Comments

• Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suky M wrote: »
    Liz Jones on The Saturday Night Show RTE

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10228632/

15 minute Interview starts at 32 mins in.......43.54 hilarious interaction

Same old, I am lip reading, I am anorexic, I am proud when I haven't eaten all day, I have no friends, my family made the Daily Mail remove the photo of my mother from the website they thought it intrusive, fashion industry hates me, Yasmin Le Bon on the cover of Vogue made me have a breast reduction, my husband (why does she never refer to him as ex-husband?) cheated on me, David is ok with me writing about him, but they all say that at first, Victoria Beckham has banned me from her shows, but if she let me in I would have given her a good review.

As for the irony; 'my job, I feel is to stop women ever having that switch go off in their brain that makes them think they are not good enough.......'

Thanks for posting that. I didn't know she had a spat with Rihanna. The host was having a good old flirt with her :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it is incredibly bizarre that she still calls Nirpal her husband.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panda Eyes wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that. I didn't know she had a spat with Rihanna. The host was having a good old flirt with her :)

How did you miss that, Panda Eyes?! It's a cracker:

Liz started it with this, Pop's poisonous princess

Rihanna retaliated, calling her a sloppy menopausal mess

And Liz utterly didn't apologise with this, I'm not a troll

SUCH fun! ^_^
  • LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Panda Eyes wrote: »
    The host was having a good old flirt with her :)

He seemed to insinuate she had a very smooth wrinkle free face for her age, not to mention it being pretty much immobile and incapable of showing emotion, so I don't think he was flirting with her - more like having a subtle dig. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucycon wrote: »
    He seemed to insinuate she had a very smooth wrinkle free face for her age, not to mention it being pretty much immobile and incapable of showing emotion, so I don't think he was flirting with her - more like having a subtle dig. :D

He was in full-on schmoozathon flirt mode at the beginning - 'you look fabulous; the book is a great read; you write so well; your honesty is so refreshing' type things...that's how he got her to open up and relax and fall in to his trap about the motionless face :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    How did you miss that, Panda Eyes?! It's a cracker:

Liz started it with this, Pop's poisonous princess

Rihanna retaliated, calling her a sloppy menopausal mess

And Liz utterly didn't apologise with this, I'm not a troll

SUCH fun! ^_^

Oooh, thanks so much! What a treat I have in store today :D
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had never seen Ms. Jones in an interview and have to say, whilst I think she comes accross very badly in print & sometimes leaves me incredulous with her selfishness, I was stunned at how attractive she is..apart from her horrible shoes, she looked very well turned out. She then goes and ruins it by opening her mouth and coming out with the usual self obsessed twaddle.:devil:
  • Freckles101Freckles101 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    :o
    I had never seen Ms. Jones in an interview and have to say, whilst I think she comes accross very badly in print & sometimes leaves me incredulous with her selfishness, I was stunned at how attractive she is..apart from her horrible shoes, she looked very well turned out. She then goes and ruins it by opening her mouth and coming out with the usual self obsessed twaddle.:devil:

Liz Jones physically attractive? Seriously?
    When she was interviewed by the Sunday Times journalist re her misery memoirs, the journalist spent a paragraph describing how bizarre Jones looked in real life.
    "Liz Jones refuses to look in mirrors, so I don’t suppose she knows how odd she looks. If you saw her in the street you would probably screech “Who’s that?” She has long dyed witchy hair, orange tan skin, thick black painted eyebrows, and an alarming chipmunk smile when she bares her dazzling veneers. Her face is round and looks too big for her stick-like body. She has been anorexic most of her life and had her breasts removed when she was 29. But the facelift she had two years ago is holding up well, though her chin could do with some more filler"

Goes to show the magic of television lighting and that opticians will never go out of business!
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The photographer who did a shoot for a weekend paper interview earlier this year posted one of the outtakes on his website and Twitter feed. It's listed as "Gollum" in my Liz Jones file. Have a look:

http://www.chrisfloyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Liz-Jones-0891.jpg
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    The photographer who did a shoot for a weekend paper interview earlier this year posted one of the outtakes on his website and Twitter feed. It's listed as "Gollum" in my Liz Jones file. Have a look:

http://www.chrisfloyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Liz-Jones-0891.jpg

Can't see it as it says the site owner doesn't allow hotlinking to his site.

This is more like Liz Jones.

http://s746.photobucket.com/user/Lucycon1/media/Untitled_zps0a287ca1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, then - go to www.chrisfloyd.com (should work if you click on it - if not cut and paste it into your browser)... click on 'Location Portraits' (left hand image)... then click on number 49 (almost far right), but make sure you're not eating or drinking.
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    OK, then - go to www.chrisfloyd.com (should work if you click on it - if not cut and paste it into your browser)... click on 'Location Portraits' (left hand image)... then click on number 49 (almost far right), but make sure you're not eating or drinking.

God, that's horrible. :p

Wish I hadn't looked so late at night as that's going to give me a hell of a nightmare.

