Celebrities who are vile in real life?

Comments

• PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've a mate who used to be in the police and he stopped a local footballer for speeding. Footy player went right into the "Do you know who I am?" routine.

My mate replied "Yes I do, which means I'll have no trouble identifying you in court."

Nice one:D:D:D
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise, but Jim Davidson. I know a woman who works in a hotel where he was stopping a few years back. She said they gave him their best room (its a nice hotel), he had a huge list of requirements for the staff and they complied with each one, to the letter. He walked into the room, and instantly said, "I'm not staying in this s***hole," and stormed out. Very rude to all staff...just a horrible man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    bargepole wrote: »
    I used to work in Fulham, and would sometimes see Leslie Grantham (Dirty Den from EE) queuing up in the NatWest Bank - this was in the days of proper banks with wooden counters and human cashiers.

He looked, and dressed, exactly the same as his character, and was quite happy to chat with anyone.

My cousin appeared on a game show with him and said he was a sleazy perv.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »

Katherine, Duchess of Windsor and her daughter, stood behind them in a queue for ice cream at Wimbledon, didn't speak to them but they happily blended with the crowds, no bodyguards or security or staff.#

There hasn't been a Duchess of Windsor since Wallis Simpson, I guess you mean the Duchess of Kent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I remember seeing Brian Blessed in Cats (Blackpool, 1989, playing 'Old Deuteronomy'). During the interval, when all the rest of the cast were off set, he sat on a big tyre in the middle of the stage and encouraged people to go up and chat with him. He was a total sweetie. I saw the show three times over that summer and he always did the same thing. I didn't go up to him myself as there was quite a crowd but I was impressed.

That's great. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LeighAnn from Little Mix. The rest are a joy.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AidanLunn wrote: »
    James Bolam is a miserable, selfish arse, IIRC.

Not talked to Rodney Bewes since the 70s, IIRC and blocking any repeats of The Likely Lads.

Total opposite of his Likely Lads character - hates Newcastle and not spoken to Bewes since he revealed to the press that James' wife was pregnant.

He attended a Grammar school in Derby so his parents must have moved away when he was young.
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Near where I live in Brighton they made a 'Walk of Fame' with paving stones for celebs supposedly having some connection with the city (eg they might have visited once.) Complete failure and waste of time.

They had an opening party for the 'celebs' in a marquee one evening, Leo Sayer was singing, yes it was that good. I remember Damon Hill arriving, there we a few female fans waiting for him with autograph books near the roped-off red carpet entrance. Watching from a distance we saw him walk past them into the marquee, not stopping to chat or sign any autographs and we thought 'what a tosser.'

Ten minutes later he came out, ducked under the rope and signed autographs and spent ages with his fans. We thought 'what a good bloke.'

Years ago I shared a sauna with Cliff Richard (tennis club not gay club!) and had a conversation about contact lenses. Perfectly nice bloke. Brucie used to go there too, he always went home in his tennis kit, never having a shower, presumably couldn't risk getting his syrup wet. Trevor McDonald played there too, he always turned up in a chauffeur driven Rolls and made his driver wait in the car in the car park.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I have met Clive Owen and he is as wooden off screen as he is on it.
    Is he friends with Mr Sheen ?? :D

Anthony Cotton has been witnessed as an arrogant & brash individual.Very egotistical & not to be approached..unless you're the producer of Corrie..

Quite possibly, but then some would say that is none of our "Beeswax."
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    Near where I live in Brighton they made a 'Walk of Fame' with paving stones for celebs supposedly having some connection with the city (eg they might have visited once.) Complete failure and waste of time.

I have not met Jimmy Saville but I have met Jimmy Somerville and he lives in Brighton and is very pleasant.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edited...
  • dabotsonlinedabotsonline Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    soundcheck wrote: »
    He asked me if I wanted a drink, and fetched me a G&T that I suspect had never even seen a bottle of tonic water. It nearly killed me.
    Brilliant phrasing!
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    A chap I know who works in a catalogue shop once served Smillie. She was kept waiting, with everyone else, and uttered the immortal, 'I'm sorry, but do you know who I am?'

I can't believe she would have the nerve to say to people "do you know who I am" as if she is some well known celebrity.
    She might have been years ago thanks to Changing Rooms but there was nothing special about her - to be honest a bit boring.

Has anyone ever met Nick Knowles. He is a great people person on TV just wondering if he is the same off TV
    Love him on DIY SOS
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hubby had sparked up a cigarette outside the airport and Nick Knowles scrounged one off him. Hubby said he was perfectly pleasant.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There hasn't been a Duchess of Windsor since Wallis Simpson, I guess you mean the Duchess of Kent.

I did mean her...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Bloke at work in mid 90's did Changing Rooms (**** boudoir episode) he said thay Smilley was not at all pleasant and hated the English and would only stay in Scotland that was a hefty commute
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Hubby has seen Wayne Rooney and the gang on the London bound train several times. Wouldn't normally approach any of them but asked him for his autograph to cheer up our son who was off school ill. He was very obliging and very polite.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Soul of 'Starsky & Hutch'.

My parents attended a private function in London during the early 80s and David shared the same table with them. My parents weren't impressed with his surly attitude - not only was he rude towards them but to other fellow guests as well.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard a guy on the radio today saing that Asheligh (off of Ashleigh and Pudsey) wasn't very nice when he met her backstage at an awards thing.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    David Soul of 'Starsky & Hutch'.

My parents attended a private function in London during the early 80s and David shared the same table with them. My parents weren't impressed with his surly attitude - not only was he rude towards them but to other fellow guests as well.

Yes, I met him once at an aftershow event for Mack and Mabel which he was in at the time, in London (organised by a threatre group).

I mentioned that some friends of mine had recently met a friend of his (they'd had lunch with Paul Michael Glaser regarding Glasers charity) . His response was to snap "I haven't got any friends"
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley Tamaddon ex Emmerdale is a nasty piece of work
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Van Morrison!
    Oh I could tell you stories about him!
    (I know somebody who went out with him. Shhh!)
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Antony Cotton horrid vile person
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I hate to say this but Holly Willoughby is a stuck up cow. Wouldn't even take photos with fans when standing next to them and was so fake and moaning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was 11, I waited outside my team's football ground for ages in the rain to get Billy Bremner's autograph.

When he finally arrived, I asked him politely for his autograph & he told me to ... "Go and f--- myself" ... !!!

(I had even called him "Mr Bremner" too! lol)

I laugh about it now, but only being a kid I was quite shocked at the time. :D