lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Cant stand her whiney false voice so it's a no girl to me

Comments

• BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite liking this. It's funny in a light hearted way.
  • choochoochoochoo Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has promise
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked that! :D
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It gets so much better!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Densino wrote: »
    It gets so much better!!

Totally agree
  • HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was ok, given it was a pilot but still don't know why its not on E4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    It was ok, given it was a pilot but still don't know why its not on E4.

Channel 4 need new shows for their comedy line up, E4's schedule is pretty much full and it's doing well in the states. Other than that, no reason at all....
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    Cant stand her whiney false voice so it's a no girl to me

I'm the opposite. I think Zooey herself is adorable, but I'm not going to watch a show just because of that, and the style of comedy isn't my taste.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I literally watched the first 9 episodes in 2 days after watching first episode on 4od. I love it, Zooey is hilarious reminds me of myself a lot which is quite awkward seeing as shes meant to be a bit of a weirdo.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anachrony wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. I think Zooey herself is adorable,

Me too, i'd watch her doing a Tory Party Broadcast :)

meeech wrote: »
    Zooey is hilarious reminds me of myself a lot .

Will you marry me then?:D:D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd put money on the girl ending up with the barman
  • Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even I liked it and the last thing I liked like this was friends and have found nothing else like that until this popped up last night. Things like this have been done since friends ended with groups in flats etc but this keeped me watching and has great potential
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I didn't love it, I can see the potential. I think it will be worth the investment of watching it to the end of the season at the least. I would not compare it to Friends as I thought that was pretty much brilliant from the off. This at the moment is comparable with the E4 show Happy Endings, it might just edge it slightly, but there is the same kind of humour and the characters feel similar even though they are different.

I believe it gets better though and this is why I will stick with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will give it one more week, just feel its another low quality US comedy, just like another How I met youe mother, almost too stupid to keep me interested for long.
    IMO there appears to be so many of these style of US comedys being released over last few years. Just wish the US would move back more towwards their comedy style of 10 years or so ago.
  • drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, though I can see why other people might take a strong dislike to it. I read a couple of things beforehand that suggested ZD's character was just plain irritating, but as long as you don't have a low tolerance of kookiness you should be fine.

I thought the dialogue was quite quick-fire at times; I feel like I should go back and watch it again as I think I missed out on one or two gags first time around.
  • amo1980amo1980 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will probably have to give this a few episodes to decide what i really think of it... the problem i have is that i love emily deschanel sooo much in bones... especially the goofiness of her character in the funny bits, and anytime i see zooey i just end up thinking how amazing emily would be in those 'quirky' kinda roles, which distracts a bit :-) will definitley give it a go tho :-)
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched it and quite liked it for one episode.. will stick to it for few more...
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This seems like Elliot from Scrubs: The Series.
  • amo1980amo1980 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    This seems like Elliot from Scrubs: The Series.

i can see that... OMG, how great would that series be!!! :p
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any goodwill I had for Zooey Deschanel evaporated quickly after watching the show. I find her almost insufferable as the lead but I enjoy the rest of the cast and characters so I stick it out for them. It's not Raising Hope good, but it's still a enjoyable show bar the lead.
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I set this to record but we haven't had time to watch anything the last couple of days, so I came on to see what the consensus was.
    Sounds like the majority like it. We are fans of the "D" sisters, so I hope we enjoy, especially whilst Bones is on a break.
    We like the humour of Raising Hope too so it may be up our street.
  • GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She sounds just like her Boney Big Sister !

Same eyes too.

But half of one episode was enough for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO there appears to be so many of these style of US comedys being released over last few years. Just wish the US would move back more towwards their comedy style of 10 years or so ago.

The 00's were less sitcomy than the 90's. It sounds like you're basing your impressions on a misrepresentative sample.

Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Community, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Parks And Recreation, Party Down, Archer, Weeds, Head Case, Venture Bros, etc. Whether you like them or not, there are plenty of US comedies that are not at all in the Two And A Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory sitcom mold. Unfortunately New Girl seems to fall in the latter category, and the UK seems more likely to import those than the better ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Anachrony wrote: »
    The 00's were less sitcomy than the 90's. It sounds like you're basing your impressions on a misrepresentative sample.

Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Community, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Parks And Recreation, Party Down, Archer, Weeds, Head Case, Venture Bros, etc. Whether you like them or not, there are plenty of US comedies that are not at all in the Two And A Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory sitcom mold. Unfortunately New Girl seems to fall in the latter category, and the UK seems more likely to import those than the better ones.
    I love sitcoms, I think it's rather dismissive to dislike a show based on it's genre. I don't like historical drams, but I love the BBC's version of Sherlock. I don't like horror, but I love The Walking Dead. Obviously, you're welcom to your opinion but I think you should maybe give some of the less obvious sitcoms a chance before you make generalisations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love sitcoms, I think it's rather dismissive to dislike a show based on it's genre.

Some of the shows I listed are actually sitcoms by genre. They're just a bit less conventional, with edgier humor. It was just an oversimplified way to convey the point.