The Amy Winehouse Appreciation Thread

ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought it was appropriate because as we all know she has passed. I have Back to Black and Frank on repeat.

Love you Amy. Your music will live forever.

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually can't believe there wasn't one already started...still gutted at the news...RIP :(:cry:

'A nightingale no longer singing'....
  • You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Love Is a Losing Game is amazing. I love the demo version on the Back To Black Special Edition.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I froze to the spot when I heard the news and it's only because I'm in such shock that I haven't cried yet. She was so amazing, I've been growing to love Back to Black more and more over the past year and I can't believe this has happened. RIP Amy, you will never be forgotten.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    I froze to the spot when I heard the news and it's only because I'm in such shock that I haven't cried yet. She was so amazing, I've been growing to love Back to Black more and more over the past year and I can't believe this has happened. RIP Amy, you will never be forgotten.

I had the same reaction. I thought it was some kind of sick hoax but it still feels like a hoax to me. I'm still in shock.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    It's great to have one for Amy. R.I.P.:cry:

I don't think another British vocalist has swept in and took everything like this; media attention, critical acclaim, success, style, controversiality, attitude...

I don't want to start a ''fan-war'' or create any animosity because I like her a lot, but it really shows how pale an imitation the likes of Adele are to the wonderful Ms. Winehouse. The pure... swagger that she brought was amazing. She managed to be super-confident, down to earth, happy and heartbroken all the time, even when she was going hard.

You'll be greatly missed, Amy.:(
  • jack soonjack soon Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A True talent who never looked at ease with the performing side. Maybe if she'd been a little less successful she could have coped better with the pressure - we'll never know.
    Everyone has their likes and dislikes but I don't know anyone who doesn't rave about "Back to Black". A true masterpiece - and although the tempo varies it never strays from her true style.
    Many imitators - none came close
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did seem a rediculous statement! i mean there are always rumours, and now we have lost her.

She was mad, creative and had a rich voice and unique image and i was getting ready for her to slowly comeback into the mainstream and push a new album of material out and just rock it! And now she has gone at a rediculously young age.

She covered a load of ground though through to albums. I only own Back To Black ABSOLUTE gem when i recieved it Christmas 2007 i think! was practically obsessed :D that Soulful, rich, wintery vibes i had from it! And i really wanted her to have more releases, promotion and push herself forward so we could see a post-darkened Amy! One that had been through the rough and show how it is done.

She will be missed! But never forgotten, I mean how can it be possible??

RIP Amy! X
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think another British vocalist has swept in and took everything like this; media attention, critical acclaim, success, style, controversiality, attitude...

I don't want to start a ''fan-war'' or create any animosity because I like her a lot, but it really shows how pale an imitation the likes of Adele are to the wonderful Ms. Winehouse. The pure... swagger that she brought was amazing. She managed to be super-confident, down to earth, happy and heartbroken all the time, even when she was going hard.

Completely agree with everything you said. Amy's
    personality was just so fiery!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We Only Said Goodbye With Words...
    Forum Member
    I only hope she went peacefully without any pain. It broke my heart a few weeks ago to read the reports that doctors told her she would die, to know that she understood she could be entering her final year or so (although I never imagined it would happen so soon). I just hope, like all of us, she had no idea it was coming when the moment came and she found some peace.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i guess i`m still in shock. although, unfortunately it is not a huge surprise. i think it is a terrible waste of talent. i was so looking to her new album and was sure we didn't have much longer to wait.
    Forum Member
    cm1992 wrote: »
    We Only Said Goodbye With Words...

I cried a hundred times...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Devasting watching the news a lost soul who had a truly unique voice, I hope Amy finds some peace now..R.I.P Goodnight godbless. Thoughts to her family, friends and fans xx.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching The Back To Black video. Was Amy predicting her own death in the video? I mean it says "The heart of Amy Winehouse". :(
    Forum Member
    I only hope she went peacefully without any pain. It broke my heart a few weeks ago to read the reports that doctors told her she would die, to know that she understood she could be entering her final year or so (although I never imagined it would happen so soon). I just hope, like all of us, she had no idea it was coming when the moment came and she found some peace.

It is said that she predicted that she would be dead at 27.

I wonder what really happened though. It could have been overdose, her body could have just given up, and she also suffered from depression - it's well documented that she cut herself...:(
    Forum Member
    Back to Black could apparently hit #1 tomorrow. It would be a nice farewell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have hit it on the nail there Mr F...as always :)

Amy was so unique with it, she was grounded and spoke for us all, i mean she was absolutely MAD! But we loved it and wanted more. With Adele it is....this is my song about my ex boyfriend...."ohmygosh she sings great, no theatrics oh wow, legend....etc." But with Amy it was more than standing there and vocals it was everything! And I never had the chance to see her live :( just televised and on You Tube.

Also it can be argued wthout Amys influence and growth in our eyes, would Duffy, Adele etc be so massive??? i doubt it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to Black could apparently hit #1 tomorrow. It would be a nice farewell.

On iTunes. On official chart next week. But it could revisit top 100 tomorrow. Frank will probably go top 10 for the first time too.
    Forum Member
    It is said that she predicted that she would be dead at 27.

I wonder what really happened though. It could have been overdose, her body could have just given up, and she also suffered from depression - it's well documented that she cut herself...:(

Well, as it's unexplained, that seems to indicate there are no obvious causes of death, which, fingers crossed, could imply that she just died, just like that. I couldn't bear it if she knew she was dying in her final minutes. :(

But I agree, part of me thinks she knew deep down for the last few years that she was not far away from death and that she had given up. I posted on here after the European performance that she was going to die, as an instinctive reaction, so I did know deep down I suppose - I think we all did.
    Forum Member
    ICON111 wrote: »
    On iTunes. On official chart next week. But it could revisit top 100 tomorrow. Frank will probably go top 10 for the first time too.

Thanks for that, fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    You have hit it on the nail there Mr F...as always :)

Amy was so unique with it, she was grounded and spoke for us all, i mean she was absolutely MAD! But we loved it and wanted more. With Adele it is....this is my song about my ex boyfriend...."ohmygosh she sings great, no theatrics oh wow, legend....etc." But with Amy it was more than standing there and vocals it was everything! And I never had the chance to see her live :( just televised and on You Tube.

Also it can be argued wthout Amys influence and growth in our eyes, would Duffy, Adele etc be so massive??? i doubt it!

I was lucky enough to see Amy live three times, and all times were on her good nights. :)

She was a great performer when she wanted to be.:cool:
    Forum Member
    Well, as it's unexplained, that seems to indicate there are no obvious causes of death, which, fingers crossed, could imply that she just died, just like that. I couldn't bear it if she knew she was dying in her final minutes. :(

But I agree, part of me thinks she knew deep down for the last few years that she was not far away from death and that she had given up. I posted on here after the European performance that she was going to die, as an instinctive reaction, so I did know deep down I suppose - I think we all did.

I just feel horrible that performance will be remembered as her last. She could have given so much more. I saw it myself.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back To Black has already sold 2.4 million in the UK alone. Getting back to #1 will be a massive achievement!
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to believe she's gone. Just couldn't believe it when I heard the news announcing that she was dead. Its very sad and very tragic.

Here's Amy singing "You sent me flying".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjNLCbIMzZs&feature=related
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    Back To Black has already sold 2.4 million in the UK alone. Getting back to #1 will be a massive achievement!

It would and it should! Lets make it Diamond :cool: