I Think We Need A Memorial Thread

Comments

• dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a lovely idea for a thread Dolly. I lost my baby in 1999 and it was just as sad as any human bereavement. In fact, I ended up moving house because I could not bear the fact that she was not there. I once heard her scrabble in the litter tray (the other cat was with me). It was scary and comforting all at the same time. :(

Weird isnt it, I see a tortie puss come down the stairs from my neighbours, she walked in the kitchen to the back door then was gone:eek: I said to my neighbour *is eponene with you* she said yes.. I looked round and my tortie Madds was in the front room........very weird......my neighbour upstairs see's her departed cats all the time......:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    r.i.p Blackie!! my beloved dog, who was a fantastic pet and was my best friend all the way through my childhood till i was 17. He was PTS in the Janurary of 2005, i'll never forget the day the vet came to our house, me and my mum sat next to blackie stroking him unil he took his last breath
    Forever in my thoughts..love you xxxx

Hugs to all those who have lost a beloved pet x
  • brian_wbrian_w Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    R.I.P to Penny Pussycat (Nov 1991 - July 2003) A stray foundling kitten who adopted me and didn't really acknowledge anyone else.

In December 2002, just before Christmas, she became very demanding of me, and I felt at the time as if she was telling me she wasn't well. Being Christmas, there were lots of other things going on, and regretfully I chose to ignore her cries for help. By July her condition had really gone down hill, and I could see that the best thing would be to let her go. The vet said that she had a stomach tumour, and judging by its size, probably would have developed some 6 months earlier.

My dearest Penny, I'm really, really sorry for letting your suffering continue. We has such a bond, that I should have listened to what you trying to say. I'll never forget you.

* To the forum - thank you for providing me with a space by which I can express my grief, even after all this time, and hopefully be able to let go of the hurt that has been dwelling inside for not listening/understanding to what my dear friend was telling me.*
  • David McMahonDavid McMahon Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brian_w wrote: »
    just before Christmas, she became very demanding of me, and I felt at the time as if she was telling me she wasn't well.

Human instinct can be very powerful, yet we ignore it in the face of modern life's pressures!

Sophie too had symptoms before she quickly faded, with Cleo we will be much more on the ball!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent idea for a thread.

Here is a phot of my beautiful baby Snoopie who left us 28th April 2010. http://www.photoblog.pl/gemikaya/61945908

This photo was taken on her last camping trip at the beginnning of April. She had Dementia and we 'lost' her for about 10 mins when we put the tent up. This is where we found her fast asleep where she slept for a couple of hours. :D

Snoopie was and is a legend. I love my Snoopie Xxxxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Our little JRT Maisie was PTS yesterday.

She was 15 years 1 month and 11 days old and brought us joy for every single second of that time.

I don't know how we got through yesterday and so far, today hasn't been any better.

At least we have her daughter Coco and granddaughter Spanner.

RIP Maisie - 08/09/95 - 19/10/10
    XXX
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiny (we took you in 1983) my OH said when he see her *I've just seen THE most ugliest cat ever* :( She was a dark tortie with beautiful markings , she belonged to an old lady a couple of doors away,,,,the old lady died and she stayed with us until 1990, she was ill and died at the vets..:(

RIP Tiny 1983-1990
    Jesse 1990-2002
    Ted 1990-2005
    Dolly 2001-2008 (I got her when she was two)
    My darling sisters puss
    Lil 1996-2010
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Biscuits. I will always love you, and I love going to see your little tree where your ashes are buried.

I wish you could have met Sheena- I would love nothing more than to take you both for a walk at the same time. She'd love you. Weird, she's quite hectic, but whenever we get near your tree she suddenly becomes really quiet and well-behaved; I think she must know, or at least be able to tell that it's a special place for me.

Sadly, some dumb prick decided the pavement was a good place to dump his chicken bones, and whoever it was, I hate them forever.

Sorry, hating stuff was never really your thing. But I miss you.

