The Face

Comments

• SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, Naomi is brutal.

It's also funny how no one wanted to be on Caroline's team at the beginning and yet she's smashing it at the moment.
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this week's episode!!!

Lol at Naomi storming around and the others sitting there watching!

This show is awesome! Bring on next week, Naomi is really going to put the frightens in her girls :D

I think her problem is that she has made it clear that she s not interested in anything other than a win, which then makes er unapproachable. There is no 'bond' between her and her girls which there is between the other mentors and their girls which is why they can bring out the best in their teams.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »

Also it's clearly a contrived format... because they're hardly going to vote out all of Naomi's team in the first 4 weeks and leave her without any models are they? So expect a turnaround of events and she will start winning tasks soon. In addition they'll have to ensure there are reps from each team who make it to the final. So it's all a bit set up IMO, they've probably planned out exactly how it will go.

Agreed. The formats totally flawed and farcical. I'm really quite enjoying it though, its entertaining telly. Naomi throwing her door slamming mini hissy fit was absolutely hilarious. :D Although I suspect she had to do it a few times for the benefit of the cameras to make sure the producers got the right shots. :rolleyes:

I watched with subtitles and according to them that M&S rep spells her name 'Soozie' :eek: silly girl!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is my absolutely favourite programme at the moment...Naomi with her stomping around and slamming doors is hysterical...although I do feel sorry for her girls bearing the brunt of her anger all the time. I do think there is something in it that she doesn't seem to give them much support and hasn't yet won, whilst Caroline gives her girls endless support and is a friend to them and has won every week so far. Although Erin comes across as pretty nice too and she hasn't won yet either :confused:

Agree with other comments that it is a bit x factor-ish and I do think it's unfair that somebody good will go just to get back at another judge (you can tell that Naomi is just dying to win a challenge so she can send one of Caroline's girls home, regardless of whether they should be sent home or not)

I can't say that I have a favourite girl as such, but I do know that I'm not keen on Racquel much...I agree she's stunning, but I feel she's trying to be a bit too much like Naomi in her behaviour and I also felt she was unfair in giving Chloe a hard time for speaking to the other girls in the house...when all of you are living under one roof, I don't see how you can just ignore each other (although Racquel and Emma are giving it a good try! :D )

Looking forward to next week's programme already... :)
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naomi's team deserved to win this week. Emma looked amazing in that ad. It worked against Caroline's team having more people. Although she doesn't come over a a nice person, Emma does look like a contender as the eventual winner.
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Naomi's team deserved to win this week. Emma looked amazing in that ad. It worked against Caroline's team having more people. Although she doesn't come over a a nice person, Emma does look like a contender as the eventual winner.

I agree, they did. Although Naomi seemed to forget her own rules about being professional in front of the client and screamed and flung her Arms around in ecstasy! :rolleyes:

I also think that Elianne? Should have gone instead of Brook as she seems incapable of doing anything asked of her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coolmum123 wrote: »
    I also think that Elianne? Should have gone instead of Brook as she seems incapable of doing anything asked of her!

Elianne has a rather gormless expression on her face the whole time. I can't see her appeal at all. She just looks so dozy. All the other black girls Nadine, Sienna and Racquel are much prettier than her.
    I thought Brook was very bland looking though so was not surprised to see her go.
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, they did. Although Naomi seemed to forget her own rules about being professional in front of the client and screamed and flung her Arms around in ecstasy! :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same! Hypocrite. But then maybe she can because she HAS a career (as she likes to remind us lol:p)
    Elianne has a rather gormless expression on her face the whole time. I can't see her appeal at all. She just looks so dozy. All the other black girls Nadine, Sienna and Racquel are much prettier than her.
    I thought Brook was very bland looking though so was not surprised to see her go.

Tell me about it. What the hell was her facial expressions in the lesson all about!!

"Look Psycho" and Elianne pulls this face :confused: then this :p

I am enjoying the show though! :D:D:D
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though I normally hate overdone "what's on next week's show" stuff on other programmes, I'd like to see a tiny taster at the end of the episode just to whet my appetite for next week!

Thought the advert was interesting as it was still quite 'modelly' - e.g shots of them walking/running, rather than a cheesy acted out advert with script that they sometimes do for NTM.

I'm interested to know what happens to these 'adverts' as they said something today referring to it as a REAL advert. Is it actually going to appear somewhere? Did the M&S one get used as a real
    advert for lingerie?

I was sure that Naomi would win this week (in fact I think I predicted it in my previous post) so that they could start to even out numbers. I'm sure the whole thing has been contrived and decided from day one, but it's still fairly interesting and I'm not sure any other model programme isn't contrived (or perhaps reality TV as a whole tbh).
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am beginning to loathe Naomi! She is such a self-absorbed child. All the drama and shreiking when they won. No wonder she's got such a bad reputation in modelling and gets through men like used tissues! They must run screaming for the hills when they work out what she is really like. Who the hell would put up with her?

I think Elianne should have gone. She is extraordinary looking but, as someone else, said absolutely 'gormless'. I'm not sure there are too many brain cells rattling around in that beautiful head!

