Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• blackrockblackrock Posts: 3,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to say, I met Duke Special after a concert in Dublin in August, and he was very kind and friendly, and chatted with people for ages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tommy_tank wrote: »
    I can't imagine Gordon Brown will have been shopping in Tesco's, not in the last 10 years anyway and certainly not without a load of security guys surrounding him.

You'd be wrong then :D I was sitting at traffic lights in Kirkcaldy (a town in Scotland) about 3-4 years ago, going to pick up my girlfriend and just then, as I was waited at the traffic lights, Gordon Brown and his wife walked across the road in front of me. No security, no nothing. Just a casual stroll across the road.

On a side note, this year when travelling in america I saw Cherie Blair in the duty free on Newark airport. Didn't speak to her but she seemed nice enough when speaking to staff.

Also saw John C McGinley (Dr. Cox from Scrubs) with his wife and baby in the same airport and again, they seemed fairly chipper.
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On a side note, this year when travelling in america I saw Cherie Blair in the duty free on Newark airport. Didn't speak to her but she seemed nice enough when speaking to staff.

I've seen one or two people who've met Cherie Blair say she's very charming, and as much as I might detest the woman in general I can easily believe that. I think she's probably a very witty lady, too, if she wants to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Koo Stark: Absolutely different class. Lovely, lovely lady & was a joy to speak to. The Royal family missed a trick there. She's all class.

Danni Minogue: Class act. Lovely lady.

Alex Higgins: It was early in the day & he looked as though he hadn't had a drink, so I might have been lucky, but he was very, very witty. Tremendous fun.

Bobby George: Nice fellah.

Peter O'Toole: Astonishing. Met him at Thirsk races of all places. Marvellous man & ended up spending 3/4hr with him. Dont get him started about Hitler!!!

Keith Deller: Rancid.

Ian Botham was rude & obnoxious, but he was under severe pressure at the time & everyone was pestering him, so I would excuse that.
  • GreenPixieGreenPixie Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi- this is my first post.
    I met Christopher Eccleston after a play at The Lowry and he was just lovely- bit embarrassed by the attention but really patient and sweet.
    Matthew Kelly is a local and always lovely. He used to play with my mum when they were kids and he's always exuberant around her- last time they met was his dad's funeral a few weeks ago and even in those circumstances he had time to giggle with an old pal.
    Met John Thompson at a kid's birthday party his daughter was attending. He was nice- quiet and unasuming- I face painted his daughter as a fox! She was very well behaved:D
    My dad met Margaret Thatcher- thought she was ok actually but absolutely tiny.
    Met Duncan Goodhew when I was 8- smiley and bouyant.
    Brian Blessed- he was playing Old Deuteronomy in Cats and stayed on stage during the Interval to sign autographs- absolute sweetheart!
    Machine Head- at a record signing, really spaced out but sweet guys.
    I've not had any bad experiences but my best mate used to work at The Lowry and some actors were right prats- the one that sticks in my mind is the chappy who played Fred Elliot in Corrie. He flounced in demanding to see on of the theatres because he might have to appear on the stage one day!

Pixie x
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of politicians, I've seen Welsh First Minister in a supermarket, and scruffily dressed at a cricket match in recent years. He has a high profile in Wales but leads a remarkably normal life. That said, I disagree with him about pretty much everything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    moonbaby wrote: »

Not Nice
    Yvette Fielding. Apparently she is a bit of a cow to work for on Most Haunted. Why do you think the other people on the show don't stick around very long? Allegedly she got rid of Derek Acorah not because he was a fake but because she thought he was becoming the star of the show- Derek on the other hand is meant to be a nice man.

Any more stories like this?

thats quite interesting...i went to see most haunted live and met most of the other people on the show and they were all lovely, but didn't meet yvette so don't know. she seems like she would be really cool in real life, but maybe there was a reason she wasn't with the others when we met them...i dunno...
  • DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Squire wrote: »
    K
    Alex Higgins: It was early in the day & he looked as though he hadn't had a drink, so I might have been lucky, but he was very, very witty. Tremendous fun.
    Don't think this would count as meeting him but Alex Higgins once nearly poked my eye out with a snooker cue at Belfast airport. :)

PS Best snooker player ever IMO.
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both of these met on different Pride Days:

Graham Norton A lovely down to earth bloke with a good sense of humour. I met him before he became a name.

