unrealistically stupid to advance the plot, that sort of thing - and I started wondering why I was watching it. Maybe it was a different writer but this week's episode was really convincing, and full of nice little touches in the drama.

I don't watch any other soaps, and only really got into this because I liked gawping at Jac Naylor's cheekbones.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris65757 wrote: »
    I agree. I saw an episode the other week that was full of soapy cliches - people being unrealistically stupid to advance the plot, that sort of thing - and I started wondering why I was watching it. Maybe it was a different writer but this week's episode was really convincing, and full of nice little touches in the drama.

I don't watch any other soaps, and only really got into this because I liked gawping at Jac Naylor's cheekbones.

:D:D:D
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed that episode, the Greg stuff was great, glad he got a decent exit line. Also glad to see Elliot in the thick of things, long may it continue.

Am liking the new Consultant, she will stir things up on Keller. Malik is on to her now, how will she interact with Ric? Will be fun to watch!!

I seem to be in the minority in that I love Jasmine, and her interractions with Michael. They are very alike!

I'm also in the minority in liking Ella, the 4th year student. She is in at least 1 more episode. I like her in AAU.

I'm so happy with the way Holby is going at the moment, lets hope the standard keeps at this level. Its becoming unmissable again - great to see.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am loving Holby tonight , the new consultant is stirring it up a bit , Am loving Jac as well :)
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,363
    Forum Member
    The new consultant is really getting on my nerves. I hope she doesn't stay or if she does I hope she calms down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Go Hanssen!
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jac :eek:

New consultant :eek:

very good episode tonight

loved Jac's face when Hanson told her to say sorry :D

loved the meyer . connie name check by ric at the beginning when he was talking to malick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Great episode!
    Jac was on form tonight :)
    The new consultant is interesting!
    Loved the Eddi/Luc scenes, cant believe she said no to a drink!
    Best episode for a long time
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DAMN IT! I forgot about holby:eek: I blame BGT!:D
  • thombo1thombo1 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Whoa, the new consultant is evil! :eek: At least Hanssen, when he first joined, seemed to have a more caring side to his sinister nature. Not so keen on her at the minute, she seems a bit panto villain but I'm sure she'll improve. Awesome to see Ric have a storyline again, Hugh Quarshie's a great actor.

Eddi and Luc stuff pretty much routine and predictable, solid enough though.

Jac went way overboard and I can't help but think her being harsh is only to suit the storyline but a bit out of character for her. Still, really cool to see her and Elliott having bigger roles these days. Old school characters are the best. :cool:
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty decent episode tonight, although a bit contrived in places. Loved the name-check of the past consultants at the start :D

Really glad Ric, Elliot and Jac had stuff to do. I can see many future clashes between Ric and Serena. It looks as if Malick's loyalty is starting to weaken too :(

I love Jac, but I think she went way OTT in her tirade at Tara. I don't actually like Tara at all but she didn't deserve that. I really felt Jac's annoyance at having to give the apology - even more so when Elliot made her do it publicly :D As an aside, there is no way that patient would've been allowed to just blast that film and totally ignore what was being said to him

Eddi and Luc annoyed me too much tonight :mad: She still just pulls those stupid, bemused faces at everything! She doesn't seem to be able to finish a sentence without them :mad: I'm tired of Luc's mystery man thing too. All this disappearing to the basement stuff in the middle of supposedly treating patients is ridiculous.
    Plus the whole story with Eddi flirting with that brother to make Luc jealous - they're not kids! :yawn:

Line of the night for me was Elliot simply saying "OBE" to Jac's gibe about him not having a trophy :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ha ha I knew as soon as Jac started yelling at F1 that Hansen would materialize behind her
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could like Serena.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The episode was good but not as good as last week. Serena Campbell is a good addition to the show. It is good that she likes to do things her way even though i don't agree with her tactics. She makes a good sparring partner for Ric. It seems that she wants to have The Malick on her side. She is quite funny but a bit scary. The way she speaks reminds me of a Evil Queen in one of those Disney films. I like that she is going to shake things up.

