Miley Cyrus Performs "Wrecking Ball" & "We Can't Stop" On Saturday Night Live

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
Forum Member
Miley Cyrus did an excellent job last night on Saturday Night Live. She was funny, witty, and didn't take herself too serious. She also delivered great performances of her hit singles "Wrecking Ball" and an acoustic version of "We Can't Stop", definitely more toned down and vocally enhanced performances than her MTV VMA performance.
Video: Miley Cyrus Performs "Wrecking Ball" + "We Can't Stop" (Acoustic) On SNL

Comments

• LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like it when singers rely on backing tracks to hit notes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I thought she performed brilliantly. It just goes to show, she doesn't have to come on stage with her tits out and shake her arse in peoples faces/groin. Girl can sing. My opinion. I don't even like her that much either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »

But I think she sounded really good and left the gimmicks out this time and showed she actually has talent.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good performances. She's good when she just gets up there and sings, without all the silly attention seeking antics. She looks pretty too. She reminds me of a young Jane Fonda. I think it's the eyes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Good performances. She's good when she just gets up there and sings, without all the silly attention seeking antics. She looks pretty too. She reminds me of a young Jane Fonda. I think it's the eyes.

Agree!
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only heard the We can't stop performance and thought she did a good job. If she keeps doing performances like this, then in a way all her other behaviour will perhaps not seem so important. She's got the goods - perhaps she just felt like she needed to do all the outrageous stuff to get people's attention before showing what she can do. Whilst I think Miley's behaved quite badly regarding the whole Sinead O'Connor debacle, I think overall with the image change etc she knows what she's doing and this campaign has gone perfectly for her so far!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »

did you watch the vids at link...she did acoustic vesrion of we cant stop

she looked and sounded stunning , added to favs on youtube ...
    i hated the single version too, but that acoustic version is just so awesome
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZRiver wrote: »
    Miley Cyrus did an excellent job last night on Saturday Night Live. She was funny, witty, and didn't take herself too serious.

There's nothing about her to take seriously.