Why do The Sun & Mail enjoy sucking Cowell's love muscle?

Comments

• bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kakieanne wrote: »
    Lauren doesn't exactly look like the doting mother to me. The baby isn't even two weeks old and he has to hold his own bottle.

Just seen pics on the daily mail website. :confused:

I don't think i have ever witnessed such an express train PR exercise as their relationship. As soon it was announced that she was having his baby, he went underground for 48 hours and then after obviously speaking to his mate Max Clifford they went for the full on out there in your face PDA's. I never thought it would continue but minutes after the birth ... wham, yes it did .... with the help of Twitter minutes after the birth and then the following day photo's of Daddy and Eric on the front page of nearly every newspaper and now days after she has given birth they go on holiday with dogs and of course baby who has to take to being fed hands free and of course on a public beach for all to see.

In the real world this would not happen, but of course this is the world of weirdo Cowell.

And I can't help thinking that somewhere out there is her other child, who should be bonding with the new child, but no in Cowell's world the child has to bond with his public at large first. And not to forget her ex who must be going nuts over this totally OTT display of playing happy families. It's weird and somewhat creepy.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moireen wrote: »
    To be honest, Lauren doesn't look too comfortable either in this new set of pics. She used to enjoy the pap attention but I think it has become too much. I really don't understand her. Her former husband wasn't exactly poor. She had a good and nice life. Now, she's strotting behind Cowell, has to divide her time between her two sons, etc.

I think the set up photos and public displays of affection are part of the deal that was put together when it was announced she was pregnant. "I'll support you and the baby but you must do this for me" that kind of thing. She probably has little choice but to go along with it.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money. Image.

Two words to always keep in mind (interchangeable in importance of course).
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moireen wrote: »
    To be honest, Lauren doesn't look too comfortable either in this new set of pics. She used to enjoy the pap attention but I think it has become too much. I really don't understand her.

I wondered too the other day if it's all getting too much. Up to now, she's *appeared* to be okay with the attention but DM posted a video yesterday and it's surprising how different something can look in an unedited video in comparison to chosen photos. For the first time I thought she looked very uncomfortable. It's not surprising, she's only just had a baby and she's having to 'perform' for the cameras on a daily basis which seems daft when SC could afford any private holiday. I'm starting to think SC has lost some sense. He's making Kim K look like a private person

I did laugh that Simon got told off for having the dogs on the beach though
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Course it is......Cowell World is hardly Narnia is it?

Even the joyful arrival of the purest thing in nature's armoury has been used as a media pawn by SC and his employees. Just read the fawning crap that's come out of Piers Morgan, Amanda Holden, David Walliams and Max Clifford for starters. Jeez it's even more contrived than the bobbalox his so called friends and employees spouted when he supposedly found 'The One'.

You would've thought they learnt to keep their mouths shut after the last debacle / PR exercise.

Well at least 2 of them are on the payroll and Piers is looking for a new venture now that he's been binned from his American chat show. I don't think Walliams needs Cowell tbh as he has enough talent to get by on.

Amanda Holden on the other hand, like posh spice must count her blessings everyday. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The beach pictures are awful. A newborn baby shouldn't be on a beach in the burning hot sun, quite irresponsible really.

Just go off and enjoy some private family time.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I wondered too the other day if it's all getting too much. Up to now, she's *appeared* to be okay with the attention but DM posted a video yesterday and it's surprising how different something can look in an unedited video in comparison to chosen photos. For the first time I thought she looked very uncomfortable. It's not surprising, she's only just had a baby and she's having to 'perform' for the cameras on a daily basis which seems daft when SC could afford any private holiday. I'm starting to think SC has lost some sense. He's making Kim K look like a private person

I did laugh that Simon got told off for having the dogs on the beach though

Seems you are not alone in thinking it's a circus :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/simon-cowells-bizarre-beach-getaway-3180430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just the Mirror, the DM have posted a similar article about how bizarre this all seems

It's interesting that the tabloids are posting these cynical articles.

Oh dear Simon, have we gone too far this time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    It's not just the Mirror, the DM have posted a similar article about how bizarre this all seems

It's interesting that the tabloids are posting these cynical articles.

Oh dear Simon, have we gone too far this time?

I'm not sure what the agenda is here ( but it is SC so there will be one) We are used to the endless PR bullshine, the jet ski, the harem, the fake relationships but to be using a baby like this is a bit off IMO . The photos are all clearly staged, especially the latest batch with the loved up couple walking along the beach with Simon holding Eric. No doubt in response to a lot of yesterday's comments that Simon looked more interested in the dogs than Eric or Lauren :D
    I don't believe for one second these two are an actual couple and i'm not altogether convinced he is the biological father either but if he is the proud dad wouldn't he want to protect him from the media circus rather than expose him to it :confused:
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's interesting is: why are the press now being cynical/not playing ball?? Are they predicting the fall of Clifford??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the agenda is here ( but it is SC so there will be one) We are used to the endless PR bullshine, the jet ski, the harem, the fake relationships but to be using a baby like this is a bit off IMO . The photos are all clearly staged, especially the latest batch with the loved up couple walking along the beach with Simon holding Eric.

