SONGLIST-Week 8 revealed Jukebox

Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Their second track will be down to you, So you only chose 1 out of 3 songs.That’s right, we want YOU to choose what the contestants will sing!To pick a track, download The X Factor app now, go to the Fifth Judge section and click the ‘Choose Song’ button. It’s all free to use and you have until 10pm on Monday 25 November to register your choice. So, here’s the list…

Luke Friend

Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon & Garfunkel

“My Mum has been with me through everything and this song would be a tribute to her.”

Skinny Love, Bon Iver

“I used to do this as a duet with his friend who has now moved to Australia. I miss him lots.”

One Day Like This, Elbow

“I sang this at my sister’s wedding and it means so much to me and my family.”

Nicholas McDonald

The Prayer, Celine Dion and Josh Groban

“This is my mum’s favourite song – I’ve always wanted to sing for her.”

Amazed, Lonestar

“It's a classic song and I love singing it.”

Just The Way You Are, Bruno Mars

“It's a song I really enjoy singing.”

Rough Copy

End Of The Road, Boyz II Men

“This is a song we grew up listening to in our childhood and to think that we could sing this to millions of people would mean so much to us.”

I Believe I Can Fly, R Kelly

“This song says if you believe in yourself and work hard you can achieve anything, we have been working together for 5 years trying to make it - now we are so close and we believe we can win.”

If You Ever, East 17 featuring Gabrielle

“This song means a lot to us because it brings back that old school vibe which is what we love.”

Sam Bailey

The Living Years, Mike & The Mechanics

“This song is for my Dad. I wish I could have told him how much I loved him before he passed away.”

Clown, Emeli Sande
“No matter how sad times are, I always smile for my kids. Always have to stay positive for them.”

Without You, Mariah Carey

“I can't do this without my husband. Without him, all of this would not have been possible.”

Tamera Foster

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, Roberta Flack

“I sang this song in the first ever competition I entered and won it.”

This Woman’s Work, Maxwell Version

“When I sing this song I instantly think of my Mum and how much she means to me.”

Emotion, The Bee Gees

“I recently went through a break up so I connect with this song on an intimate level.”

The vote will close on Monday 25 November at 10pm.

Comments

• Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is they have picked pretty crap songs for themselves although that elbow song for luke could be great
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of Tamera's choices will be interesting.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Tamera to sing The First Time I ever saw your face
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of Tamera's choices will be interesting.
    I hope see doesn't get this woman work too sad and slow
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    If Luke is "chosen" i.e. "producer fixed" to sing this, he'll make the top 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1z7CqqWBtY
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is they have picked pretty crap songs for themselves although that elbow song for luke could be great

He does it really well, but most of the X Factor viewers won't have a clue what it is, unfortunately.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Tamera always sings slow songs so boring
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Tamera to sing The First Time I ever saw your face
    Please vote for emotions too anything but this woman's work
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This woman's work and first time ever I saw your face are brilliant ones to show off tameras range so either d those would be good. I would guess that FTEISYF would get more votes from the younger generation who would maybe be more familiar with that one.

Even though 'without you' is no very creative that would probably be the song choice to get the most votes for Sam bailey.

End of the road would be good. They would have to do something different as well to make it sound less like a tribute band but it would show off their harmonies.

Skinny love for Luke definitely.

Nicholas no comment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does it really well, but most of the X Factor viewers won't have a clue what it is, unfortunately.

yes they will one of the biggest songs of 2008 always hear it in adverts and when they sang it at Glastonbury everyone was on about it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda want to hear Luke sing Bridge Over Troubled Water.
  • dawnage01dawnage01 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Luke Friend should sing "One Day Like This" or "Skinny Love." :)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    hunni2nice wrote: »
    Tamera always sings slow songs so boring

Well it's a good thing that there are two songs this week. One of them's definitely up-tempo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dawnage01 wrote: »
    Luke Friend should sing "One Day Like This" or "Skinny Love." :)
    I agree but he can sing both as they have to sing 2 songs this week
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please vote for emotions too anything but this woman's work

bib: No one should attempt a Kate Bush classic.
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outstandingly dull choices for Nicholas and Rough Copy. If they picked those then they have extremely mediocre taste in music.

I voted for "First time..." for Tamera but I regret it now, I think Emotion would be better and she wouldn't have to deal with the Matt Cardle stigma on the song. Having said that, First Time is a great song that should fit her register. She can really belt out the high parts and bring the show to a halt so may as well go for a big risk at this stage.

I know i give Sam a lot of crap about the typical song choices and as a result I feel a bit hypocritical picking Without You for her but she will slay it as usual I'm sure. And I like that song.

I picked One Day Like This for Luke because I think that could be a major moment for him. I can picture the white spotlights, key change and supporting choir already.

Gahhhhh I'm dying to know what Hannah's choices were now :(
  • commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke needs One Day Like This! Skinny Love is too soft and Bridge Over Troubled Water is a bit... meh
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for:

Tamera - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (she said she won her first competition with that, so she should just about be able to remember her words)
    Sam Bailey - Without You
    Rough Copy - End Of The Road
    Nicholas - Just The Way You Are
    Luke - Bridge Over Troubled Water
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HughOS wrote: »
    Outstandingly dull choices for Nicholas and Rough Copy. If they picked those then they have extremely mediocre taste in music.

I voted for "First time..." for Tamera but I regret it now, I think Emotion would be better and she wouldn't have to deal with the Matt Cardle stigma on the song. Having said that, First Time is a great song that should fit her register. She can really belt out the high parts and bring the show to a halt so may as well go for a big risk at this stage.

I know i give Sam a lot of crap about the typical song choices and as a result I feel a bit hypocritical picking Without You for her but she will slay it as usual I'm sure. And I like that song.

I picked One Day Like This for Luke because I think that could be a major moment for him. I can picture the white spotlights, key change and supporting choir already.

Gahhhhh I'm dying to know what Hannah's choices were now :(

Hannah Barrett
    Dance With My Father, Luther Vandross
    Broken Strings, James Morrison
    Ain’t No Sunshine, Bill Withers

There you go
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Nicholas - The Prayer
    Rough Copy - End of the Road
    Tamera- This Women's work
    Luke - Bridge over troubled water
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comment wrote: »
    Luke needs One Day Like This! Skinny Love is too soft and Bridge Over Troubled Water is a bit... meh

Yep but judging by his fans twitter reaction it will be skinny love and bridge over troubled waters
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,211
    Forum Member
    JB92 wrote: »
    I voted for:

Tamera - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (she said she won her first competition with that, so she should just about be able to remember her words)
    Sam Bailey - Without You
    Rough Copy - End Of The Road
    Nicholas - Just The Way You Are
    Luke - Bridge Over Troubled Water

I think I am going to vote the same as you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    Nicholas - The Prayer
    Rough Copy - End of the Road
    Tamera- This Women's work
    Luke - Bridge over troubled water

No worst songs for them
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go for One Day Like this for Luke and The Living Years for Sam Bailey, two songs not sang on xfactor before as far as I know
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,211
    Forum Member
    Yep but judging by his fans twitter reaction it will be skinny love and bridge over troubled waters

They are singing two songs, but you only vote for one of the above songs, the other song they will sing is what they think will get them into the semi-final, I think that's what Dermot said anyway.