Do you personally know a celeb ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i do some childcare/babysitting for some famous ppl one who has been in new this week for being a naughty boy:eek:

and im a good friend of the bloke who is always on the TV at the end of the F1 GP he gives them there caps as they go to get there trophys! lovely bloke he is to

also live 2 miles from Dave C and saw him out joggong this morning..... and i waved and he waved back:D:D

i no few other with my job but not sure i can say:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my cousin is married to that bloke on channel 5 in the mornings (matthew?), but haven't met him myself, and i know someone on coming of age on bbc3, but i'm not in contact with him anymore. i also know a car journalist who i think writes for the telegraph now, but i don't think he really counts :D
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ewan McGregor used to come to my house!

Also know Roxanne Pallett a bit.
  • pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 6 months ago, the mother of an 'up and coming' young British star who is on the rise in Hollywood at the moment (just seen his new film advertised which reminded me!), asked for the garage that I managed the service department of to pay the costs of the repair work needed on her 10 year old car 'because he was famous'.

I declined her kind offer.

Is this person one of the two British stars making waves Stateside that happen to hail from the same place I do? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Met Gregg Wallace a couple of times because he is sort of family.
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From working on Dancing with the Stars, I have met:

Gilles Marini
    Jason Chambers
    Rachel Hunter
    Evander Holyfield
    Kate Gosselin
    Nicole Scherzinger
    Pamela Anderson
    Buzz Aldrin

and more.
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    From working on Dancing with the Stars, I have met:

Gilles Marini
    Jason Chambers
    Rachel Hunter
    Evander Holyfield
    Kate Gosselin
    Nicole Scherzinger
    Pamela Anderson
    Buzz Aldrin

and more.

Thanks.

How many of them do you personally know?
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaiya wrote: »
    Thanks.

How many of them do you personally know?

Mainly Gilles & Jason, as I was scheduled to partner them both, but I fell pregnant in Season 8 and Jason had an injury days before meaning we had to pull out. I know Maksim, Mark, Derek, Cheryl & Charlotte, the pros, very well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    scotch wrote: »
    Peter simon :D

Ofcourse he used to be on BBC1 on Saturday mornings years ago. Run the Risk :D

I can beat that. I know Trev AND Simon the comedy duo from Going Live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Oh, and Richard Harris before he was deaded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juliet001 wrote: »
    I can beat that. I know Trev AND Simon the comedy duo from Going Live.

We were talking about them the other day as we used to have a fantastic kids cassette by them in our car which included a brilliant spooky story set in Silverdale which we all loved - send them my regards and tell them they made long car journeys in the 90s just that bit more bearable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    pmw_hewitt wrote: »
    Is this person one of the two British stars making waves Stateside that happen to hail from the same place I do? :D

Google being ever my friend in matters such as these, I can confirm that yes, this is him.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boyfriend is one half of Artful Dodger....re-rewind
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Google being ever my friend in matters such as these, I can confirm that yes, this is him.

:)

Did she get Petty when you declined her offer? Or will she go and Gossip to her friends about the experience?

I reckon the former!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    My dad was good mates with Geoff Capes (Remember him!) when he lived in England in the late 70's.

My brother in law is Adam Carroll who used to drive for Team Ireland in the A1 GP and now races in the Indy500 Series in America.

Cousin is the bassist in the Northern Irish band Ash, pretty big in the late nighties.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Did she get Petty when you declined her offer? Or will she go and Gossip to her friends about the experience?

I reckon the former!

You are correct again, you must both have a gift for this kind of thing!

I had no idea who he was at the time, so I googled him out of a mild feeling of interest before I said no - it seemed politer that way.

I cannot be bought :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to school with, and am now friends with, Hannah from S Club Juniors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my cousin is freinds with Amy childs.
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of most of the people named on here ... am I alone in this?!
  • Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ingenue wrote: »

Although I do know someone that was an actor on a crimewatch re-enactment.

Haha me too :D

My cousin won a big modelling contest in South Africa years ago, and there was a big drama over it because she is white.

Michael Kitchen is a good friend of my dad's, and my mum is really close to Gillian Cross who wrote the Demon Headmaster books.

Think that's it. My drama teachers have done a few tv shows.
  • ALPERTON94ALPERTON94 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Do you ?

met alesha dixon at my local waitrose 2 times such a lovely woman. (guess she kind of knows me now?) unfortunatley she declined my offer to get her number:rolleyes::D
    P.S she smells amazing!!!
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I dated a famous one when we were young. We were both 18 and she was nowhere as stylish or sexy as she is now. Amazing what alot of money and the best stylists can do.

Clearly not bitter then.:D
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My boyfriend is one half of Artful Dodger....re-rewind

All about the stragglers- Cool album. :)
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cousins Dan and Rick (McNamara) are in a band called Embrace, quite big a few years ago and they're gearing up to release another album, they still tour fairly frequently.

My next-door neighbour in Leeds, before I moved over to Manchester, was Debbie Dingle (Emmerdale), she used to get visited a lot by Katie Sugden and had a very nice shiny black mini. Also, Latecia lived in the same apartment block (in Emmerdale a few years ago, got a pan of chip fat thrown in her face - in the show, that is!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    All about the stragglers- Cool album. :)

I'm biased but yes its ace! :)