Cancelling

sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
Forum Member
✭✭
I joined VM November last year but due to poor service status I cancelled inside 28 days.

Anyway, the problems were identified and resolved and I was approached by VM to return - which I did.

Today I received an email saying my prices were increasing next month, can I ring and envoke the T's & C's to cancel based on the price rise.

I'm not happy to say the least!

Comments

• R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you can. You have 30 days of receiving that letter to cancel. It says so in the small print on the letter.

I have received this letter myself (all customers are) but I am not under contract anymore, so I can cancel at any time.
  • sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unbelievable!!!

Rang CS and asked to cancel based on the price rises - they refused. Stated that, and I quote;

"when we reconnected you following our call to advise the service status was now rectified and the faults cleared did you not think to ask about the price rises?"

After biting my lip I kindly advised the agent that had I have been formally told about how much my package was increasing by, then I would have made enquiries, however all the information I had was the customer news section of the Virgin website which advised that customers would be receiving letters or emails advising of the rise, specifically for them.

After 50 minutes of arguing with a manager they backed down and agreed to cancel, but not before saying that I should have read the terms and conditions. When I queried those with the manager, they couldn't advise what my rights were! stating that there were too many to remember (conveniently)

Anyway, good riddance to Virgin, total joke and an abysmal service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Yeah sps1013 has a point.
    I took the option to opt out in Nov 2012 after I got the letter about the price hike.
    Last week I got phoned from a debit agency twice saying I owe £180. When I explained I was told there only after the cash and if I have a dispute then phone VM.

Now over the last few days Ive spent hours on 0845 No talking to Philippine people that have been given English names. lol

Anyway I'm guessing I wont be far away from £40 in phone bills but after 2 hours tonight I eventually got through to a lovely man called Douglas at the Airdrie branch that deals with VM and I've now been told it should be sorted.

I've been with Telewest/Virgin since the 56k phone line over 20 years service always upgrading. Before I quit I was £100 a month.

I always used to defend VM but they days are now over there customer service stinks.

Im a few miles away from Airdrie which is outside Glasgow and I'll visit and leave a nice card with a small cash pre paid card for Douglas as he out of the many that I had to speak to had manners and common sense.

The quicker Sky or Bt can get quick broadband in my area the better. Though VM will never get another penny off me.
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I rang CS earlier in the week to see if my BB speed could be upgraded from 100mb to 120mb d/l and from 4 to 10 u/l, I got through to the call centre in India. The lady I got put through to was very sweet and polite but she couldn't get my d/l speed up so an engineer was book for the afternoon, the next day.

Then the following morning i got put through to the Scottish call centre and 'Gary' totally fixed everything and was pleased with the result.

I think it is a question of training. I don't trust the Indian centres, especially after one CS adviser wanted remotely access my computer, a few months ago.
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I rang CS earlier in the week to see if my BB speed could be upgraded from 100mb to 120mb d/l and from 4 to 10 u/l, I got through to the call centre in India. The lady I got put through to was very sweet and polite but she couldn't get my d/l speed up so an engineer was book for the afternoon, the next day.

Then the following morning i got put through to the Scottish call centre and 'Gary' totally fixed everything and was pleased with the result.

I think it is a question of training. I don't trust the Indian centres, especially after one CS adviser wanted remotely access my computer, a few months ago.
    I refuse to talk the the Indian call centre. I will just hang up and try again. I want to speak to someone who speaks the language and actually lives and works in the country I live, they will have more knowledge on most things than those living in another country.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member
    I always used to defend VM but they days are now over there customer service stinks.

You just need to know how to work the system. You wouldn't have fared any better with Sky, as far as I'm aware they have NO call centers based on UK shores.

To get decent customer service with VM you have to do one of the following; A) Call first thing in the morning to get a UK call center. B) Contact the CEO's office. C) Contact the VM Twitter team. D) Select "thinking of leaving Virgin Media" during a phone call. All of the afore mentioned get great results.

I never bother phoning India for faults or complaints, it's utterly pointless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I completely agree about overseas call centres. With Virgin I just put the phone down. The reason is just plain and simple, they often struggle with English, they repeat everything you say and with a 1-2 second delay this gets really irritating. I have never had a problem resolved by the overseas chaps and Manilla is just as bad. Get put through to Scotland and the guys sort you out in half the time and it's fixed.
    Often believe that any company that relies on overseas call centres is quite happy to provide a secondary level of service and actually is only prepared to give a second rate service to it's client base. These guys are just trying to do a job but frankly they just don't come up to scratch really and Virgin knows that, so they could do something about it.
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Timotei75 wrote: »
    You wouldn't have fared any better with Sky, as far as I'm aware they have NO call centers based on UK shores.

They have plenty of UK based call centres , Livingston , Newcastle , Leeds , Sheffield to name but a few.
  • ShaunWShaunW Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Timotei75 wrote: »
    You just need to know how to work the system. You wouldn't have fared any better with Sky, as far as I'm aware they have NO call centers based on UK shores.

Scotland have not had a referendum yet, so they are still part of the UK.
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member

Now over the last few days Ive spent hours on 0845 No talking to Philippine people that have been given English names. lol

That is clearly a gap in your knowledge as this is not the case. The Phillipines has a lost of western cultural influence so there are much more traditionally western names there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have plenty of UK based call centres , Livingston , Newcastle , Leeds , Sheffield to name but a few.

Yes but try and find a number to ring.
  • Troy TempestTroy Tempest Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    gerr60 wrote: »
    Yes but try and find a number to ring.

020 7126 7020 Customer Service

01383 814000 Dunfirmline Reception

01506 484000 Livingston Reception

You only have to ask :)