Supanet Users Only (problems)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
Forum Member
I am on 1Mb Supanet connection. I have been having total loss of speed.

I know Supanet are upgrading.

Saturday, Sunday and today i can't surf or anything the BB speed test i have done say my connection is 30- 50kb (slower than dial up) when i know it should be 920kb at least.

:( Please all Supanet users, Supanet have told me many other users are having the same short term problems i want to know if this is TRUE. :(

Comments

• JRHJRH Posts: 6,588
    Forum Member
    I believe it probably is true.

You should see the service get back to normal soon enough - Supanet are very good. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    On no account join Supanet. I and two of my friends at work joined Supanet a couple of months ago for the 1mb broadband. The service is diabolical. I have download speeds of as low as 70 bytes (not kb..but bytes).

Its not slow .. its unusable!

I am a network administrator for our local LEA but the Supanet support team (hmmm!!) still were very patronising and tried to imply that it was my fault. after much explaing what I actually do for a living, they admitted the fault was within the supanet network, NOT BT NOT MY COMPUTER!! and that loads of customers are in the same position. I was told to try again within 48 hours and it should be o.k (the technical team were working on upgrades) this happened four times but still nothing.

I have now had no service for 19 days. I have phoned on umpteen occasions asking for a refund of 1 months payment, only to be told I must do this in writing (which I have!!). The latest news I was palmed off with is that a major upgrade was "on order and should arrive soon"....WHAT!!!

What really bugs me is the fact they are still advertising the 1mb offer knowing full well that that they have major bandwidth issues and anyone joining will be in the same position.

Another thing that narks me is the Supanet website service status light is on green which means all systems are OK no problems......LIARS!

If I knew they were run by TIME/TINY (knowing their shady past)
    I would never have joined. :

DO NOT JOIN SUPANET! ITS CRAP! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    choca wrote:
    On no account join Supanet. I and two of my friends at work joined Supanet a couple of months ago for the 1mb broadband. The service is diabolical. I have download speeds of as low as 70 bytes (not kb..but bytes).

Its not slow .. its unusable!

I am a network administrator for our local LEA but the Supanet support team (hmmm!!) still were very patronising and tried to imply that it was my fault. after much explaing what I actually do for a living, they admitted the fault was within the supanet network, NOT BT NOT MY COMPUTER!! and that loads of customers are in the same position. I was told to try again within 48 hours and it should be o.k (the technical team were working on upgrades) this happened four times but still nothing.

I have now had no service for 19 days. I have phoned on umpteen occasions asking for a refund of 1 months payment, only to be told I must do this in writing (which I have!!). The latest news I was palmed off with is that a major upgrade was "on order and should arrive soon"....WHAT!!!

What really bugs me is the fact they are still advertising the 1mb offer knowing full well that that they have major bandwidth issues and anyone joining will be in the same position.

Another thing that narks me is the Supanet website service status light is on green which means all systems are OK no problems......LIARS!

If I knew they were run by TIME/TINY (knowing their shady past)
    I would never have joined. :

DO NOT JOIN SUPANET! ITS CRAP! :mad:

This is your individual experience.

I am on supanet 1mb.

As i write this i am downloading the DigitalHome free issue (shown on this site above, http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;11793...c/freeissue.htm) at 115kbs thats about right.

I was having problems over christmas when Supanet status said so, then on 27th ish it went green (no problems). then my connection went back to normal.

I have used a broadband speed test app loads of times now. It uses blueyonder servers. it show me on 920kb connection which is about right

YOU POSTED THIS EXACT POST ON ANOTHER FORUM, YOUR NOT A HAPPY BUNNY. I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS OK. I HAVEN'T HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM

Network Administrator MAYBE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    What a stupid comment "I dont believe you"..how much of a girl (or child) are you to come out with a comment like that.

Why the hell would I comment on a service if it was any good?

Supanet billing phoned me just this morning admitting they are having major issues with supply to recent 1mb customers, informing me that another major upgrade is to take place at the end of the month.
    (admitting that this upgrade may still not be enough)

Supanet also told me they are to be offering certain customers cancellation of contract (including me) with no penalties due to the service failure.

Maybe you have a decent connection! (it certainly doesnt mean anyone who hasnt is a liar)

Read other forums and see how many people still have no service with Supanet.