Jac was very very very mean to Tara although Tara was a bit stupid not telling about the Patient's consent. Elliot was a nice support for Tara. It is good that Hanssen sent Jac on a people skills course even though it wouldn't help her. I love Jac and Hanssen scenes, they work well together.

Awww at Eddie and Luc. They are quite awkward. Just get on with it and go on a date.

I feel that we are seeing the beginning of a new era on Holby after the Sahira and Greg
    nonsense.

I am not looking forward to next week because its Frieda's last episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just when you can't dislike Eddi (and her stupid faces) more, she messes around with sweet John Paul McQueen with no intention of going to the pub with him

The new consultant has that eerie Delores Umbridge from Harry Potter smile...

Jac trying to apologise was hilarious even though her rant seemed unecessarily cruel even for her. I love Tara Lo :D
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jsut watching in scotland, on in the background, awesome to see Navid from Still game on it tonight. :D
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So.. let's get this right... we're LOSING Frieda, and we now have this uber-cow called Serena?

What EXACTLY do the Holby writers do all day? Think of ways of pi$$ing us off?

Congrats, we have yet ANOTHER self-superior, rude, conniving bitch onboard.

Cheers
    Forum Member
    Chris65757 wrote: »

:D:D yes they are quite something
    Forum Member
    once again, a corker of an episode. I'm loving Selena and Ric's interaction. I thought Selena was brilliant last week and tonight, yep great addition for me. Eddi's new irritation is this constant moving her head slowly like a robot whenever Luke's walked off - yes dear exterminate yourself - please. She is quite pretty but can't see how two gorgeous blokes would go for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Anyone else think theres a serious lack of originalty for yet another new doctor joining.

Doctor joins, someone hates them, argues with them, etc

Seriously, come up with a better entrance for a new doctor because its getting kinda yawny....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the Eddie and Luc stuff...but i hated the way last nights episode kept spinning around a trio of stories...i think Holby needs to focus more on just one or 2 stories...of course they always do the doctors/nurses and patients intertwined stories very well....were something that is happening to a patient mirrors that of the staff..i find lately though it all seems a bit disjointed..
    I am glad that Chrissie "gods gift to men" Williams is not in it as often...and i think Eddis is a refreshing change...stop Eddie bashing peeps :)
    Luc of course is gorge!!:o...anyhoo...just thought i'd pop in...heres hoping for more Eddie/Luc love:D:D....and of course ditch that F1...she just doesn't fit the Holby mould...
    Oh and Chantelle and Malick....they are caricatures already..imo...go Eddie and Luc...er..yes i am a fan..lol..:rolleyes:...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In contrast to the majority of posts here, I didn't enjoy last night's episode.

Yeah, I agree the new consultant Selena is beginning to grate.

No, I don't think Tara's character should hang around.

No, we don't need to turn Eddie and Luc into the new Greghira. I can't join their names, thankfully. Why can't they just become a source of strength and stability to each other and make them like super good at their jobs? Then after a bit, they can have something rock them - not this, it's like they are both 14.

Jac's withering blast on Tara and Hanssen catching it was supremely funny. Go sit on the naughty step you space-alien. :p But seriously, touched on before.....bye Tara.

Yep Elliot, yep Ric, yep Malick and don't ever mess with Chantelle.

I will be sad to see the back of Frieda. Funny, because I didn't like the character when she was introduced.

Just thought overall it was another 'Holby by Numbers' episode.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hardylane wrote: »
    So.. let's get this right... we're LOSING Frieda, and we now have this uber-cow called Serena?

What EXACTLY do the Holby writers do all day? Think of ways of pi$$ing us off?

Congrats, we have yet ANOTHER self-superior, rude, conniving bitch onboard.

Cheers

I know, it's ridiculous. And Frieda hasn't even been in it for ages and it's her last episode next week:mad:

Don't really like the new consultant, and don't like how they're trying to tell us she's like Connie, when she clearly isn't:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.