Humax HDR 1000S lost all recordings.

fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have followed with interest the reports of various faults on this PVR and was very smug in the belief that I had a fault free box.:D

However tonight when I tried to watch a recording I got the message " You don't have any recordings at the moment".:(

I checked the settings under Storage and got the message
"Undefined".:o

I tried rebooting the box to no avail. I then tried to do a factory reset but now the installation wizard will not go past verifying my post code:mad:

Any advice will be most welcome anybody? :cry:

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I had exactly the same and had to get the box replaced with a new one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    fixerman wrote: »
    I have followed with interest the reports of various faults on this PVR and was very smug in the belief that I had a fault free box.:D

However tonight when I tried to watch a recording I got the message " You don't have any recordings at the moment".:(

I tried rebooting the box to no avail. I then tried to do a factory reset but now the installation wizard will not go past verifying my post code:mad:

weird as mine did that this mornin, but they re-appeared a few minutes later
  • fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I had exactly the same and had to get the box replaced with a new one.

Did you get it replaced by Humax?:confused:
    Forum Member
    Did you get it replaced by Humax?:confused:

No, I got it from Richer Sounds so gave them a ring and they sent out a swap the following day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    No, I got it from Richer Sounds so gave them a ring and they sent out a swap the following day.

Unfortunately I got mine from Currys. Just imagine trying to explain the problem to the average Currys staff member.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately I got mine from Currys. Just imagine trying to explain the problem to the average Currys staff member.:eek:

would love to b a fly on the wall when ya do that :D:D:D lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have eventually managed to get it to reboot but it will not record and all recordings are lost. I got a message that the hard drive needed to be formatted but the format option does not work and all I get is " Undefined".:mad:
    Forum Member

Just tell them you've spoken to Humax and they've said it needs replacing, but it needs to be done by the retailer where purchased.
    Probably wont be that straight forward with Currys though.
    Good luck :)
  • macker6464macker6464 Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I had a similar thing today but mine seems slightly different in that it just said it needed to be formatted so that is how I lost my recordings.

Like you I lived in hope that I had a good one but hey ho!

I think I will start a new specific thread.

Cheers