I'd love to see you call me a Liar if you saw me mate!!

Just keep your idiot comments to yourself.
    Forum Member
    Hi Choca.

I've just reported 'bluesnow' to the moderators, who should act accordingly.
    choca wrote:
    No great surprise here.

All I can suggest is that you keep on complaining to Supanet about your problems.

Personally, I wouldn't trust my connection to them at the moment, there have been many reports of bandwidth problems similar to yours. :(

Good luck, and welcome to DS, where most members aren't like bluesnow - in fact, I'd hope he never becomes a full 'member'.
  • Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,159
    Forum Member
    Supanet appear to be having problems, although this could be down to too many users, and not enough capacity, see the forums at http://www.adslguide for more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the fact that all Tiny customers are practically forced to use Supanet.

Having just had the dubious pleasure of trying to sort out one of my customers PCs (a Tiny with forced Supanet connectivity) I would not recommend either the supanet service, or Tiny to anyone again.

The customer wished to change from dial-up to ADSL - and removing the Supanet dialup advert that pops up immediately on PC start wasn't immediatley obvious.

The internal dialup modem is stuck on Supanet's number, and while it can be changed by downloading a utility from them it is an extreme liberty to suppose that one would want to sign up and access their service in the first instance, which must be done even if it is simply to download this utility!!!!
    Forum Member
    RobAnt wrote:
    The customer wished to change from dial-up to ADSL - and removing the Supanet dialup advert that pops up immediately on PC start wasn't immediatley obvious.

The internal dialup modem is stuck on Supanet's number, and while it can be changed by downloading a utility from them it is an extreme liberty to suppose that one would want to sign up and access their service in the first instance, which must be done even if it is simply to download this utility!!!!
    Yes, it's a joke. My neighbour's Time PC (not bought on my recommendation) still has a 'register Time now' popup and a Supanet popup on Startup.

I've gone through the registry, everything, can't get round it - the Time Registration program won't connect to their 0845 number etc. Very annoying.
  • rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm my brother has had the same problem ,lets hope they fix it soon...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Supanet was activated 5 january ,Iwent for the belkin router which i tried to send back supanet customer service said no refunds ,when i checked supanets policy it said i was able to return within 7 days ,explained this to customer service still no joy.....Okay lets get back to supanet since i had to keep the the router ???????I installed it !!!!!!!!WRITEING TO SUPANETS MANAGEING DIRECTOR ZIA MOHSAN which no one wanted to give me his name......1mb connection webpages loading 100% downloads bytes instead of kilobytes 56k modem faster ...called belking thinking it was something wrong with there router told me to reset i did and the reset button fell off ...................what do i do now?Called supanet agin they told me must have virus thats how im experience slow connection fdisked computer formated installed own alcatel modem same problem ...then i searched on net and came across digital spy forum,,,,,,,where other people were suffering same problems called back supanet customer services quoted what was here they then told me that supanet was having problems with 1 meg but if i wanted to downgrade 512 was working perfectly ......why couldnt they have told me that in the first place lying .........monkeys
    So no if i call billing department i can cancell supanet without any penaltys but do they have to take the belkin router back now as this was sold as part of the package...can some one help please heres email address i can be contacted on apcc20@dsl.pipex.com or contact my supanet one if it works?would be better useing 2 tins and bit oh string.
    Forum Member
    :):) Maybe customers who are having problems should email this forum to Supanet. I started this forum for just that reason, just in case my connection didn't get better. It seems ok now, I had a down period yesterday (saturday). Did anyone else suffer :):)
    Forum Member
    Maybe you have a decent connection! (it certainly doesnt mean anyone who hasnt is a liar)

I just make comments because i believe i have a bit of experience with broadband. i have been on blueyonder 512k, 1mb and wanadoo 512k and 1mb Supanet. O and my brother and father are on 2mb Blueyonder (which i use to download bulk)

Supanet is ok compared. Plus they don't port block which is great for me. Where theres alot of isp's which do.

This a forum is for comments and disscusions.

Sorry everyones experience of things is different.

