Insidious: Chapter 2

nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
Forum Member
Just seen that insidious will be getting a sequel this year and the trailer look pretty awesome! Anyone seen the first one?

Took me a while to get around to it, but it is a really good horror. No idea how the will explain the end of the first though...

http://www.trailer-geek.com/movie/insidious-2/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the first one was fairly sh!te to be honest
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the first one ... until Darth Maul showed up.

I'll definitely give the sequel a go, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lynn Shay is in it. I'll be there
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member

Bloody crapped myself when that happened!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First one was awful - looked like a low budget episode of Supernatural. Will check out the trailer for this though, just in case
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Insidious. Two half-decent shocks in the first half, then rubbish.

The 'other side' looked like a tacky heavy metal video.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Lynn Shay is in it. I'll be there

WOW! I only realised she was Magda from There's Something About Mary :p

Also
    I thought Elise died in the first film? Or perhaps since the trailer shows Josh going back into the Spiritual World, he communicates with her there (since I guess she may be there now.) Maybe he brings her back if that's possible
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Insidious was unintentionally hilarious. I am amazed that it actually frightened some movie goers.

And Darth Maul showing up was just mental.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Same, it was really good until the end
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    I thought Insidious was unintentionally hilarious. I am amazed that it actually frightened some movie goers.

And Darth Maul showing up was just mental.

I really liked Insidious, I wasn't scared but it did make me a little creeped out :)
  • geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a trailer for this today and I just thought "why?" it looks pretty poor, the first one was alright until the second half kicked in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, so if you enjoyed the first one, there's a chance you'll enjoy this. It certainly has a more comedic feel, intentional or not. It also answers a few questions posed by the first, which works well.

The problem however, is the 15 certificate. Obviously that's were all the money is made these days, but trying to make a 'horror' film for this age bracket is just pointless. Unless you're a real ninny that jumps when someone says 'boo' - in which case, you'll be scared ****less.

But if you enjoyed the first, then you pretty much know what to expect.

Review here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    The problem however, is the 15 certificate. Obviously that's were all the money is made these days, but trying to make a 'horror' film for this age bracket is just pointless. Unless you're a real ninny that jumps when someone says 'boo' - in which case, you'll be scared ****less.

Both Insidious movies were a PG-13 in the US, which is the equivalent of the 12A rating over here (got to admit though that i think some of the imagery in Insidious is a bit too strong for a 12A). I feel that the two Insidious movies were pretty good for PG-13 horrors though, they certainly push the boundary of the PG-13 rating (the sequel is better than the original in my opinion, partly because of no hilarious Darth Maul cameo).

The UK 15 rating is perfectly fine for most horror movies (even The Shining and Evil Dead II are only rated 15 these days), you can have a perfectly good horror movie be rated 15 over here. The only horror movies that are rated 18 today are the ones that feature strong bloody violence, and a haunted house movie doesn't particularly need that. While watching the Insidious double bill last night at Cineworld i never once thought that they'd made concessions for a lower rating, unlike the poor The Woman In Black (2012) which was clearly made with 12 year olds in mind after they'd cast Daniel Radcliffe and wanted to rope in the Harry Potter crowd.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame if this as bad as the DS review suggests. There is a probably unintentionally funny moment in the trailer that made me think hmm...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    tombigbee wrote: »
    It's a shame if this as bad as the DS review suggests. There is a probably unintentionally funny moment in the trailer that made me think hmm...

It's not, infact it's quite enjoyable, and if I'm honest I enjoyed it more than the first film. The film is also absolutely not "incoherent" as the DS reviewer suggests, he/she clearly didn't understand it if they thought it was incoherent. The DS reviews are generally best ignored anyway, I've seen them give poor review scores a lot lately, and 9 times of of 10 I've enjoyed the film that they slate. They're not masterpieces by an stretch of the imagination, but they haven't deserved the 1 and 2 star drubbings that DS has given them.
  • Owen_KentOwen_Kent Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    wow didn't know they is going to be part 2, I enjoyed the 1st one. it was creepy and scary :D

Looking forward to the 2nd one and glad Patrick Wilson as Josh is coming back for this sequal. he is sexy ;)
  • phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the new one was brilliant, well thought out too.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Insideous is already a huge success, making $41 million in its first night (already paying all costs to make/market the film). Pretty impressive, to be fair.