Yeah, it's like he's presenting the child to the media. I'm surprised no-one from 'his side' e.g. friends and family have made an appearance yet. Normally an ex would be lurking about somewhere. Maybe that's why she looks miserable; she can't get rid of his love of the press and publicity...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    What's interesting is: why are the press now being cynical/not playing ball?? Are they predicting the fall of Clifford??

I don't think he even uses Clifford that much now. He has his own PR team, although Max often seems to be the mouthpiece :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »

Alison Phillips wrote quite a scathing article about Simon when Eric was born, congratulating him but reminding readers that he'd got another mans wife pregnant.

The staunch Labour Daily Mirror turned on Simon when he expressed his support for the Conservative party, not that I think Simon has the slightest interest in politics and would suck up to the Prime Minister of the day whichever party they belonged to, but I noticed a distinct change in the Mirror's reporting of him after that happened. It suddenly stopped being fawning and became ever so slightly critical.
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would hope that even this rich powerful man is not above investigation if its suspected that he's circumventing the rules about surrogacy. It looks like this is a baby bought by him and sold by her and that is illegal. These public displays look like exhibits for the defence if it should ever get to court. Poor kid. Somehow the existence of a half brother makes it worse, they should grow up knowing each other and it doesn't look like that is on the cards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if this thread will be pulled like the Boy George BRITS coke thread was.

Hey, that one was pretty much on point too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Wonder if this thread will be pulled like the Boy George BRITS coke thread was.

Hey, that one was pretty much on point too.

Should add, by that I mean only in terms of what Boy George actually said in general about drugs and big events (he didn't name names....and we all know things go on at these do's'). :(

Some of the later accusations of usage levelled at various people and forum members, even if just flippant, was probably why, so yeah. Sorry for the O/T, just musing.

Back on topic....today's delightful news is Simon's had a 'ticking off' from the American rozzers for failing to comply with a NO DOGS on the beach rule.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/25/simon-cowell-gets-a-ticking-off-by-police-during-family-day-out-for-ignoring-no-dogs-rule-on-miami-beach-4317467/

Not to worry though because....
    But luckily the policeman wasn’t too harsh on the music mogul, who welcomed baby Eric with Lauren on Valentine’s Day, and decided against fining him $200, which is a potential charge for breaking the beach rule.

So Simon saved $200! Phew, lucky! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pictures of his sunburnt topless stroll, holding hands, are making me cringe!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police 'caution', or whatever it is, has shades of that Ant and Dec Sat Night Takeaway sketch in New York where they fooled Jeremy Kyle, lol.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The beach pictures are awful. A newborn baby shouldn't be on a beach in the burning hot sun, quite irresponsible really.

Just go off and enjoy some private family time.

I was thinking exactly the same. A new born could easily get burnt. What strange attention seeking people they are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DM pics are pretty hilarious.

I mean he is sunburned some, but they've upped the resolution on some of the pics to make him look pillar box scorchio and Lauren more fanta orange than the cast of TOWIE put together.

Then there's a veritable archive of pics of Si and hangers-on including Mezghanahanahan all happily strolling with the stroller. Simon waving, Simon looking burnt, Simon waving...

It looks like it'll take a good 10 minutes to scroll down that page of lovelies (if you like burnt moobs and fake grins) so I bailed halfway.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those with him in those shirt off pics need to have a word with him.
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what it is about British men. Whether they are on holiday abroad or even if there is a bit of sun here, that some insist on taking their tops off. I don't care if you have a great body, it just looks crass and uncouth to me. Don't get me wrong, if you're on a beach or by the pool then fair enough, but just walking round the streets it looks awful. Especially with mammaries like Cowell 's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I mean he is sunburned some, but they've upped the resolution on some of the pics to make him look pillar box scorchio and Lauren more fanta orange than the cast of TOWIE put together.

Then there's a veritable archive of pics of Si and hangers-on including Mezghanahanahan all happily strolling with the stroller. Simon waving, Simon looking burnt, Simon waving...

It looks like it'll take a good 10 minutes to scroll down that page of lovelies (if you like burnt moobs and fake grins) so I bailed halfway.

I sometimes think the DM do it on purpose, when they can't say what they want to say they will drop in little clues here and there.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes think the DM do it on purpose, when they can't say what they want to say they will drop in little clues here and there.

I remember references to "devoted family man" Ryan Giggs at the time of his superinjunction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL :D:D

Yeah, I think the same. I think they can be very subtle at times.