Do you see Pete Burns as male or female?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete Burns appears more masculine than feminine in my opinion.

If you were to put his clothes and make up on a woman I don't think they would appear more feminine. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Why do so many people have this "box" mentality? What box do we fit Pete in? He / She / It / Gay / Straight / Bi / Tranny / Freak. Just because his personal dress sense does not fit into some peoples narrow definition of what a "man" should wear, he cannot be a man? He so obviously is.
    Its OK for women to wear trousers now. It wasn't a few decades ago. Men used to wear make-up and wigs and flouncy clothes too (thinks Blackadder costumes of recent years).
    Live and let live. Diversity rules.
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I see Pete as a Drama Queen and a Bully.
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote:
    ... It's just sometimes I don't know if he is male or female...

By why do you need to know? Why does it matter to you? He is a human being and he knows what he is. What matter if he is in possession of a penis, wig or stilettos? Any more than his sexual preferences, skin colour or choice of bedtime reading?
  • whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote:
    I see him as a nasty, hate filled man..

my thoughts exactly ..... he is probably bald too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    IntoSoap wrote:
    No she wasnt. It was just that drag people in America thought Patsy looked like a man..

-IntoSoap

Actually, Patsy WAS a man - the episode in the second series where they go to Morroco has flashbacks to Patsy before her sex change operation... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Pete is a freak! I don't see him as a man or a woman!
    Forum Member
    djrosyb wrote:
    Actually, Patsy WAS a man - the episode in the second series where they go to Morroco has flashbacks to Patsy before her sex change operation... :rolleyes:

Absolutely!
    And Jo Lumley is FABULOUS!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    What is it that he wears under his clothes? It looks like a cod piece from the front and a sanitary towel from the back???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IntoSoap wrote:
    No she wasnt. It was just that drag people in America thought Patsy looked like a man..

-IntoSoap

You are obviously not much of an Ab Fab fan or else you would remember the flashback sequence where a bearded Patsy goes to Tangiers (?) for the operation. The point is that the storyline was inconsistent with an earlier storyline which showed Patsy and Edwina as schoolgirls.

The Ab Fab team allowed themselves a great deal of artistic licence with the plot-line but then they were striving for laughs not for strict continuity. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote:
    Pete just sort of seems too pretty to be a male..
    QUOTE]

Pretty :confused: This guy looks like he's been slapped with a plank :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Pete as male, female and neither gender, which is sort of what he's going for, I think. Fine by me. I don't see it's important.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I see him as Pete Burns. I don't bother to give him a gender tag because he is unique.
    I've noticed that an awful lot of people have bad things to say about Mr. Burns, but if these same people were honest they might admit that he is one of the main reasons they've been watching CBB. Love him or loathe him he's added to the mix like no other participant.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote:
    You are obviously not much of an Ab Fab fan or else you would remember the flashback sequence where a bearded Patsy goes to Tangiers (?) for the operation. The point is that the storyline was inconsistent with an earlier storyline which showed Patsy and Edwina as schoolgirls.

The Ab Fab team allowed themselves a great deal of artistic licence with the plot-line but then they were striving for laughs not for strict continuity. ;)

I thought Patsy was born female but decided to have a sex change to become a man and then changed her mind again and became a female once more.
  • aceyaceyaceyacey Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote:
    Or perhaps a bit of both..
    I see him as a female like Patsy out of Ab Fab, with a diva attitude.
    And you??

Pete is a fanciful illusion, a chimera. He does not want us see or get to know him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Male, he aint no woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "tackle" that he displays so openly and the tatoos suggest a male but he wears a female mask and displays the hissing and striking skills of a snake
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i have nothing against peoples life choices - im pritty liberal myself

But i do see Pete as a man, but if he wants to be a she then i should refer to him as a her...

Still honestly the lips make me cringe - there are good looking TV's(honest!), but this person looks like he has a Venus-fly trap for a mouth!

sorry that’s harsh but that’s what ic - freedom of speech hehe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    To paraphrase the great philosopher Shania Twain:

'Man, he feels like a woman.'

Sorry, lame gag. :o

I definately see him as a bloke (*), but in the same way I see Lily Savage as a bloke, if that makes the slightest bit of sense. And, as many wise posters have already said, not that it matters to anyone other than Mr Burns himself.

(*) though occasionally he looks like a smug cat in lycra.
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    He's neither man nor woman. He is an alien species all his own. Wicked, exotic and fascinating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont have to think about it for a second, by turns frustrating, spiteful, witty, bitchy, intelligent, flamboyant, mesmerising but always male
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    He reminds me of Prescilla Beaulieu Presley. Both look like mad china dolls in one of those horror films.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FireHorse wrote:
    Why do so many people have this "box" mentality? What box do we fit Pete in? He / She / It / Gay / Straight / Bi / Tranny / Freak. Just because his personal dress sense does not fit into some peoples narrow definition of what a "man" should wear, he cannot be a man? He so obviously is.
    Its OK for women to wear trousers now. It wasn't a few decades ago. Men used to wear make-up and wigs and flouncy clothes too (thinks Blackadder costumes of recent years).
    Live and let live. Diversity rules.

Totally agree.

This possibly the most sensible post regarding Pete on this board.

FireHorse - I salute you. :cool:
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesn't someone go up and ask him when he gets out?
    That I'd like to see!
  • TeachingStaffTeachingStaff Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I see him as female