EE delays sim only 4G launch by 2 weeks.

Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
Forum Member
✭✭
It seems EE has had teething troubles with 4G. Presumably due to the initial launch issues they've delayed launching the sim only for two weeks (it was meant to be today)
http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/09/u-k-s-first-4g-network-ee-delays-sim-only-tariff-launch-for-up-to-two-weeks/

Comments

• The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Lots of happy folks over at their Facebook page lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Not like it is a bargain anyway.Think many people will be sticking with 3g for a while yet.
  • hongkongandyhongkongandy Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Hi

well £21.00 for the cheapest EE 4G...no thanks.

Im getting download speeds of over 8mb on Three for £6.90 month.
    Forum Member
    Well for £21 you could have 30-55mbps many times faster upload than any 3G UK network can provide in my experience. It's new, you have to pay extra for it, not sure why people have so much displeasure.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well for £21 you could have 30-55mbps many times faster upload than any 3G UK network can provide in my experience. It's new, you have to pay extra for it, not sure why people have so much displeasure.

I'm not quite sure either, I'd happily pay £21 on sim only when 3 bring their LTE out next year.
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^^ Another 3 Advertisement ^^^^

And there is no information presently about what they will charge for LTE services or when they will be available!

Still when did lack of factual information prevent some from having a dig and promoting their well known agenda!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^^ Another 3 Advertisement ^^^^

And there is no information presently about what they will charge for LTE services or when they will be available!

Still when did lack of factual information prevent some from having a dig and promoting their well known agenda!

I just said I'd happily pay that next year, we don't know what the costs are at all and it was by no means an advertisement.
    Forum Member
    To be fair... "when 3 bring their LTE out next year." is an advert but who the **** cares. Between you both i think we've all switched off to the forum product placements :)
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair... "when 3 bring their LTE out next year." is an advert

Good to note that advertising has been spotted!

Quite sad that so many threads end up being polluted with such stuff.

EE's 4G offering leaves me cold but there can be no justification responding on this thread with promotion of another network's future services.
  • reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to note that advertising has been spotted!

Quite sad that so many threads end up being polluted with such stuff.

EE's 4G offering leaves me cold but there can be no justification responding on this thread with promotion of another network's future services.

Indeed, I think we're going to need some kind of rule soon.

"O2 and Three do not exist on this forum"
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    "O2 and Three do not exist on this forum"

Who?!?!? ;)
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Vodafone...hardly ever gets a mention and same goes for that quivering Virgin in the corner. ;)
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

... However you'll probably use up all your (500mb?) allowance in days and end up going onto a much more expensive package.
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... However you'll probably use up all your (500mb?) allowance in days and end up going onto a much more expensive package.
    Do you really think the other networks are going to give you more data when they eventually launch their own 4G networks in the future?
    They will all be similarly priced with similar restrictions.
    4G is a new product here, so of course you are going to pay a premium for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R410 wrote: »
    Do you really think the other networks are going to give you more data when they eventually launch their own 4G networks in the future?
    They will all be similarly priced with similar restrictions.
    4G is a new product here, so of course you are going to pay a premium for it.

Yes, because they will all be competing for the most customers, meaning the deals will start coming out. Is it all going to be unlimited or very cheap? no, but there will be package increases and price reductions when there's a more competitive market, also over time the price will drop as more people take it up and therefore the costs per user goes down.

Bandwidth costs and backhaul rates drop over time as well, so yes, over time prices will come down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    This launch has been ill thought and may yet end a spectacular flop.
    Unreliable speeds in limited areas, expensive 2yr contracts with less than generous inclusive data deals which will be used up in a flash. Why would anyone swap from 3G for this?
    ... and we've not heard from those folks whose freeview signal has been mucked up yet, Daily Mail reckon £10k to sort each household?? (I'd give them freesat)
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    b1ackb1rd wrote: »
    This launch has been ill thought and may yet end a spectacular flop.
    Unreliable speeds in limited areas, expensive 2yr contracts with less than generous inclusive data deals which will be used up in a flash. Why would anyone swap from 3G for this?
    ... and we've not heard from those folks whose freeview signal has been mucked up yet, Daily Mail reckon £10k to sort each household?? (I'd give them freesat)

EE's 4G does not interfere with Freeview, considering it runs on the same frequencies already in use before they launched.. It's the auction frequencies that will potentially cause interference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Ahh, I stand corrected and hang my head in shame at reading the DM
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Well I've moved to EE without a hope of seeing LTE for a year.
    I am clearly bonkers!
    I do get another 1Gb for 5 quid though, and EE Wednesdays, and a free film to download and some free music streaming thingy, oh and Orange answerphone but with a new slightly mad sounding female voice. Is it mad or sexy? I'm not sure. Maybe a bit of both. Doesn't sound like you should cross her though :D
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Oh wait, this was about SIM only..... I'll get me coat!