DSI problems with error codes and invalid certificate???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hello please could someone help me please, ive tried googling these problems but no help!
1. im trying to connect to facebook and i get then message invalid certificate and out of memory ( even though i have a Sd card in the DSI)
2. im trying to upload a picture from the dsi to facebook and i get an error code 369014 ( nintendo site says theres no code such as this)

please someone help me and my 8 year old son, i have no idea about these things and dont know what else to do about it. also if you have an answer for me please put it in simple terms as i know nothing!!!!!!!!
please please help!!!:o

Comments

• BinaryDadBinaryDad Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leanne5058 wrote: »
    hello please could someone help me please, ive tried googling these problems but no help!
    1. im trying to connect to facebook and i get then message invalid certificate and out of memory ( even though i have a Sd card in the DSI)

By memory, it means its running out of space in RAM when trying to load the FB page. Not surprising, since the DSI only has 16MB of RAM and it probably can't fit everything into memory.

Memory is not the SD card. The SD card is "storage media". So puting in a bigger SD card won't help.
    leanne5058 wrote: »
    2. im trying to upload a picture from the dsi to facebook and i get an error code 369014 ( nintendo site says theres no code such as this)

please someone help me and my 8 year old son, i have no idea about these things and dont know what else to do about it. also if you have an answer for me please put it in simple terms as i know nothing!!!!!!!!
    please please help!!!:o

Normaly, applications on the DSI cannot access data on the SD Card. I'm pretty sure that the internet browser has this limitation as well.

You can upload the picture from a PC though, as the camera applet stores all of the pictures it takes in DCIM/100Nin02

I can't offer any help beyond that, I'm afraid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Firstly perform a DSi system update to make sure you're on the latest version. The certificate and memory errors might be because you're using an older version. There's a guide here on how to do this here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/settingsSystemUpdate.jsp

I found this thread when searching for the error 369014 code:
    I Contacted Nintendo via their chat service and was told to do the following. I have had no problems since:

Sign in to your Facebook through your computer first to ensure it works. While online on your computer, go to the login screen of Facebook on your DSi/XL and check the box that says "keep me logged on" or "keep me signed in". then sign in through your DSi/XL, exit the browser and return to the menu, then go back to the photo channel and try again. It should work after that.

Make sure parental controls on the DSi are disabled. I think if you have parental controls enabled it can block the DSi from uploading photos to Facebook. There's more information on Parental Controls here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/settingsParentalControls.jsp