Most Fanciable Companion

WopsyWopsy Posts: 36
Forum Member
Through the years, we have had a wonderful selection of companions, some pleasing on the eye and some slightly less so.

Who do we think steals the crown as the most fanciable companion?

Hartnell had the prim and proper Barbara, refined yet chic. Barbara brought an understated sexual presence to the series.

Troughton had the hunky Jamie with kilt. Fans have long deliberated over whether Hines wore the kilt in the traditional Scottish style. Careful use of the pause button will answer this myth.

Pertwee benefited from the cheeky Jo Grant, who was very risque for the time. Jo was a siren and even the Doctor found it hard to avoid her charms.

Tom Baker had a plethora of companions to choose from, but surely the highlight was the subtle beauty of Romana 2. Leela is ruled out, for looking too manly in the face, despite a satisfying outfit.

Peter Davison had slim-pickings. It's not that Tegan was repulsive, but you wouldn't approach her in a nightclub. Nor would you put a poster of Turlough on your wall in his speedos.

Thankfully, Colin Baker restored the faith. His companion Peri had a couple of fine assets. Which did not include her American accent.

Poor old Sly McCoy, at a push it would have to be Ace, though she looked like she might smell of chips.

Paul McGann could have passed for a moderately attractive female companion himself, from a distance.

Eccleston and Tennant-it would have to be the pouty Rose.

Matt Smith-Clara brings a smouldering confidence which is alluring, yet her quips can verge on the 'Im exceptionally cool and clued up about everything' which borders on the arrogant and this is not an attractive quality.

But who do we think wins overall since the show began?

Comments

• MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Turlough did make it onto my bedroom wall!
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martha
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben (in black tshirt from The War Machines).
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rory. Any day and twice on Sundays.

Wopsy wrote: »

Poor old Sly McCoy, at a push it would have to be Ace, though she looked like she might smell of chips.

Made me laugh. :D
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Vislor Turlough or Jamie.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Romana 1. If I'd seen Mary Tamm circa 1978 in reality think I'd have whispered a little prayer to Mother Nature. Or passed out. :D
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Romana 1. If I'd seen Mary Tamm circa 1978 in reality think I'd have whispered a little prayer to Mother Nature. Or passed out. :D

I was going to make the same suggestion. :D
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack. And Martha.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amy. I'd love a dip in that Pond. She replaced Romana II as my sexiest ever companion.

I do like Clara but her character puts me off. I think she'd have been far sexier if she'd stayed a cockney con-woman.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rory. Any day and twice on Sundays.

I like Rory also, I'd like to see him blush.:D
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Ben, Rory, Mickey and Jamie, I guess.

Or if I was either a straight man or a lesbian, then I guess I would choose Peri, Rose, Clara, Amy or River.
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Its not even up for discussion the clear winner any day of the week is Sarah-Jane
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clara wins overall, but it seems only fair to choose a favourite for each Doctor.

1st - Polly
    2nd - Victoria
    3rd - Liz
    4th - Romana I
    5th - Nyssa but only so Peri doesn't win in two categories, though arguably she should
    6th - Peri
    7th - Ace if she's not dressed like a pathetic attempt to gain street cred
    8th - got to be Grace as we never actually saw any other
    9th - Rose by default
    10th - Donna
    11th - Clara

:)
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    For me, Martha is much more attractive than Rose. And as for classic companions... When I was much younger, I liked Jo Grant .
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Its not even up for discussion the clear winner any day of the week is Sarah-Jane

That one goes beyond fancying.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TRT1968 wrote: »
    That one goes beyond fancying.

Yes, merely fancying her would be an insult.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not even up for discussion the clear winner any day of the week is Peri

Corrected that for you!

(But Clara comes an exceedingly close second!)

:D
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven’t watched the classics so this is only limited to the new who.

For me is Clara. Matt and Jenna have fantastic chemistry. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory. I would destroy that man.
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Corrected that for you!

(But Clara comes an exceedingly close second!)

:D

Your so very very wrong but I guess it just shows your a lot younger than me :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory and Jamie, I guess.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Wopsy wrote: »
    Through the years, we have had a wonderful selection of companions, some pleasing on the eye and some slightly less so.

Who do we think steals the crown as the most fanciable companion?

Hartnell had the prim and proper Barbara, refined yet chic. Barbara brought an understated sexual presence to the series.

Troughton had the hunky Jamie with kilt. Fans have long deliberated over whether Hines wore the kilt in the traditional Scottish style. Careful use of the pause button will answer this myth.

Pertwee benefited from the cheeky Jo Grant, who was very risque for the time. Jo was a siren and even the Doctor found it hard to avoid her charms.

Tom Baker had a plethora of companions to choose from, but surely the highlight was the subtle beauty of Romana 2. Leela is ruled out, for looking too manly in the face, despite a satisfying outfit.

Peter Davison had slim-pickings. It's not that Tegan was repulsive, but you wouldn't approach her in a nightclub. Nor would you put a poster of Turlough on your wall in his speedos.

Thankfully, Colin Baker restored the faith. His companion Peri had a couple of fine assets. Which did not include her American accent.

Paul McGann could have passed for a moderately attractive female companion himself, from a distance.

Eccleston and Tennant-it would have to be the pouty Rose.

Matt Smith-Clara brings a smouldering confidence which is alluring, yet her quips can verge on the 'Im exceptionally cool and clued up about everything' which borders on the arrogant and this is not an attractive quality.

But who do we think wins overall since the show began?

Sarah Jane Smith. (Elizabeth Sladen), although I did like Peri. Preferred the First Romana to the second.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your so very very wrong but I guess it just shows your a lot younger than me :(

Well it's all about opinion and Sarah Jane is one of my fave companions but Peri was from my time as a kid and brought many many happy memories........;):D
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wilfred Mott.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Wilfred Mott.
    A Silver Fox. ;)