Justified - season 4 (US Pace)

2»

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    "First thing we're gonna do, we're gonna acknowledge that this guy's awesome. I mean, he shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flying it, parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country, and then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement not once but two times. He spends a couple of days driving around with you (gestures toward Raylan) while you're looking for him, and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age. That's some bad ass shit."

Wasn't overly keen on this weeks episode. Didn't feel like there was enough Raylan.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    "First thing we're gonna do, we're gonna acknowledge that this guy's awesome. I mean, he shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flying it, parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country, and then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement not once but two times. He spends a couple of days driving around with you (gestures toward Raylan) while you're looking for him, and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age. That's some bad ass shit."

Wasn't overly keen on this weeks episode. Didn't feel like there was enough Raylan.

Best Art speech ever.:cool:
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    This week's episode was the best one this season. Dialogue to die for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    This week's episode was the best one this season. Dialogue to die for.

"You ain't gonna shower, you ain't gonna change, you ain't gonna die.":cool:

Why can't we make stuff this good in the UK?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    "You ain't gonna shower, you ain't gonna change, you ain't gonna die.":cool:

Why can't we make stuff this good in the UK?

A sentence like that would sound pretty awful coming out of a British mouth.:D But it goes both ways. Over time I have heard many statements, and expressions, spoken by characters in British shows that have a formal rhetorical quality that is almost literary, and I have thought, "That sounds beautiful, and you just wouldn't hear something like this in an American show, and out of the mouth of an American." Now in the American South there is an interesting mixture of ornateness and earthiness in speech that I love, but for the most part the American (and Canadian) philosophy of communication is one of directness and plainness. Me, I like the embellishments that British people refuse to shy away from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    A sentence like that would sound pretty awful coming out of a British mouth.:D But it goes both ways. Over time I have heard many statements, and expressions, spoken by characters in British shows that have a formal rhetorical quality that is almost literary, and I have thought, "That sounds beautiful, and you just wouldn't hear something like this in an American show, and out of the mouth of an American." Now in the American South there is an interesting mixture of ornateness and earthiness in speech that I love, but for the most part the American (and Canadian) philosophy of communication is one of directness and plainness. Me, I like the embellishments that British people refuse to shy away from.

I can imagine Danny Dyer or Ray Winstone saying it, minus the US accent.:)

The lengthy, elaborate, almost Shakespearean dialogue was what made Deadwood so fascinating.
    Justified is sometimes similar, particularly in Boyd's scenes.
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode this week. Really felt that first punch when Boyd was hit :eek: Glad to see Colt finally doing something useful. Wonder if it was Boyd's orders to kill the other guy? I've not been a great fan of his, but I'm glad his presence has given Tim a bigger role - he's always great to watch.

The plot with Cousin Johnny is rather boring. Feel like it's been going on forever without anything happening.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode apart from one thing: Having a character called "YOLO". Terrible.
    Forum Member
    Yeh, that was pretty crap.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the timing and "geography" of the episode rather confusing - Raylen seemed to be able to move freely around from site to site without encountering the "baddies" on his travels - but enjoyable ep, nonetheless.

K
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    I found the timing and "geography" of the episode rather confusing - Raylen seemed to be able to move freely around from site to site without encountering the "baddies" on his travels - but enjoyable ep, nonetheless.

K

I think it's because the "bad guys" didn't know where he was until Boyd offered his suggestion.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i'venot really been enjoying this season. last episode was good.

but it's become implausible that the marshal's office is essentially devoted to this one area, completely outside the remit of the marshals

i kind of liked it when there were individual cases each week and he shot people.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uh oh, Winona could be in trouble.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammy - So if you saw a crime committed against him, you wouldn't - as a lawman - feel the obligation to intervene?

Raylan - I'm suspended.

<BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG>

:D

- I loved the scene at Winona's place. Great shootout.

- Uh oh! Ava's in the shit :(

- Awesome dialogue between Boyd and Raylan, as always.
    Forum Member
    Great episode to end an uneven season with. No way Ava should get out of this one, but I don't doubt she will. I love the fact that Raylan is the reason why Boyd wasn't there to get caught :D
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really shouldn't have messed with Boyd, come next season he'll be plotting his revenge. Great finale, can't wait for season 5.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    They really shouldn't have messed with Boyd, come next season he'll be plotting his revenge. Great finale, can't wait for season 5.

No kidding.. when Boyd is through with him, Bernard will be regretting ever leaving the island.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Great episode to end an uneven season with. No way Ava should get out of this one, but I don't doubt she will. I love the fact that Raylan is the reason why Boyd wasn't there to get caught :D

Still not 100% why Ava set up with the body on her own. Seemed a little bit "lazy" in writing terms to set her up for the fall.