Characters you hate

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
Forum Member
I'm making this thread because I feel like I need to vent about Don Draper from Mad Men. :mad:

I've gone from finding him intriguing, appealing and even handsome, to thinking he is the absolute worst character that has ever been created. He's a selfish, misogynistic, sociotpath who is a bad father, bad husband, bad brother. Just everything about the guy makes me want to rip my hand off and throw it full speed at his head.

I find parts of Mad Men in general quite frustrating too as they never really seem to go that deep with any of the characters. Don in particular though is grating on me so much that I'm thinking of giving up on it completely, despite nearly being at the end of season 6.

What characters in US shows do you love to hate? :)

Comments

• LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to hate Dexter's wife Rita, so wet, whiny and needy. I realise she was a plot device to complicate Dexter's life, but I grew to really detest her and cheered like a nutter when
    Trinity did her in.

I have now come to despise a character even more though. Cersei Lannister has no redeeming qualities whatsoever and is evil incarnate. What's even more frustrating is how she just gets away with everything. All around her terrible things happen to the nicest and most honorable people, yet she manages to coast along untouched on her tide of bile and hatred.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Lojen wrote: »
    I used to hate Dexter's wife Rita, so wet, whiny and needy. I realise she was a plot device to complicate Dexter's life, but I grew to really detest her and cheered like a nutter when
    Trinity did her in.

I have now come to despise a character even more though. Cersei Lannister has no redeeming qualities whatsoever and is evil incarnate. What's even more frustrating is how she just gets away with everything. All around her terrible things happen to the nicest and most honorable people, yet she manages to coast along untouched on her tide of bile and hatred.

I can see why people would hate Cersei because that is she way she is written. She's an unsympathetic character. Whereas, I think the writers of Mad Men want the viewer to be on Don's side. I see the credits each time and hope that he actually does throw himself off the building for real. :D
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Kurt Hummel - glee. hate his face when he's singing. and his hypocrisy.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lojen wrote: »
    Trinity did her in.

Cersai Lannister, now there is a character that is irredeemable in all formats, never seen GOT on TV, but my gawd, she is one nasty little (insert your own insult here! it can even be highly offensive, as long as you keep it to yourself), in the books, the sort of person you want out of it ASAP.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cherie, Martin Crane's one time girlfriend.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joffrey.... I would personally like to crawl into my tv and punch him in the face.
    Forum Member
    Joffrey.... I would personally like to crawl into my tv and punch him in the face.

Agreed. I could watch this clip of Tyrion slapping the lad over and over and over....:D

http://youtu.be/qYNeT2nzEgA
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Agreed. I could watch this clip of Tyrion slapping the lad over and over and over....:D

http://youtu.be/qYNeT2nzEgA

Yes!:D Love that first one, he makes this pathetic little whine:D

I'm enjoying this too much:o
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the new addition to Hawaii five o, ex navy moron with no basic police training joining an elite unit and we lose the Hawaii hottie Grace for an average white trash actress with no lamentable skills and is dead fugly to boot.

Another three PIA's are the odious Sarah Sidel, the equally irritating DB and the waste of human skin Julie Findlay, I actually like Jorja Fox but despise the character but for the other two I loathe Danson with a passion and Lizzy Shue is friggin awful as an actress.

So much is the hate I stopped watching both shows and wake up everyday hoping they get cancelled.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friends - Monica
    Family Guy - Chris
    Big Bang Theory - Leonard
    The Simpsons - Lisa
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    Friends - Monica
    Family Guy - Chris
    Big Bang Theory - Leonard
    The Simpsons - Lisa

Tricky one for me but I quite liked Monica's insane cleaning habits but I loathed Rachel. All she ever did was moan about Ross or some other boyfriend she was dating, then obsess about clothes.

Family guy - Can't stand any of it to be honest. :D

Big Bang theory - Leonard is definitely the worst character.

The Simpsons - I always hated Krusty the clown.
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Homeland - Dana
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Bang theory - Penny

Family guy - Chris ( was hoping he would be killed off)

Buffy - Kennedy ( bit random but just rewatched and forgot how much I despised her replacing Tara so quick)

Once upon a time - Henry? The little annoying kid

Walking dead - Carl little anoying kid
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Chris and Meg!

Lisa is another annoyance!
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie Bradshaw. Whiny, obsessive, vapid, shallow, self involved drama queen - and don't even get me started on her dress sense!
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the new addition to Hawaii five o, ex navy moron with no basic police training joining an elite unit and we lose the Hawaii hottie Grace for an average white trash actress with no lamentable skills and is dead fugly to boot.

Steve hasn't had any police training either and he's the head of the unit, plus she's hot as hell son.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meredith on Grey's Anatomy - so annoying!!
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and not forgetting Dawn from Buffy - basically see my reason for Carrie Bradshaw above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    Kurt Hummel - glee. hate his face when he's singing. and his hypocrisy.

Agree with you. Never really been a fan of his. The faces he pulled when the glee members decided to do something he wasn't keen on. I could have slapped. He needs to loosen up a bit and let his hair down.
    Louise_ wrote: »
    Meredith on Grey's Anatomy - so annoying!!

Always whinging about something. :rolleyes:

I didn't like George either.
  • Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carl from The Walking Dead! Hate that kid
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HIMYM - Robin
    CSI - Sara
    NCIS - EJ
    Revenge - Charlotte
    Buffy - Dawn and Kennedy
    Two and a Half Men - Alan (seriously, they need to get some new material as the Alan is a loser thing is way overdone)
    Bones - Angela (well, I don't hate her but she is the least likable)
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One of the best characters ever created.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Marie Schrader from Breaking Bad.

Scatty brain know-nothing who stuck her nose into everyone's business from episode one to the end. :mad:

With amount of people in the show meeting very nasty ends, I was just waiting for hers to come, but it never did.
    Forum Member
    decobelle wrote: »
    Carrie Bradshaw. Whiny, obsessive, vapid, shallow, self involved drama queen - and don't even get me started on her dress sense!

Completely agree. Cannot stand her or why anyone would think she is a fashion icon. Her character seemed to do very little work and have an endless pot of cash for designer clothes. I don't think I ever saw her in the same outfit twice. Plus her apartment would cost a fortune, yet she only really had a small column throughout the show, until the writers got wind of everyone's complains then they suddenly invent a book for her to write and she's rich beyond all imagination. :yawn:

The whole show is just vapid thinking about it. :D
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look I have to tell everyone, I detest, it is more than hate, the very appearance on screen of this character makes my blood boil, and want to commit murder to anyone with curly black hair and wispy beard and to anyone who refers to acquaintances by their initial.

I am of corse referring to Pi, Alexis' boyfriend in Castle.

Fortunately it would seem the writers are restricting 'it' to irritating one liners, still want the guy to be Beckett's next case