Browsers crash

radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It does not matter which browser I use, but I keep getting crashes. Like in every few mins.
Firefox even did it as I was posting this question
Firefox, IE, Maxthon, Google Chrome, Safari Opera & other browsers act the same
Firefox even crashes in safe mode.
Please help.
What can it be.
Flash player also crashes
I have done virus & Malware scans & nothing found

Comments

• John259John259 Posts: 28,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there an error message, and if so what does it say?
  • curiousclivecuriousclive Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a hard ware driver problem for it to happen on all browsers. Check device manager to see if any errors flagged. Especially Ethernet / network drivers
  • max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    Need more info.

Define 'crash'. What exactly happens?

Do other programs crash or do you only ever use a browser?

What version of Windows? Provide any other relevant info, for example: if you've been getting other problems or just had the machine repaired or formatted etc,etc.

Also, take a look in Event Viewer (run eventvwr) for errors in the System and Application logs.

If the 'crashing' isn't limited to just browsing, it's likely to be a hardware issue - RAM is the obvious one to start with.
  • mikemoldmikemold Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    There is a major world wide attack on internet services at the moment and is slowing down all services to a virtual crawl, this is probably what your problem is.
    my advice is to be patient and sit tight until things improve.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    mikemold wrote: »
    There is a major world wide attack on internet services at the moment and is slowing down all services to a virtual crawl, this is probably what your problem is.
    my advice is to be patient and sit tight until things improve.

There is?

And why would that make a browser crash?
  • mikemoldmikemold Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    There is?

And why would that make a browser crash?

lack of data coming in fast enough, they time out
    my own browsers are behaving very erratically, some websites load better in one browser but not at all in others
    I keep switching from one browser to another to try to get the best of the slow speeds.
    But then again I might be wrong, my computer might be screwed up also,
    I surrender to those with greater knowledge on these matters than I, my apologies if my words have caused offence
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Not noticed any problems today with the sites I have been looking at and even if there is no data coming in it should not make a browser crash.

Your problem sounds more like a problem with your own broadband speed. Have you tried restarting the router?
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way at the moment for Firefox to work for me is to disable Shockwave Flash in add ons & start FF with all add ons disabled