Am i the only one who thinks Jersey Shore is better than Geordie Shore

tim18tim18 Posts: 737
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey all, i was watching the jersey shore boxset and even though i also love watching geordie shore (not so much of the valleys), i feel that jersey shore is much stronger,

Character wise jersey shore has much better and diverse characters on which each person is unique, interesting and different from the others, catchy nicknames- pauly d, snooki, the situation jwoww (well this one not so much). In terms on entertainment, something new always happens, in terms of fights etc. jwoww, snooki, deana, sammi, pauly d, vinny, the situation, ronnie are also a lot more famous in america compared to the geordie shore characters- vicky, charlotte, sophie, holly, gary, james, ricci, scott, dan are in the uk (zlist).

Even though the last 2 seasons of jersey shore weren't as good as the others, i do feel that cancun was geordies peak too, i didnt find series 4 that interesting, i also think scott and dan are crap additions- to similar in terms of personality to the other boys.

What do u all think? Jersey shore or geordieshore?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Jersey shore is the original and best - and i am glad its finished when it has because its gone out on a high, i think they should come back in few years time to do another one but not keep pushing them out all the time ... as for geordie shore its just cheap nasty and full of slags and men with STDS ! they're also fake
    whereas jersey shore you can tell they were more real
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uh, hopefully you are the only one who bothers to care?
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a saying about "telling" "shit from Shinola". It's a legitimate concern. But telling shit from shit? That is not worth bothering about, is it? Really?
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think both shows are absolute worthless shite, designed to be watched by unemployed, tattooed chavs.

I'm being constructive, seriously, don't encourage the TV companies by watching this rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Hey all, i was watching the jersey shore boxset and even though i also love watching geordie shore (not so much of the valleys), i feel that jersey shore is much stronger,

Character wise jersey shore has much better and diverse characters on which each person is unique, interesting and different from the others, catchy nicknames- pauly d, snooki, the situation jwoww (well this one not so much). In terms on entertainment, something new always happens, in terms of fights etc. jwoww, snooki, deana, sammi, pauly d, vinny, the situation, ronnie are also a lot more famous in america compared to the geordie shore characters- vicky, charlotte, sophie, holly, gary, james, ricci, scott, dan are in the uk (zlist).

Even though the last 2 seasons of jersey shore weren't as good as the others, i do feel that cancun was geordies peak too, i didnt find series 4 that interesting, i also think scott and dan are crap additions- to similar in terms of personality to the other boys.

What do u all think? Jersey shore or geordieshore?

Agree with bit in bold - I didnt like the italian jersey shore and it kind of tailed off a bit from then on. Geordie Shore was pants at first, but picked up from the Cancun series.

Jersey Shore seemed to have more of a storyline and wasnt all about the booze, partying and banging. Do like both of them though.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZeePhilPop wrote: »
    Jersey shore is the original and best - and i am glad its finished when it has because its gone out on a high, i think they should come back in few years time to do another one but not keep pushing them out all the time ... as for geordie shore its just cheap nasty and full of slags and men with STDS ! they're also fake
    whereas jersey shore you can tell they were more real

100% agree. Still watch both though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with bit in bold - I didnt like the italian jersey shore and it kind of tailed off a bit from then on. Geordie Shore was pants at first, but picked up from the Cancun series.

Jersey Shore seemed to have more of a storyline and wasnt all about the booze, partying and banging. Do like both of them though.

Yh jersey shore does have proper storylines, wheras geordie shore doesnt really (charlotte and gaz?) i thought the italian jersey shore was great. Not on par from the first 3 but still good. Series 5 wasnt good and 6 was even worse, but they are still decent. At least they didnt run it to the ground.

Anyone agree that the valleys is terrible, they act so much.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both shit.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the biggest pile of dogshit tv I can imagine........... This along with anything katie price, peter andre, some wannabee celeb going to las vegas or wherever they go........

If I could go back to just 10 channels of programmes with quality shows on each - I would be happy.......

200+ channels some days and still **** all worth watching
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tallest midget?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yh jersey shore does have proper storylines, wheras geordie shore doesnt really (charlotte and gaz?) i thought the italian jersey shore was great. Not on par from the first 3 but still good. Series 5 wasnt good and 6 was even worse, but they are still decent. At least they didnt run it to the ground.

Anyone agree that the valleys is terrible, they act so much.

I actually thought The Valleys was okay :o pure trash at its best!

I'll go hide in a corner now....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the same way that gonorrhoea is better than syphilis
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually thought The Valleys was okay :o pure trash at its best!

I'll go hide in a corner now....

Its ok, I'm with you :) I didn't like it in the way that I thought it was anything new, different, informative or anything like that, exactly like Geordie/Jersey Shore isn't. But living in the Valleys myself I was interested to see how the area and the people were going to be portrayed (I know, I should've known!) and how people from other parts of the UK would react to it, and if it proved or dispelled any pre-conceptions they held about the Valleys or Wales in general.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Jersey Shore to the others which are just trash. Maybe it's because it's a different way of life in the US which makes it more interesting than the British way of going out binge drinking and pulling all the time. I like Vinny and Pauly D's bromance too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    being a geordie, geordie shore makes me embarrased.
    but then it does have holly hagan.....so points back there.

either way, its hardly an honour to be better than the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new serious of geordie shore european thing is quite boring. Same thing over and over
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like Sandy Shore :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats sandy shore?
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In this one of those "Which would be better: being shot or being hung"-type questions?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats sandy shore?

Sandy Shaw is an American health writer (according to Wiki :o) but Sandie Shaw was a 60s popstar. I'm only assuming that's who/what they were referring to though.
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to clear things up: she was married to Burt Reynolds and sold OJ and was notorious for embracing and/or despising homosexuals.
  • ColdCrankColdCrank Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    I loved the first three series of Jersey Shore - once they started getting into steady relationships, it tailed off for me.
    The Sam & Ron drama always made me shake my head and wonder how the others didn't just kick them out.
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    In this one of those "Which would be better: being shot or being hung"-type questions?

I'll second that.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jersey Shore is better, because the characters were somewhat aspirational, but it was still a shitshow.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,600
    Forum Member
    ZeePhilPop wrote: »
    Jersey shore is the original and best - and i am glad its finished when it has because its gone out on a high, i think they should come back in few years time to do another one but not keep pushing them out all the time .

YUp. I would certainly agree with that much. Jersey Shore was definitely the best one.