Doctor Who vs Alien

DrWhoBesiegedDrWhoBesieged Posts: 48
Forum Member
Hello everyone. I would like to introduce you to my fan film production "Doctor Who : Besieged" it is a not for profit fan production that crosses with the Alien Saga.

It was a professionally made 2 part film.

Part 1 is currently available on youtube and Part 2 will be out in the very near future.

It co-stars Hamish Wilson (Jamie Mk2 from The Mind Robber).

Please discuss.
Besieged Part 1

Comments

• DrWhoBesiegedDrWhoBesieged Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone, thought I'd start a discussion if I can. Have read various comments and reviews on my fan film project, but not actually had a good old in depth discussion about it, so thought I'd post it and see who wants to debate and discuss it with myself and other members of the group, thanks :)
    Forum Member
    If you haven't seen Doctor Who - Besieged yet, here's some reasons why you should :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZKDPEDQeo" rel="nofollow">Besieged Confidential - Sneak Peak
    Forum Member
    This review/discussion of Part 1 was released online last night by Random Crap Podcast.

Contains spoilers!

Random Crap Podcast Review of Doctor Who : Besieged Part 1
    Forum Member
    Here is out first of two short prequels (featuring cut down scenes from our film Doctor Who : Dimensions featuring Fraser Hines, Wendy Padbury, John Levine and Nicholas Briggs)

Doctor Who : Besieged Prequel 1
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    Was really hoping to start discussion on this fan film project we all worked very hard on :(
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    Was really hoping to start discussion on this fan film project we all worked very hard on :(
    I'm sorry, I cannot explain why everyone on here seems to be completely ignoring this. I kept waiting for someone to at least make some comment, but no-one did.
    I must confess I haven't watched it in its entirety, but it looks to be very professionally shot and edited. The lighting, sets, props and costumes are way above average for this sort of production, with an apparently substantial number of cast members too. It can't have been cheap!
    :)
    Forum Member
    thanks Dave, hopefully it doesn't disappoint when you manage to see the rest of it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I found it very enjoyable and thought it very professionally made, much better than you would expect from a fan-made production. I also greatly enjoyed the prequel and the Besieged Confidential and it was very interesting to hear the actors discussing how they had felt their characters would be.

I look forward very much to seeing the conclusion of the story and would like to thank you for providing this wonderful piece of entertainment.
    Forum Member
    Here is our brand new trailer for Part 2, just released tonight :)
    Doctor Who : Besieged Part 2 TRAILER
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,762
    Forum Member
    Met you guys a couple of times at conventions, always a pleasure. Seen the Besieged part that you had already done earlier. As Dave-H said, thought it looked very professional and well shot.

I've already sent the link out to a few people before, spreading the word an' all that.

You should be very proud of your efforts. Only niggle is to tone down the accents a little, can be a bit difficult to understand. Although maybe thats just me, I've always had difficulty with strong Scots accents - thats why I could never sit through a whole episode of Taggart!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Sorry dude, I could've sworn that I posted something on here (I know I did on your youtube channel!).

I'm a massive Aliens and Doctor Who fan, so I checked out the thread, and was surprised to find a fan movie had been made on the subject. I clicked the link to the movie, thinking that this was probably going to be BAD...

How wrong was I? Watched the funny preview trailers and then the main feature... Awesome! Acting is infinitely better than usual 'Fanfilm' fare, special effects were amazing, easily comparable to the Beeb's Who, and I even had a 'nerdgasm' on seeing the Weyland-Yutani logo in a Doctor Who story! The Aliens and Facehuggers look incredible.

I am eagerly awaiting part 2... Job WELL done!
    Forum Member
    cheers guys... hope you like Part 2... and do come say hello at the next convention we're at :)
    Forum Member
    Since today seems to be Prequel day, thought I'd share our 2 little Prequel... Enjoy

Doctor Who : Besieged - Prequel 1
    Forum Member
    Please check out our 2nd Prequel... Hope you enjoy :)
    Besieged - Prequel 2
    Forum Member
    Anyone think Cold War had a reminiscent atmosphere to Besieged?! ;)
    Forum Member
    Less than 4 weeks until Besieged Part 2 is released :)

TRAILER
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must say, was surprised by this and was quite gripped by the end...better than AVP! (Not hard I know)
    Forum Member
    thanks ;)
    Forum Member
    Our final trailer for Part 2...

Please SHARE and ENJOY...

Doctor Who : Besieged Part 2 ( Prometheus style trailer )
    Forum Member
    Yes it may have taken a while, but Besieged Part 2 is just 1 week away from being released online. So in preparation for the conclusion to our epic saga, take a chance to re-watch Part 1 and be ready for all the twists, turns and excitement that awaits in Part 2.

Besieged Part 1
    Forum Member
    Here's a sneak peak at Besieged Part 2 ahead of Saturday's launch... Please share it around :)
    Besieged Part 2 - Clip
    Forum Member
    The epic conclusion to our Dr Who/Alien crossover fan film has arrived.

Please give it a watch and pass it on...

DOCTOR WHO : BESIEGED PART 2
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Besieged is rather good - well done. The production reminds me of another fan made Doctor Who Story called Fire and Ice. They were supposed to make twelve episodes, but I believe there was arguments between the two main "stars" in it, so it went a bit pear shaped.

As I said though, Besieged is very good - you can see a lot of hard work went into making it. :)
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    like this 'beseiged' -- dr who's always been a great candidate to be blended with another well known franchise but BBC are highly unlikely to go that way -- great to see the gap getting filled