Justified - season 4 (US Pace)

Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
Forum Member
✭✭
Season 4 of Justified started in the US on Tuesday night.

Anyone watched it yet?

Comments

• MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I loved it. An awful lot going on with new characters introduced and a mystery set up that looks like it will be the season's main storyline.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the scene where Boyd was giving his army buddy a trial run...

Boyd - Take care of him.

<Boyd's army buddy shoots the bible-thumping ex-drug-dealer currently tied to a chair>

Boyd - Whoah! What the hell did you do that for?

Boyd's army buddy - You said "take care of him".

Boyd - I meant untie him.

Boyd's army buddy - Ohh...:o

Boyd - Well, I guess that I'd better choose my words more carefully in future.

Ha :D

So... the bag. Did the man in the flashback keep some/all of the drugs from the dead parachutist, and the card in the bag can lead to him? I wonder how Arlo knows about it all and how the bag came to be in his wall? Oh, and I wasn't expecting him to kill that trustee! To keep it for himself, or because it's too dangerous?

How will Boyd deal with the snake preacher?

I guess we'll see Winona at some point, given that Raylan is talking about being a father soon.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I liked it. Some very funny moments, which Justified does so well.

Not keen on Patton Oswalt sticking around. Id' really rather see Tim more often.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene in episode 2 with the hillbilly family was brilliantly written: funny, sad and terrifying at the same time.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series just goes from strength to strength.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weeks was a cracker!

K
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    This weeks was a cracker!

K

Snake attack! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he jumped to a conclusion about his g/f a little quick. Or maybe thats just the hopeless romantic in me that didnt want to think she had been ripping him off.
    Forum Member
    Art: "What's your opinion?"
    Raylan: "On your stiffie? I don't have one."

Loving this season so fa, but...not the church stuff. Hope it's not a season-long thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I thought he jumped to a conclusion about his g/f a little quick. Or maybe thats just the hopeless romantic in me that didnt want to think she had been ripping him off.

What did she take from his drawer?
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of his money.

This show is the best show that's currently airing. It's quite a shame that hardly anyone has heard about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of his money.

This show is the best show that's currently airing. It's quite a shame that hardly anyone has heard about it.

I try and sell it as much as I can to my friends, it really does deserve a better profile but they keep making the show so it must be picking up the ratings in the states.
    FX’s Justified came out guns a-blazing on Tuesday night, delivering its second-most-watched episode ever, trailing only its series premiere.
    Source.

The season 4 premiere notched 5.3 million total viewers, besting the series premiere by +8%. 2.5 million Adults 18-49 tuned in, tying the series premiere as the most-watched episode in that demo, while Women 18-49 (973,000) Adults 25-54 (3.0 million), Men 25-54 (1.8 million) and Women 25-54 (1.2 million) all posted series highs.

It's demo-tastic!
    Source.

If you like this show, try Banshee, just started in the states. Three episodes in and has me hooked like Justified.

- Trailer
    Forum Member
    Love the way Wynn Duffy doesn't even blink when someone is murdered right next to him.

Glad to see Ray;an and Boyd going after the same man. Love the scenes between those 2, especially as they are so rare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Love the way Wynn Duffy doesn't even blink when someone is murdered right next to him.

Glad to see Ray;an and Boyd going after the same man. Love the scenes between those 2, especially as they are so rare.

I like Wynn. Me thinks the Shreriff might be treading a dangerous path as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many people watching this show ? Personally it's my favourite show on TV at the moment and every week is a little gem.
    Forum Member
    Dialogue is as good as ever, but the storytelling is a bit all over the place this season. I no longer care who Drew Thompson is, but I'd be on it being Holland Manners.
    Forum Member
    Goodbye, Arlo :(

Great episode this week. Boyd on top form, plus Raylan's reaction after shooting the fake deputy. Now certain that the Shelby is Drew Thompson, but wish they would get it over with already.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two questions,
    When's this coming back on UK TV?

and will Winona return?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodbye, Arlo :(

Great episode this week. Boyd on top form, plus Raylan's reaction after shooting the fake deputy. Now certain that the Shelby is Drew Thompson, but wish they would get it over with already.

Yup, I was wondering that too, given Shelby's interest in the widow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode this week. Boyd on top form, plus Raylan's reaction after shooting the fake deputy. .

That was brilliant, made me laugh out land. That and Arts comment as well... :D
    Now certain that the Shelby is Drew Thompson, but wish they would get it over with already.

oooh interesting idea. Would put context into his conversation with Ella May about his wife and if you pretend to be someone long enough etc etc.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking Shelby is Drew as well, considering he's way too interested in everything about the case. Although now there are a load of us thinking it, it's probably not him and just a red herring.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the point of the "church" plot at the start of this series? It seems to have been "dropped" (although I suppose the Ellen May subplot may join back up to it?)

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it wrong that I find Ellen May quite attractive?
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I find Ellen May quite attractive?

Yes.

Drew Thompson finally revealed!! Not a shock in the end. Bit weird how so many people were willing to die to keep his secret :confused:

Wish Colt would piss off. Don't care about him at all.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he held something over all of them or they all owed him in a big way.