Favorite Sci-Fi or Fantasy Show?

What is your favorite Sci-Fi or Fantasy TV Show? Mine at the moment is Merlin.

Comments

• Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are Being Human and Fringe.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once upon a time right now looking forward to the new spin off.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In recent years it's Battlestar Galactica
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The X-Files by a country mile.
    Although, I wasn't a fan of the latter seasons, but still great television. The early seasons were just brilliant though - scary, thrilling and intriguing. And there's not many TV characters that are iconic as Fox and Scully :cool:.
  • moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Star Maidens,70s
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    For me, it's difficult to choose.

It's a fight between BSG, SG-1, and Buffy.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,405
    Forum Member
    I guess it would be Star Trek: TNG and Babylon 5 - both awesome series.
  • TPKingTPKing Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Firefly :)
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vaguely remember loving "The Champions " in the late 60's early 70's " Land of the Giants " and " Voyage to the bottom of the sea " Latterly it's been "Buffy "
  • ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones closely followed by B5
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FRINGE always.... there will never be anything greater imo
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard choice. BSG out of the recent ones, although I have every episode of both B5 and Firefly on DVD.

Obviously the Firefly box set didn't exactly cost the earth, good job with it being used up and all.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Who and Game Of Thrones all the way.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Sci-fi and fantasy have claimed the spot for my two favourite TV shows of all.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer comes first. The character writing was amazing, the Whedonism's were classic and the whole thing still stands up well today. Season 5 was probably my favourite, though there was much to commend across the whole seven series run.

The X Files comes a close second, with quite subtle but very deep characterisation. It was rich and diverse, also standing up well today. And as a break from the apparent majority... I love the later seasons too. In fact Season 9 is my second favourite after Season 6. :)

Honourable mentions to Doctor Who (and it's spin-offs), Primeval (and it's spin-off), Ghost Whisperer and Heroes.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sci-fi and fantasy have claimed the spot for my two favourite TV shows of all.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer comes first. The character writing was amazing, the Whedonism's were classic and the whole thing still stands up well today. Season 5 was probably my favourite, though there was much to commend across the whole seven series run.

The X Files comes a close second, with quite subtle but very deep characterisation. It was rich and diverse, also standing up well today. And as a break from the apparent majority... I love the later seasons too. In fact Season 9 is my second favourite after Season 6. :)
    Honourable mentions to Doctor Who (and it's spin-offs), Primeval (and it's spin-off), Ghost Whisperer and Heroes.

*Gives you a fist bump* :cool: :D:)
    The X-Files at its peak was just ridiculously good. Good choice, even if it's not your first choice :p.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Quantum Leap

Fringe
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) My favOurite show has to be Battlestar Galactica - the ending was disappointing for me, but up to that point stellar TV.

2) Game of Thones - fantastic stuff!

3) X Files - loved this when it was on.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Red Dwarf
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In no particular order....BSG, Dr Who, X-Files, SGU, GoT, DS-9, Firefly, Thunderbirds, Space 1999, Blakes 7 (last three were more for how they impacting on my imagination as a youngster), Being Human, Star Trek: TOS, Firefly, Buffy, The 4400......I'm sure I could think of more if I tried :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buffy
    X files
    Fringe
    Xena: warrior princess
    Charmed
    Ghost Whisperer
    Medium
    Dead Like Me
    Pushing Daisies
    Dollhouse
    Sanctuary
    Warehouse 13
    Haven
    True Blood
    The Vampire Diaries
    Supernatural
    Smallville

These are the ones i have enjoyed in the past and present. But Xena, Buffy and X files are my ultimate top 3.
  • Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For currently airing "Shingeki no Kyojin" ("Attack on Titan" in English), for all time "Babylon 5".
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Buffy/Angel are joint first.

Doctor Who/Supernatural/The X-Files are joint second.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Buffy is my all time favourite, but I also love shows like Supernatural, True Blood and Lost Girl.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angel
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    *Gives you a fist bump* :cool: :D:)
    The X-Files at its peak was just ridiculously good. Good choice, even if it's not your first choice :p.

If Gillian Anderson can be her own choice, then I'll happily put that ahead of Buffy and The X Files :p:D