just noticed that they've got a new album coming out in March.:D

Not overwhelmed by Barriers yet though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daQb_AKo7rs

but I do quite like For The Strangers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNrwMI4d_WA

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    guess the DS review was right - who cares about a new Suede album these days? :p

Anyway, new album is streaming on The Guardian's website for anyone who may be interested.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/mar/11/album-stream-suede-bloodsports

Gotta say, I rather like it, a mix of Coming Up and their debut.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I care! But I just can't be bothered to listen to it yet. I guess I'm not convinced I'll like it. I did see them on their tour a year or two ago playing Dog Man Star and that was brilliant though.
  • TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this on pre-order for a while and am quite looking forward to it. I've go no interest in listening to a stream of the album through crappy laptop speakers.
    If its like the Bowie album it'll turn up on Friday, and Friday night will involve a cd on repeat and a few glasses of wine.
    Rock n' Roll or what?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I cracked and listened to it. I need to listen a few more times, but first impression... I wasn't really feeling it for the first four songs, but from For The Strangers onwards, I actually really loved it.

Gonna listen again now! Certainly better than that crap on Head Music and A New Morning in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    Hit Me is classic-Suede-by-numbers but I absolutely adore it.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theshane wrote: »
    I've had this on pre-order for a while and am quite looking forward to it. I've go no interest in listening to a stream of the album through crappy laptop speakers.
    If its like the Bowie album it'll turn up on Friday, and Friday night will involve a cd on repeat and a few glasses of wine.
    Rock n' Roll or what?

:D:D:D
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rawr wrote: »
    Certainly better than that crap on Head Music and A New Morning in my opinion.
    I liked Head music much more than Dog Man Star, which I couldn't get into at all. Electricity is one of their best tracks as far as I'm concerned. Savoire Faire, Can't Get Enough, Everything Will Flow, She's In Fashion - all great tracks, but there were one or two duds, just the same as on every other album.
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    I liked Head music much more than Dog Man Star, which I couldn't get into at all. Electricity is one of their best tracks as far as I'm concerned. Savoire Faire, Can't Get Enough, Everything Will Flow, She's In Fashion - all great tracks, but there were one or two duds, just the same as on every other album.

Dog Man Star is 'officially' their best album but it's one of my least favourites tbh, I found it too bloated and overblown and sacrilegious as it is to say, much prefer the no-nonsense immediacy of Coming Up. And as you pointed out, Head Music had some fantastic tracks on it - Everything Will Flow happens to be one of my all time favourite Suede tracks.
    Best Suede album without a doubt though is Sci-fi Lullabies...IMO.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've listened to the Bloodsports stream loads of times now. What Are You Not Telling Me and Sometimes I Feel I'll Float Away are not just two of my favourite songs on the album but two of my favourite Suede songs of all time, definitely up there with She's Not Dead, Pantomime Horse, Sleeping Pills and Daddy's Speeding. :cool:

I love Snowblind, Barriers and Hit Me.

Load of people seem to love For The Strangers and Faultlines but they're the two songs which aren't interesting me so much but that's the good thing about music, we all have different tastes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been listening to the stream on and off for the past couple of days. Yeah, it's nothing new, but I think it's a genuinely good album. There isn't a song on there I don't at least like now, and there's a few really great ones too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just played this through twice in the car, really like it. favourite songs would probably be snowblind and sometimes i feel i'll float away. Suede are a great band! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I listen to this album the more I love it. :)

Tracks which didn't grab me the first couple of times I now love. My favourites are still Float Away and What Are You Not Telling Me, I've been playing these to death. I'll be sick of the album by Monday. :D

Hit Me is shaping up to be my third favourite track, Suede are definitely back on form! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and Snowblind. Love that song. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I listen to this album the more I love it. :)

Tracks which didn't grab me the first couple of times I now love. My favourites are still Float Away and What Are You Not Telling Me, I've been playing these to death. I'll be sick of the album by Monday. :D

This is me. I can't stop listening to it, I honestly didn't expect to love it so much. Or at all. :D

I can't even pick a favourite song. There's nothing on there that I'd consider filler. Although I think Always, followed by Faultlines is the bit I've replayed the most so far.

I'm gonna try and get to one of the gigs coming up now as well, cos I actually want to hear this stuff live.
  • llihpllihp Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I didn't expect much after A New Morning, but this is a great album.
  • TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My copy turned up this morning.
    Its no Dogman Star or Suede, but its better than Coming Up.
    the first half dozen songs are really strong and then it kind of putters out a little.
    Good solid album though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone find Bloodsports in the shops today? I've been to Tesco and Asda and neither have it so as I have tomorrow off work I'll have to drive 25 miles to my local HMV.

How are they supposed to sell any copies if the big supermarkets aren't stocking it? I refuse to download tracks, I love Suede and want the physical copy not a file on a laptop.
    Forum Member
    Did anyone find Bloodsports in the shops today? I've been to Tesco and Asda and neither have it so as I have tomorrow off work I'll have to drive 25 miles to my local HMV.

How are they supposed to sell any copies if the big supermarkets aren't stocking it? I refuse to download tracks, I love Suede and want the physical copy not a file on a laptop.

wasn't sure when it came out but I've been looking for it for the past week and not seen any on the shelves. The only new release I've seen is Hurts Exile. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was out today. :)
  • ShhhSilenceShhhSilence Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    I completely love Bloodsports. Have had the Guardian stream on heavy rotation until I could buy it today. It just beats Coming Up for my favourite Oakes-era Suede album. I read a review somewhere that said it manages to sound classic and vital at the same time, which pretty much hits the nail on the head. Can't wait for the Ally Pally gig!
  • Chairman___MeowChairman___Meow Posts: 414
    Forum Member

You better get with the times grandad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance! I'm not paying money for MP3 files.
  • mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member

Pinched from the Suede mailout I received this morning:
    "If you bought it thank you, if you've yet to, you know what to do... You will be able to find it on HMV (what's left of it, anyway) and in ASDA as well as all those great indie stores up and down the country."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It definitely wasn't in my local Asda yesterday. I bought it for £9.99 in HMV today, I very nearly didn't see it as I went straight up to the chart section expecting it to be there but it was in a little rack near the door with a few other new releases.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got this today. Really liking it.