And as for "I'd love to see you call me a Liar if you saw me mate!!" i'm sure this is not allowed on this forum. NICE PERSON THEN
  • Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,159
    Forum Member
    ive heard that suapnet are now throttling people who download too much, ie downlaods of 500mb or more.
    see Here for more info
    Forum Member
    bluesnow wrote:
    :):) Maybe customers who are having problems should email this forum to Supanet. I started this forum for just that reason, just in case my connection didn't get better. It seems ok now, I had a down period yesterday (saturday). Did anyone else suffer :):)
    After calling supanet today telling them i was going to cancell my 1 meg it came back on and is now fleeing are these guys playing a game????????
    Forum Member
    Richard_T wrote:
    ive heard that suapnet are now throttling people who download too much, ie downlaods of 500mb or more.
    see Here for more info

Cheers mate. Great info. I'll see how it goes. I've only been with them for 2 months.

Is there any monitoring software, i saw a monitoring thing on www.dslreports.com but its for US only. I THINK

I don't download much on Supanet. i use my bro's and fathers 2mb blueyonder (which is not monitored, not capped and don't port block). they don't care what you download. 2 or 3gb a night no probs

Blacklisted with blueyonder i'd love to be with them again.
    Forum Member
    jockserb wrote:
    After calling supanet today telling them i was going to cancell my 1 meg it came back on and is now fleeing are these guys playing a game????????

I don't know. My down times are not due to massive downloading penelties because i haven't been. Its line and/or server problems i guess.

They told me yesterday that they are still having problems with the 1mb service and it will be resolved. WHEN, they said asap. It was saturday, most call centres i ring on saturday seem quite live less.
    Forum Member
    bluesnow wrote:
    Is there any monitoring software, i saw a monitoring thing on www.dslreports.com but its for US only. I THINK
    Try this, it's the best I've found, and it's totally free - no spyware either. Really good software, just download it and away you go! :)

http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
    Forum Member
    jrhnewark wrote:
    Try this, it's the best I've found, and it's totally free - no spyware either. Really good software, just download it and away you go! :)

http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

Thanks alot this is great. This will help me alot.
    Forum Member
    Dont No If I Cancell Tommorow They Will Give Me The Money Back For The Router I Purchased
    Forum Member
    jockserb wrote:
    Dont No If I Cancell Tommorow They Will Give Me The Money Back For The Router I Purchased
    Where did you buy it, and when?
    Forum Member
    jrhnewark wrote:
    Where did you buy it, and when?
    I bought from supanet ,I try to give them it back before my 7 days where up they said no refunds,I bought with supanets wireless package 27?12/04 never got aactivated to 5/01/05 so if they are giveing crappy service and the package i bought was wireless arent they liable to give me refund?????????????????????????? :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely the distance selling act applies - you can send it back if you change your mind after 7 (or was it 14) days?
    Forum Member
    No, under distance selling regulations, it's 7 days.

Supanet had no right to say no - I'd tell them again, or go to Trading Standards.
    Forum Member
    jrhnewark wrote:
    No, under distance selling regulations, it's 7 days.

Supanet had no right to say no - I'd tell them again, or go to Trading Standards.
    Well they did ,now its over 7 days and i went and installed belkin router was running fine for 1 day slow speeds slower than 56k called supanet they said i had virus so i fdisked computer as couldnt find virus still connection was slow phoned belkin they told me to reset router.and the reset button fell off ,now i have broken router......found diital spy forums then made aware of supanets problems 1meg called supanet then they came clean nothing wrong with comp at all lieing b.................. going to calll billing again tommorow and and cancell see if they will take modem back then as it was part of package.......dont no how that will go down..... :mad:
    Forum Member
    jockserb wrote:
    Well they did ,now its over 7 days and i went and installed belkin router was running fine for 1 day slow speeds slower than 56k called supanet they said i had virus so i fdisked computer as couldnt find virus still connection was slow phoned belkin they told me to reset router.and the reset button fell off ,now i have broken router......found diital spy forums then made aware of supanets problems 1meg called supanet then they came clean nothing wrong with comp at all lieing b.................. going to calll billing again tommorow and and cancell see if they will take modem back then as it was part of package.......dont no how that will go down..... :mad:
    UPDATE called billing to cancell, they said to put in writeing ,i asked if i would have to pay penalty? they said they would have to look into it?called customer services about rma still at the capers, looks like i will be paying the £60.00 cancellation fee ... :eek: