"Maggie" - Schwarzenegger Zombie Film

Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Arnie is jumping on the zombie bandwagon.

Even though WORLD WAR Z had some bad publicity while it was still filming, it is expected to make an astounding $58 million this weekend in the US (the reviews have been pretty good). It also opened very well in Australia and South Korea. There's no doubt that more studios will be thinking about cashing in with their own take on the genre. Well here comes "Maggie". It's about a father who's daughter is infected with the zombie virus that has spread across the USA. Will it be a serious film (unlikely)? Or will it be a crazy actioner, the kind Schwarzenneger used to make? Since this is Arnie we're talking about, I'm betting there's gonna be lots of guns. :D

LINK

Comments

• UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Arnie can jump on the 'zombie bandwagon' as much as he wants. Arnie and Zombies, I'm there. :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    He won't need any makeup for the part ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I can see the ending. Arnie gets bit and before the credit roll, he says I'll be back. Hasta la vista zombieee
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds good. Arnie will try to act his backside off but will still come across like the terminator
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey after reading a little more info at VARIETY, this movie suddenly sounds like it could be better than what I thought it would be. I was hoping that it wouldn't be an action flick and from the sound of it, I think they're actually going for a dark drama.

The actual synopsis should have read: Arnold plays a father on a journey to help his daughter come to terms with her infection as she slowly becomes a zombie, This sounds a bit more serious than a "Shoot'em up" film. I'm happy about that but I'm not sure if Arnold can pull off a dramatic role. :)