Sir Ian McKellan. A fab naughty man, made my girlfriend jealous at the time because he kissed me on the cheek, and she wasn't around to get one of her own.
  • ladybelladybel Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I have met Denis Healey (former labour chancellor from way back when for younger viewers!). He was quite, quite mad but in the nice way. Very short too.

Rolf Harris is every bit as lovely as you'd expect him to be. Saw him in a restaurant in China Town and he had to wait for a table, like everyone else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Recently met:

Lee Mead on 2 different occasions... really lovely guy.
    Rolf Harris - legend! Really lovely and friendly
    Jodie Prenger (Nancy) - lovely and down to earth
    Jason Donovan - Really nice
    Anthony Costa - Again really nice guy

And a celeb friend of mine has been appearing in a play with Simon Shepherd and Jenny Seagrove. Both really nice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    ladybel wrote: »
    I have met Denis Healey (former labour chancellor from way back when for younger viewers!). He was quite, quite mad but in the nice way. Very short too.

Rolf Harris is every bit as lovely as you'd expect him to be. Saw him in a restaurant in China Town and he had to wait for a table, like everyone else.

Posted at the same time about Rolf! A friend of mine appeared with him in a charity show at the Palace Theatre recently and I was introduced to him in the wings just before he went on stage. Lovely guy and watching him perform was brilliant
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work as a nightclub promoter putting acts on and have worked with a load of people.

Flo Rida earlier this month - really really nice guy, down to earth and has time for everyone, even though he was number 1 in the charts at the time!

JLS - Aston was a really really nice guy as was the other guy whose name escapes me - think its JB?? They stayed after the nightclub closed and chatted with us like normal about their upcoming album, about losing out to Alexandra and about other things such as Mariah and Whitney etc. The other 2 guys in the band didnt hang around and went to the hotel as soon as they stepped off the stage.

Lemar - he also attended when we did JLS in a nightclub as they were supporting him on his arena tour. He was arrogant, not in the mood, hard work and not the nicest person ever. I have met him previously and he was fine though so think it just depands when you catch him!

Akon - amazing performer, nice guy, was up for a chat. Really really funny and a pleasure to work with.

Neyo - again as above, amazingly nice guy and even though he is at the top of his game he made time to speak to as many people as possible. When he was due to leave the venue his car had been blocked in by someone parking in front of it, Neyos people went mad but Neyo just laughed it off and said that gives us an excuse to party for a bit longer. Brilliant guy.

KIG Family - they are the heads knees and toes guys and we did them 2 weeks ago. Will never work with them again, have worked with superstars but they were not a patch on these guys. They are enjoying their 15 minutes of fame and intend to get the most out of it. Really arrogant, above themselves and not very nice to work with.

There are many more but that will do for now!
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burbs wrote: »
    I work as a nightclub promoter putting acts on and have worked with a load of people.

Flo Rida earlier this month - really really nice guy, down to earth and has time for everyone, even though he was number 1 in the charts at the time!

JLS - Aston was a really really nice guy as was the other guy whose name escapes me - think its JB?? They stayed after the nightclub closed and chatted with us like normal about their upcoming album, about losing out to Alexandra and about other things such as Mariah and Whitney etc. The other 2 guys in the band didnt hang around and went to the hotel as soon as they stepped off the stage.

Lemar - he also attended when we did JLS in a nightclub as they were supporting him on his arena tour. He was arrogant, not in the mood, hard work and not the nicest person ever. I have met him previously and he was fine though so think it just depands when you catch him!

Akon - amazing performer, nice guy, was up for a chat. Really really funny and a pleasure to work with.

Neyo - again as above, amazingly nice guy and even though he is at the top of his game he made time to speak to as many people as possible. When he was due to leave the venue his car had been blocked in by someone parking in front of it, Neyos people went mad but Neyo just laughed it off and said that gives us an excuse to party for a bit longer. Brilliant guy.

KIG Family - they are the heads knees and toes guys and we did them 2 weeks ago. Will never work with them again, have worked with superstars but they were not a patch on these guys. They are enjoying their 15 minutes of fame and intend to get the most out of it. Really arrogant, above themselves and not very nice to work with.

There are many more but that will do for now!

