Shopto finance options for PS4

crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
Forum Member
I was looking at this option and deciding to pay it up for the 12 months but do any of you think the console will get any closer nearer the release date or even at Christmas? Realistically what are the prices of games going to be? Is there a chance that rather than buying the console from Shopto and shopping around for cheap games that maybe some shops will do their own cheap bundles?

I love the idea of paying up over a year and then paying it off. I wish more companies did that kind of thing.

Comments

• Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Difficult to say, there's no real incentive for shops to do bundles if the console is selling well. What you may get is shops giving half price games when bought with a console, but they will probably be games that aren't shifting to well, and they want to reduce stock.

You may start to see Bundles, next year after the PS4 has been around for say 6 months and they start including the release games as part of the bundle, or you may see special game bundles like the we see now on the current gen, when they have a new game to push.

I know Amazon FR did a bundle, but it hasn't come to the UK and there's technically no reason why it couldn't. I assume pre-orders were slightly down in France and it needed a push.
  • crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I'm just not keen on forking out a lot of money for it at launch but wouldn't have minded paying it up over a year because then I could get a game, trade it in if i didn't like it and I'm sure some shops will have specials at Christmas. I always seem to get excited when a new console launches and then it fizzles out lol. I'm not someone that sits and plays games for long periods and to be honest when my PS3 kicked the bucket i just got a blu ray player and haven't looked back. I do wish i could play GTA 5 just now but i'm not that bothered really.

Also I remember reading something about PS4 games being the same prices as current PS3 games. I'm not paying £50+ for a game. I also remember being slightly let down with the online gaming with the PS3 because hardly anyone used a mic and those that did were hard to hear. You didn't really feel as though you were part of a team on any game and I think that's another thing I'm thinking about, I always wanted to enjoy online gaming more but I never felt as if I was getting the full experience or it just wasn't what I expected or had been told it was like. Plus it says if you order now you're not even guaranteed to get it on launch day. I think I'll wait till nearer the time and see how I feel.