Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,164
    Forum Member
    Singin' in the Rain (1952) - 9/10
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Frances Ha, 9/10
    Best film I've seen this year, incredibly heart warming, I didn't want it to end, utterly charming.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Contagion.

8/10

Very disturbing, very unsettling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    The Wolverine 4.5/10

Formularic predictable, bit silly and full of plotholes and continuity issues.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Kids Are All Right - 7/10 - enjoyable enough, a bit slow at times, but great performances from all the main cast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrath of the Titans - 6.5 ish / 10 I'm still not sure if I enjoyed this or not. It seemed to have the quest credentials of a classic Sinbad type movie but there's something dry about the CGI monsters instead of Ray Harryhausen skellingtons somehow. Then it seemed to be a lot of big set piece noisy battles. It didn't really hold my interest.

Savages - 6/10. Despite a couple of big names and a promise of violence and action is was a bit slow and I never really cared whether the 3 main protagonists died or not. Hayek's fringe was appalling.

The Edge of Darkness - 6.5/10 - Political thriller with Mel Gibson demonstrating grief by walking about in a trench coat and not swinging his arms. Ray Winstone's sinister English fixer didn't require him to break sweat to be the highlight of the movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just watched Dying Breed ( from Poundland :D)

not bad for a quid, and was Australian with the guy from Wolf Creek who played Ben Mitchell ..( (Australian films are quite good )
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Sweet Vengeance (2012) 6/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snow White and the Huntsman - 6.5/10 I'd have probably quite enjoyed it for £2 from my local video shop in 1983 when I was enjoying a sword and sandals phase.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Stoker - 8.5/10

Looked gorgeous, acted so well, but just lacking something and I'm not sure what.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    The Edge of Darkness - 6.5/10 - Political thriller with Mel Gibson demonstrating grief by walking about in a trench coat and not swinging his arms. Ray Winstone's sinister English fixer didn't require him to break sweat to be the highlight of the movie.
    Indeed. Dir. Martin Campbell directed the original TV series on which this was based - truly great, landmark telly etc.

Man of Steel

Boom! Bang! Swoon! 8/10

World War Z

Grr! Eek! Shhh! 7/10

Pacific Rim

Clang! Grind! Phut! 5/10
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Con Air 9/10 .. " put the bunny back in the box ! "...brilliant !

Footloose 1984 8/10 havent seen the recent version but the origional is always the best !...touching sweet film !

War Games 7/10 laughed at the dated computers in this film but it still hits a spot !

Dracula AD 1972 7/10 not as good as the old Drac films but still good !
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma_B_87 wrote: »
    The Sweeney 2/10
    So all the Flying Squad ever did was beat people to a pulp whilst calling them a slag - is that police work!. 30 years out of date and a theme tune thats just a horrible noise.
    On the plus side some of the night shots of london were beautiful.
    I'll be picking the film tonight me thinks:)

Love the origional Sweeney films paticular the brilliant 2nd one but this is terrible !
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Watched 2 films tonight Snow Flower and the Secret Fan 7/10 and In a Better World.8/10
  • mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Behind the candelabra

Loved rob lowe!
    7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    watched Gremlins 2 this morning

first one was rather cute, this one was rather ugly lol
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One Hundred and One Dalmations [1961]. Directors: Wolfgang Reitherman, Hamilton S. Luske & Clyde Geronimi

7/10

The Disney "classic"

Stolen Lives [2009]. Director: Anders Anderson

5/10

Abducted kid yarn tries to mix 2 cases over 2 time frames and gets a bit muddled.

Pauline à la Plage [1983]. Director: Eric Rohmer

8/10

Another elegant and beautiful Rohmer tale of relationships gone wrong.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Colony 5/10
    The Wolverine 7.5/10
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monsters University - 5/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Hick - 6/10
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Boy Wonder. Enjoyed it, prob give it 8/10
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man of Steel, so much better than I expected, been avoiding this until I ran out of stuff to watch, as I am not a big Superman fan, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Far more so than World War Z and Pacific Rim, which I had been looking forward to so much. 8/10

World War Z, crappy ending, setting up for a sequel, some nice set pieces but lacking overall. 7/10

Pacific Rim, disappointing but funny in places 5/10
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Wrath of the Titans (2012) 3/10
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Premium Rush - 7/10
    Had it on my sky planner for a while and never got round to it. Actually much better than I expected it to be.

Silver Linings Playbook - 8/10
    Anything with Bradley Cooper ;) A very good film and he was brilliant in it.
This discussion has been closed.