Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I'm no fan of the X Factor so I would be pleased if she turned it down. It's a big commitment and I know that she said in her interview with Michael Parkinson the other night that she wants to take a break at some point. Did anyone else see that? It was called Masterclass on Sky Arts.

Listening to the tracks from Halcyon Days. I don't know how I feel about them. "Burn" is far from her best, in my opinion. I love Halcyon as a stand-alone album.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has worked solidly since October 2012. I think to he wants to and deserves to take some serious time off.

As for Halcyon Days I always said it should have been a stand alone. The quality is not up to the standard of Halcyon and tarnishes the entire era. But it did wonders in revitalising her overall career so it did some good. hopefully album number 3 no rel-releases or label interventions ;p.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Did anyone else see that? It was called Masterclass on Sky Arts.

So glad you mentioned that, forgot all about it. Just checked and it's repeated 10am Tuesday morning, so thanks :)

Ellie's Coachella set - http://youtu.be/HRDYMifNqOM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for both Stu :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so glad Halcyon is holding up just got new a peak at #4 in Australia and is so clos to 900K in sales in the UK and Beating Heart going top 10. Well done Miss. Goulding :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she has reached #1 in New Zealand after 66 weeks seconds longest time in their History. She is simply unstoppable keep on Burn-ing Ellie ;).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halcyon/Days now stands at 902K and is third best selling album of 14. Also belated first birthday to Burn it even shares a B'day with me :p
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Halcyon/Days now stands at 902K and is third best selling album of 14. Also belated first birthday to Burn it even shares a B'day with me :p

Wow, that isn't bad at all!

Happy belated birthday to Burn and to you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks P_P. Halcyon/Days is simply unstoppable. It does mean though extended wait to album #3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy 2nd birthday Halcyon an amazing album bring on album #3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also ellie is to appear in calvins new album motion. Wonder if the song will be as good as INYK
    Forum Member
    Ellie talks about her new album

Looking forward to new material. I hope that it's more like "Anything Could Happen" and "Guns & Horses" instead of "Burn". I wasn't keen on the latter at all.
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not too much of a surprise one of the issues with Halcyon was the huge gap and the album being so sonically different to her debut.

As a fan no more EDM, what made Halcyon so special was it was a bold move that pushed her way past her debut and delivered on her insurmountable potential. She needs a balance to consolidate her career and push her further but one that also doesn't fall short of her artistic merits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second #1 scored if the new album is done right then she will be a superstar at last.
    Forum Member
    Ellie made an appearance in Taylor Swift's Bad Blood video recently.

P_P wrote: »

I'm listening to Halcyon at the moment. Is her new album still due this year? We're into June already and there seems to be no news of the follow-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm not as huge TS fan but the exposure will do her good :).

She said around end of last year beginning this year she would relase the third album 2015. But aside from LMLYD nothing else has transpired news or otherwise :/.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    17/09/15- New single (On My Mind it is rumored to be called). About time so so so so so unbelievably excited for #3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie Goulding- Delerium 06/11/15

Mainly produced by Max Martin and Greg Kurstin. So a similar sound to Halcyon days. She did explain the album was an experiment in a big pop album. I'm excited to hear but I do feel she has lost her artistic edge in favour of more success but it was to be expected after HD. At 22 tracks the deluxe a really hefty body of work and gift to her fans.

On My Mind it's catchy will do well but not the big oh wow what is this I got with Anything Could Happen thoughts?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    On My Mind does nothing for me, and 22 songs on the album suggests quantity over quality.

I really hope i'm wrong but i wont be rushing out to buy it until i've heard more.

Big fan of Ellie and will continue to be but there are several other exciting UK female singers producing better material than Ellie at this time imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard Something In The Way You Move far superior got me really excited for Delerieum. Wgatever Ellie turns ger hand to for ne is always superb seems like though she may have gobe pip it will still be superb.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Ellie but this album is such a chore to get through on first listen. Really basic and actually quite boring. Maybe it'll grow on me. 'Something in the way you move' is without doubt a highlight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to add my above post (which was slightly on the harsh side), my ranking of the tracks worth listening to:

1) Holding On For Life
    2) Love Me Like You Do
    3) Aftertaste
    4) Keep On Dancin'
    5) Something In The Way You Move
    6) Devotion
    7) On My Mind
    8) Army
    9) Outside
    10) Codes
    11) I Do What I Love

A 22 track album suggests a lit of filler and indeed there is lots of it imo. The album never really goes anywhere and just plods along. Drop the filler and you've got a good album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kind of have to agree when she hit's it like on Lost and Found, SITWYM, KOD she really nails it there is a really great album in there but the amount of tracks needed stream lining. It's still for me:

Halcyon
    Lights
    Delirium

And way at the bottom some nice tracks but the re-issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's growing on me already I must admit. I'm loving Devotion at the moment.