Puppeteer - PS3 14/09/13

wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
Forum Member
✭✭
From Japan Studio and a new hands-on demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGOt68DTNc&feature=share&list=UUVS9tA3PI8Gard_LrTx0YsQ.

Game looks pretty great and the lighting looks amazing, really wish it had a Vita release. Sony seems to be pricing this quite cheap, you can preorder on Amazon for £22.49.

Comments

• Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Japan Studio and a new hands-on demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGOt68DTNc&feature=share&list=UUVS9tA3PI8Gard_LrTx0YsQ.

Game looks pretty great and the lighting looks amazing, really wish it had a Vita release. Sony seems to be pricing this quite cheap, you can preorder on Amazon for £22.49.

I've been keeping an eye on this for a while, I love the art style it's just beautiful isn't it? And yeah the lighting looks fantastic too. Is there a release date for it? The ps3 is having a good year.

Is Sony Japan a big studio? are they the ones making Knack and include Team ICO?
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye on this for a while, I love the art style it's just beautiful isn't it? And yeah the lighting looks fantastic too. Is there a release date for it? The ps3 is having a good year.

Is Sony Japan a big studio? are they the ones making Knack and include Team ICO?

The overall game looks beautiful. I think the concept is great by having it 'inside' the theatre and the story moving along whilst your playing. Yeah the release dates in the title: September 14th.

Japan Studio is a large development house, however in recent years their out-put has been mediocre. The Studio includes Team ICO (ICO/Shadow of the Colossus) and Project Siren have focused on Vita games with Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice. They also co-developed Demon Soul's. The team has had a rapid expansion in the last few years with RAIN, Puppeteer, Freedom Wars and Knack - hopefully The Last Guardian!

Hopefully Japan Studio will show more first party games at TGS :)
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first started watching that video I thought the visuals were like looking at the gameplay through a fishtank - sort of all shiny and reflective, thought it looked kinda cool. Then I realised its the shine and reflection off the tv they're playing on :o lol
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a good interview with one of the developers on the Access Playstation channel on you tube. It does sound interesting - and the scissors look like they will be fun. I keep thinking this is a vita game for some reason.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    I keep thinking this is a vita game for some reason.

You getting confused with Tearaway?
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The overall game looks beautiful. I think the concept is great by having it 'inside' the theatre and the story moving along whilst your playing. Yeah the release dates in the title: September 14th.

Japan Studio is a large development house, however in recent years their out-put has been mediocre. The Studio includes Team ICO (ICO/Shadow of the Colossus) and Project Siren have focused on Vita games with Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice. They also co-developed Demon Soul's. The team has had a rapid expansion in the last few years with RAIN, Puppeteer, Freedom Wars and Knack - hopefully The Last Guardian!

Thanks, that makes more sense, I kept seeing games developed by Studio Japan, and started to wonder if there was more than one, or that I was reading it wrong. It must be massive, at least some departments actually put out games, (I'm looking at you team ICO)
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow...anyone tried the demo?
    Strange imagination but weirdly good fun. Love how it throws large gfx around as it goes from one set to another.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They've made Demon Souls and Gravity Rush and you say the output's been mediocre?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me how to find the demo please? I'm a subscriber, but can't find it on the store.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Wow...anyone tried the demo?
    Strange imagination but weirdly good fun. Love how it throws large gfx around as it goes from one set to another.

Just had a quick go. The 3DTV in this is very good, adds a lovely "solidity" to everything,

I couldn't get my head around how to play one player using the Move controller, perhaps that is just for a co-op experience??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've made Demon Souls and Gravity Rush and you say the output's been mediocre?

Demon Soul's wasn't their game they merely helped with development, like Sony Santa Monica helping with Flower/Journey, Unfinished Swan ( other PSN titles) and even aiding Ready at Dawn with The Order: 1886 on PS4.

The only games they've created in-house have been LocoRolo titles, Ape Escape and Patapon, not exactly great. Project Siren developed Gravity Rush under Japan Studio. Puppeteer comes solely under Japan Studio along with Knack.

I was hoping this would get a release on Vita at Gamescom, love the Rayman games on the system. Will probably pick up anyway.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't get my head around how to play one player using the Move controller, perhaps that is just for a co-op experience??

I played with ds3. Best played with sound cranked up as the stage changes thump into place.
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me how to find the demo please? I'm a subscriber, but can't find it on the store.

Found it. Man, I hate the new store layout.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found it. Man, I hate the new store layout.:o

Use the online store, much easier.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/
    Forum Member
    Use the online store, much easier.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/

Thank you! I have no idea why I was so clueless, but I did not know there was an online store.
    This will be most useful. :)