"Impossible" by James Arthur already #1 on iTunes UK and Ireland

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Reckon he is going to sneek no1 again you know.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reckon he is going to sneek no1 again you know.

He'll be #3 I reckon.
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    He'll be #3 I reckon.

He's #3 now. He just made the Norwegian iTunes chart, #83 now. It's not much to brag about, but it's a start :)
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOW Britney finally got her number one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats Brit and sayonara James:D
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "impossible" becomes the first X-Factor winning single to spend 5 weeks in the Top 3.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    "impossible" becomes the first X-Factor winning single to spend 5 weeks in the Top 3.

Incredible.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't respect the song and the singer at all so whatever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konofilius wrote: »
    I don't respect the song and the singer at all so whatever

How can you disrespect someone you don't know?
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,768
    Forum Member
    X Factor Winner Singles - first five weeks chart positions

James Arthur: 1-2-1-1-3
    Little Mix: 1-2-6-15-30
    Matt Cardle: 1-1-1-1-5
    Joe McElderry: 2-1-2-15-25
    Alexandra Burke: 1-1-1-3-6
    Leon Jackson: 1-1-1-5-15
    Leona Lewis: 1-1-1-1-6
    Shayne Ward: 1-1-1-1-5
    Steve Brookstein: 2-1-2-4-12
  • KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member

YAY :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you disrespect someone you don't know?

I meant his artistic side rather than himself
    Forum Member
    James is climbing the Norwegian iTunes charts.. he's #59 today! Not bad considering he was 80 something just a few days ago :)
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Impossible" sold 45,814 copies last week for a total of 1,016,581. From the OCC:
    It has overtaken Matt Cardle's When We Collide (1,005,246 sales) to become the third biggest selling (of nine) 'coronation' singles by a winner of The X Factor, and now trails only Alexandra Burke's Hallelujah (2008, 1,249,226 sales) and Shayne Ward's That's My Goal (2005, 1,103,351 sales.)
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Will probably have overtaken Shayne once his chart run is done, and if he has a successful first album Impossible will sell off that as well. I think it's likely he'll overtake Alex at some point.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »

Little Mix's single really underperformed :eek: They're currently the most relevant XF winner though, so they made up for it in the end.
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    iTunes chart positions....

#11 - Switzerland
    #53 - Norway
    #67 - Germany
    #70 - Netherlands
    #75 - Sweden
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Little Mix's single really underperformed :eek: They're currently the most relevant XF winner though, so they made up for it in the end.

They only won a year ago...I don't want to sound negative but most winners do well the first album they do.
  • copterpylonscopterpylons Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    "Impossible" sold 45,814 copies last week for a total of 1,016,581. From the OCC:
    It has overtaken Matt Cardle's When We Collide (1,005,246 sales) to become the third biggest selling (of nine) 'coronation' singles by a winner of The X Factor, and now trails only Alexandra Burke's Hallelujah (2008, 1,249,226 sales) and Shayne Ward's That's My Goal (2005, 1,103,351 sales.)

It's also worth noting that Cardle's single didn't reach one million sales until June, 2012. James sold more copies in five weeks than Cardle in eighteen months.

Presumably Matt won't make any more stupid comments about outselling James. . .:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    *Liya* wrote: »
    iTunes chart positions....

#11 - Switzerland
    #53 - Norway
    #67 - Germany
    #70 - Netherlands
    #75 - Sweden

This is so great :) I hope he can get top ten in Switzerland.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also worth noting that Cardle's single didn't reach one million sales until June, 2012. James sold more copies in five weeks than Cardle in eighteen months.

Presumably Matt won't make any more stupid comments about outselling James. . .:)

From what I read, James was the one who was rude to all former male X factor winner...
    I don't know him, I don't wish him to fail, but for now, it's just a very successfull cover on the back of the X factor. The real test seems to be the 1st (for some) or 2cond (for others) album...
    Forum Member
    Impossible just cracked Top 50 on iTunes here in Norway wohoo :D
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,768
    Forum Member
    Where is this international charting coming from? This has never happened before with the winner single.
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Where is this international charting coming from? This has never happened before with the winner single.

I think previous singles may have been released on itunes around Europe but perhaps.... none of them have charted within the top 100....or maybe they have at some point and no has kept track of them.

James is the favourite to win Best British Single at the Brits with Impossible...
    http://www.oddschecker.com/awards/brit-awards/best-single
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Chart positions of the winners song are somewhat irrelevant. One look at the list above illustrates how little success has been had from the artists above own material. Only a couple on the list made it to a reasonably selling 2nd LP. Little Mix's second single didnt sell overly well - so the jury's out there - and the album has done ok but not stunningly well. Also, this year that has been almost nothing new released in the first 2 weeks of January which has probably helped his sales and chart position.
    Forum Member
    It's so annoying.. James was #50 yesterday, but has fallen to #53 today. He wouldn't have fallen so much on the charts if the radio stations ACTUALLY played the song, but of course they won't! Sigh. This sucks so much :(