Emma is a sulky little cow, but they did look amazing in that ad. I want to slap her but I am glad they won :D

Raquel is still my favourite, although I worry about her with Naomi as her 'mentor' :( She was vile to her before they shot that ad.

Caroline is beginning to annoy me now. She is so vapid!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally. She bangs on all the time about how important is it to be professional at all times, but then she herself sits there laughing at the other mentors girls when they're not performing perfectly. Hypocrite! :rolleyes:
    sofakat wrote: »
    I am beginning to loathe Naomi! She is such a self-absorbed child. All the drama and shreiking when they won. No wonder she's got such a bad reputation in modelling and gets through men like used tissues! They must run screaming for the hills when they work out what she is really like. Who the hell would put up with her?

So true. She does make me laugh though and she's quite compulsive viewing. Loved the end bit this week where she came back into the room, didn't say a word and just sat and stared at Caroline and her team with a slight look of contempt of her face. :D

I think we're seeing 'toned down' Naomi though, not the real thing which is probably way more OTT than anything we'll ever get to see on The Face. :eek:

I thought both girls put up for elimination were the weakest amongst who's left.

I don't like the black girl left in Naomi's team but I did feel sorry for her when they showed what that metal dress had done to her legs, looked nasty! :eek:
  • DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    I love this show. Better than BNTM
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    Look up the US version. She was probably even MORE infantile/evil on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    Look up the US version. She was probably even MORE infantile/evil on it.

Nooooo! One version is enough for me! :D:D:D

Life's too short to spend 5 minutes watching a diva with a brain the size of a frozen pea. I can always see that on Real Housewives ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take back my previous critique of Elianne, she was really good this week. Now I can see her potential.

Naomi was really nasty to Caroline at the end. If this is a toned down version goodness knows what she's like in real life :eek:

Who do you think would win battle of the divas between Naomi and Tyra Banks?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take back my previous critique of Elianne, she was really good this week. Now I can see her potential.

Naomi was really nasty to Caroline at the end. If this is a toned down version goodness knows what she's like in real life :eek:

:D Tyra! She is far more grounded, intelligent and wise and has a real sense of humour. Tyra ia also a sucessful business woman too, whereas Naomi has never been able to work wth anyone, so I rather think she'd have no truck with Naomi's tantrums and sulking.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't Tyra once have Naomi on her chat show and ask her questions like, 'why do you hate me?'. I seem to recall Naomi being very toned down (and attempting 'charming' as a personality trait) on that occasion, a bit of an one off I suspect.

I haven't seen this week's yet but presume Eliane is still there which surprises me!

ps. Could this thread be any more 'hidden' if it tried! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Didn't Tyra once have Naomi on her chat show and ask her questions like, 'why do you hate me?'. I seem to recall Naomi being very toned down (and attempting 'charming' as a personality trait) on that occasion, a bit of an one off I suspect.

I haven't seen this week's yet but presume Eliane is still there which surprises me!

ps. Could this thread be any more 'hidden' if it tried! :eek:

Wish I had seen Tyra vs Naomi :D
    Elianne is surprisingly good this week.
  • DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say that this programme is my guilty pleasure

And it would be nothing without Naomi, she is awseome
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last episode was good. The front runners in the final for me are now Nadine and Emma. Nadines's winning picture was lovely.

Emma does come across badly but she certainly has the looks and is very memorable. Elianne could still surprise us all and win though, they all seem to like her.
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I had seen Tyra vs Naomi :D
    Elianne is surprisingly good this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUlbJoG_V8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last episode was good. The front runners in the final for me are now Nadine and Emma. Nadines's winning picture was lovely.

Emma does come across badly but she certainly has the looks and is very memorable. Elianne could still surprise us all and win though, they all seem to like her.

I loved that episode too.

Am still so sad that Raquel lost out and I just want her to get signed by another agency and do really, really, well. She is an amazing looking girl and I love her determination.

I want to slap Emma. That girl has such a lousy attitude. She is so undeserving, but I am glad she 'made up' with Raquel and thanked her. I don't much like her looks either to be honest.

I am rooting for Nadine because, much as I think Elianne photographs like a dream, I just don't think she has the necessary personality and brains to handle the modelling world. She comes across as truly gormless :cool:

What does everyone else think? Am I being too harsh a judge? I work in the media and I'd never let her anywhere near a client!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rianne wrote: »

Thanks. I watched some of that but quickly got bored of Tyra's ranting. Neither came across very well in my opinion. Naomi looked frosty and did little to address accusations that she is a bit of a bully and always creates an atmosphere. Tyra came across as completely self-absorbed and as someone who really should get over a lot of things. What a pair!
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in utter and complete shock when Erin sent Sienna home. To me, she was the best in the competition.

There's rumours going round from a reliable BINTM source that Max Factor didn't want Sienna because her skin was too dark for their product. If that's true then I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Sienna.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in utter and complete shock when Erin sent Sienna home. To me, she was the best in the competition.

There's rumours going round from a reliable BINTM source that Max Factor didn't want Sienna because her skin was too dark for their product. If that's true then I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Sienna.

I hope that isn't true because I thought Sienna was very beautiful. I felt that we never found out much about her personality though as stronger characters have dominated the airtime.