*shudder*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, for someone who's been stating for decades that she had her norks "hacked off"... there's a fair degree of boobage on display there (and yes, I am ashamed of myself: there's a tanker of brain bleach drawing up outside as I type...). :o
    Forum Member
    The 'lovely' Mr Scrace, making bread.

http://www.wagfreefood.com/our-food/david-scrace-how-to-make-wheat-gluten-free-bread

Liz makes him speak like Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre when she writes her Diary. Can't see it myself, as he looks more like Mr Stink from Penge.

:o:p:D
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member

http://www.wagfreefood.com/our-food/david-scrace-how-to-make-wheat-gluten-free-bread

Liz makes him speak like Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre when she writes her Diary. Can't see it myself, as he looks more like Mr Stink from Penge.

I tried to "like" this comment - smilies will have to suffice...
    :D:D:D:D
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG :o I was expecting him to be quite hot going by Liz's description, but he is rank. Still - looks aren't everything I guess.
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    OMG :o I was expecting him to be quite hot going by Liz's description, but he is rank. Still - looks aren't everything I guess.

IIRC someone described him as looking like Worzel Gummidge's younger brother on the Diary comments page after they looked at his profile pic on his Facebook entry. This did not go down well at all with Liz who hit back at all the 'nasty online trolls' having a go at her beloved, and he removed it PDQ.

Doesn't the ponytail look fetching scooped up into that ratty old cap too? :p
    Forum Member
    IIRC someone described him as looking like Worzel Gummidge's younger brother on the Diary comments page after they looked at his profile pic on his Facebook entry. This did not go down well at all with Liz who hit back at all the 'nasty online trolls' having a go at her beloved, and he removed it PDQ.

Doesn't the ponytail look fetching scooped up into that ratty old cap too? :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2413871/Liz-Joness-diary-In-I-meet-love-life.html
    ‘Kiss me,’ he said. ‘Properly.’ So we snogged. I held on to his ponytail.

Brings it all to life doesn't it.......
    Forum Member

It does.;-)

The word 'snogged' is very immature for a woman of 50+ but most of her diary lately has been written in the breathless style of a 60's Jackie story for 13 year olds with their first boyfriend. Still, with the 4 year 'affair' with the imaginary Rock Star, and the disastrous marriage to Nirpal Mr. Scrace is probably only the third man to have ever done the Horizontal Samba with Jonesey.She described him as 'the most generous, attentive lover' she ever had, but two other men isn't much to compare him with really is it? :D
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid I haven't kept up with this thread and often miss LJ's columns for some reason, but can anyone tell me if the 'RS' is still around and if it's been revealed who he is yet?
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid I haven't kept up with this thread and often miss LJ's columns for some reason, but can anyone tell me if the 'RS' is still around and if it's been revealed who he is yet?

No and no.

She's going out with a baker who she fantasised about when she lived next door to him 30 years ago. He contacted her when she was trying to write a piece about why her friends and boyfriends didn't contact her any more. Her assistant sent emails to all of them asking 'why don't you keep in touch with Liz' and he responded.

The only one who responded.

Funny how he didn't want to know her when she was a penniless junior on Company mag, but now she's one of the best paid journos in the business he 'can't keep his hands off' her. His bakery business has perhaps had a cash injection because of the association with her. Who knows?
    Forum Member
    It does.;-)

The word 'snogged' is very immature for a woman of 50+ but most of her diary lately has been written in the breathless style of a 60's Jackie story for 13 year olds with their first boyfriend. Still, with the 4 year 'affair' with the imaginary Rock Star, and the disastrous marriage to Nirpal Mr. Scrace is probably only the third man to have ever done the Horizontal Samba with Jonesey.She described him as 'the most generous, attentive lover' she ever had, but two other men isn't much to compare him with really is it? :D

There is this lucky chap from this weekend's PANK witterings..
    Although I do admit an ex-boyfriend once gave me ecstasy, saying we would have ‘much better sex’.

Having never taken drugs or even smoked a cigarette, I hid the tablet in my palm, and the next morning left it on his bedside table, as I hate waste.

During the night I’d faked an orgasm with theatricals worthy of an Oscar – he didn’t get the real thing because I was put off by his greying bed linen, and pancake-flat synthetic pillows; drugs inevitably (in most cases!) mean you have less to spend in Habitat.
  • kareena46kareena46 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Yeah yeah....it's fine to ridicule Mr Scrace's looks, (how bloody childish), I wonder how many of you can honestly say that you or your husbands/wives are fantabulous and wonderful.

Okay, you can't stand Liz, that's fine but to comment so nastily on somebody's looks is, in my opinion plain and simple bullying.
    Forum Member
    There is this lucky chap from this weekend's PANK witterings..

Oh, go on, make it three then. ;-) :D
    Forum Member
    kareena46 wrote: »
    Yeah yeah....it's fine to ridicule Mr Scrace's looks, (how bloody childish), I wonder how many of you can honestly say that you or your husbands/wives are fantabulous and wonderful.

Okay, you can't stand Liz, that's fine but to comment so nastily on somebody's looks is, in my opinion plain and simple bullying.

Liz never comments on anyone's looks does she?

And yes, my husband and I are bloody gorgeous.;-) :D