Hadn't read the first line of your post and wondered what you meant by 'did' certain acts....made sense when I went back and read the first line....!!:D
  • ladybelladybel Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Posted at the same time about Rolf! A friend of mine appeared with him in a charity show at the Palace Theatre recently and I was introduced to him in the wings just before he went on stage. Lovely guy and watching him perform was brilliant

:) The man is indeed a legend x
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Gethin Jones this month at the Ideal Home Show and he was delightful. So friendly and really down to earth. What a lovely man!
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Bruce Grobbelaar about 9 years ago and he was lovely, a real gentleman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Julie Walters at a book signing and she was an absolute joy: chatty, fun and incredibly down to earth. She was only meant to sign for an hour but told us she would stay til the last customer had their book.
  • Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    The nicest celebs I've met are

Westlife
    Jimmy Carr
    Leon Jackson
    Simon Cowell.

The not so nice were Gillian McKeith, she was very upherself and Elaine C Smith.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodie Prenger (Nancy) - lovely and down to earth
    Jodie has always been very, very nice and gorgeous and sexy. Mind you I knew her when she was around 18 and I was late 20's so definitely pervy old man territory. Not that she would of touched me with a barge pole that is.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only "celeb" I've met is Lee Mead. He was lovely. Quite reserved but very charming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Stephanie Beacham last month at a signing,and she was so lovely,really nice to everyone. It was weird because she's such a big star and there were loads of people wanting to meet her,so she could have easily been a bit up herself because she was getting so much attention,so to speak,but she was so nice and normal. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    miss_chaos wrote: »
    I spent last Wednesday evening with Jamie Theakston and Harriet Scott (Heart fm breakfast) at the television awards, as I won a comp to sit with them in their box. They were both lovely.

Nigel Harman - met a couple of times. He is very nice

Richard and Lea from BB7. Won comp to go in limo with them to opening of celebrity Big Brother Hijack in January. Very friendly and chatty

Dermot O'Leary - met a few times and always talks to his fans

Louis Walsh and Danni Minogue came to speak to us when won VIP tkts to X Factor last yr. Nice of them to do that

Ben Shepherd at a MIchael Buble Magic radio event was friendly but his wife was not. She didn't want us to have photo taken with him. Ben happily posed for photo with us.

I've met loads of others who have all been friendly.

lol, forget all the celebs you've met, how on earth do you manage to win so many competitions?
  • desmenelopedesmenelope Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice:
    Lots of people from Smallville & Supernatural - though these were at fan events so I guess they were paid to be nice!
    Mr. Friendly from Lost - hilarious.
    Chunk from the Goonies - he did the Truffle Shuffle for us, I think he's a lawyer now! (not sure why I find that funny)
    Luke Perry - when he was on in the West End a few years ago. Quiet but really charming. Gorgeous and looks exactly the same as he did 15-odd years ago
    Nigel Havers - we nearly ran over him when he wasn't looking where he was going! But he came over and apologised most profusely
    Andre Agassi - very sweet, polite, friendly... can't believe I used to not like him
    Tim Henman - I walked smack bang into him and he said sorry and was very gentlemanly
    John Newcombe & John McEnroe - they were commentating the year I worked at Wimbledon and they'd stop and chat to me every day

Not so nice:
    Jim Courier - just rude and very short with people. Never heard of 'please' or 'thank you' apparently
    Both Williams sisters - they look straight through you and don't respond to a thing anyone says
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    I haven't met any famous people (apart from a few BBC reporters). I know people who have though:

Prince Charles - My grandad met Prince Charles and his party whilst hillwalking not far from Balmoral. Charles was really chatty and he even offered my grandad a lift back down the hill. My grandad declined. IDIOT!!! He could of got invited to the castle for tea.

Prince William - My friend's uncle was driving up the Angus glens when he saw two ramblers and decided to stop and ask if they needed a lift. They turned out to be Prince William and his police bodyguard. He drove them to the nearest town. William was really quiet and said barely anything. The police officer was really chatty though.

Matt Baker from Blue Peter - My friend's mum works for the Guide Dogs and was at some fund raising event. Matt and Blue Peter were there filming. Apparently, he has a completely different off-screen persona. On-screen he is chatty and smiley. Off-screen he is is really quiet, sits by himself and sulks. My friend's mum thought he was a bit strange.