If there's anywhere nice dogs go when they die, I hope you're having an awesome time with Mekong, Axel and Sadie again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such lovely memories from pet lovers.:(

Hopefully if we keep this thread going it will become a *sticky*:)
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP our ridiculously affectionate Holland Lop rabbit, Little Louie. She passed away late last night after appearing to become disorientated around dinner time (she had a stroke a few weeks back and we were warned she might have another) at the age of five and a half. Her mate, Houdini, was with her to the end, grooming her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP our ridiculously affectionate Holland Lop rabbit, Little Louie. She passed away late last night after appearing to become disorientated around dinner time (she had a stroke a few weeks back and we were warned she might have another) at the age of five and a half. Her mate, Houdini, was with her to the end, grooming her.

Awwww so sorry and so sad....(((hugs)))) :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have all lost at sometime our beautiful beloved babies its so sad,I thought in Memorandum thread would be nice so we could all pay tribute to our beloved pets.

Have you asked Forum Support to have a pinned thread.
    I think it's a good idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Have you asked Forum Support to have a pinned thread.
    I think it's a good idea.

Me too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Yes, reply below.

Hi,

Thanks for the message. We will monitor the activity of the thread in question over the next couple of days to determine whether or not to act upon this request.

Regards,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP My Chico

Died 2 years ago next month.

Such an adorable ball of fluff, we rescued him from living outside scrounging for food, took him into our home, our life, our hearts .. we loved watching him have a bath , especially when i licked his big fluffy tail like a lollypop .. caught him eating chocolate, teased him for being too soft as he'd never bring us any mice or birds (not that we wanted them!) until one day he came in with a mouse placed gently in his mouth - little thing wasnt even hurt, it was like he'd come in with it to prove a point :D

He died of heart failure .. i never got to say goodbye when he was still alive, i'll never get over that part - but i know he'll be at rainbow bridge for me when its my time

Love you big man

From , Mummy xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's awful when you have to say goodbye and you are not with them.:( I feel for you mummy, I had to do the same with my late sisters puss,my sis died 7th July this year and her little girl was put to sleep 13th August. I had to tell the clinic to put her to sleep,she wasnt a well puss and they had done lots of tests but she was very weak and I had to tell the vet on the phone...:( I feel so guilty not being with her , also for my sisters memory my sis adored her little Lil.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mods can you please *PANN * this thread please.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP to little kitte my cousin took in from rescuer, only 5 weeks old but the poor darling was covered in fleas (although apparently had been flead) and little tummy was full of worms, my cousin said the little darling didnt have a chance , she took her to the vets but she died in my cousins arms.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought I'd *bump* this thread cos it needs to be *pinned or panned* not sure of the expression.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    i had to have my yorkie put to sleep in july this yr he was 17 so was a good age but i was absolutely heartbroken as i had had him since i was 7, he was such a loveable character though he could be grumpy lol and he loved playing football although they were often bigger than him!!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,964
    Forum Member
    mummymaz wrote: »
    RIP My Chico

Died 2 years ago next month.

Such an adorable ball of fluff, we rescued him from living outside scrounging for food, took him into our home, our life, our hearts .. we loved watching him have a bath , especially when i licked his big fluffy tail like a lollypop .. caught him eating chocolate, teased him for being too soft as he'd never bring us any mice or birds (not that we wanted them!) until one day he came in with a mouse placed gently in his mouth - little thing wasnt even hurt, it was like he'd come in with it to prove a point :D

He died of heart failure .. i never got to say goodbye when he was still alive, i'll never get over that part - but i know he'll be at rainbow bridge for me when its my time

Love you big man

From , Mummy xx

Awww. :(

R.i.P Chico.

(hug)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've had a couple of sad threads:( Thought I bump this thread..
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Such a lovely idea for a thread, and one I'm sad to say I must add too.

Our eldest cat Cane was pts this morning.

He gave us nigh on 20 years of love, purrs and laughs.
    We'll miss him so much, but will remember all his quirks with a smile.

Sleep tight old man, sleep tight. 1991 to 2010.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to hear about Cane, :(