Geri Halliwell - Can't Sing

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Victoria, Emma and Mel B had a good voice.

Emma...yes. The other two had no business ever being in front of a microphone or in a recording studio. Both AWFUL.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Emma...yes. The other two had no business ever being in front of a microphone or in a recording studio. Both AWFUL.

:o I secretly like her version of "Downtown."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    :o I secretly like her version of "Downtown."

I must confess, I liked her cover of What I Am :o:p
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel C is a much stronger singer and that body of hers, well, put it this way I wouldn't say no.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually geri has improved check out singing in the rain on youtube a few months ago I think she was having a laugh here whatever people think she had no1 hits.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    Best or loudest? I have always thought that Emma Bunton had/has by far the pleasantest voice of all of them.

I would agree but let's face it none of them are particularly good.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree, but then there are a lot around that think they can sing, but they can't. It is all down to mixing and effects.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Mel C is a much stronger singer and that body of hers, well, put it this way I wouldn't say no.

But you are not listening to her body, that is what I never understand with some of these rubbish shows like X-factor, they get rid of people who can sing because they don't look the part.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    actually geri has improved check out singing in the rain on youtube a few months ago I think she was having a laugh here whatever people think she had no1 hits.

her voice had improved in those videos. mel c was the best singer though without a doubt and the rest were average to awful. i am surprised by the praise for emma`s vocals in here, i remember reading a review back in the day and they said something along the lines of her voice being so thin you could put it in an envelope and post it under a door.:o that about sums her singing voice for me, pleasant enough, but thin and weak.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    But you are not listening to her body, that is what I never understand with some of these rubbish shows like X-factor, they get rid of people who can sing because they don't look the part.

How you look is important in the music industry. People have always bought the record because they fancied the singer. Of course, you won't get lasting success if that's all there is to it.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    her voice had improved in those videos. mel c was the best singer though without a doubt and the rest were average to awful. i am surprised by the praise for emma`s vocals in here, i remember reading a review back in the day and they said something along the lines of her voice being so thin you could put it in an envelope and post it under a door.:o that about sums her singing voice for me, pleasant enough, but thin and weak.

Emmas voice wasn't very strong but it was IMO the most pleasant to listen to. Mel C may be more of a belter but her wailing sets my teeth on edge, she gives me earache.
    None of them were good though, let's face it. You could pick up better singers in the local park.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,984
    Forum Member
    You couldn't pay me to sit through a Mel C album. Catterwauling, screeching. She'd be quite good in "The Jeremy Kyle Show - The Musical." as her voice is quite suitable for non-stop arguing.

Emma Bunton's voice was the most listenable and I'm not a fan of her's either but I would regard listening to her songs as less torturous than all the others.

As for Geri. I always thought that was just common knowledge. I mean you only have to listen to It's Raining Men as evidence. No range whatsoever. She probably makes Kimberly Walsh sound like Leona Lewis.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going with the Pope/Catholic observations already made on this thread.....
  • Coma_WhiteComa_White Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Geri was the worst by a mile. Victoria wasn't actually too bad by comparison. And at least she has a degree of shame for her part.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geri, Mel B and Victoria are not singers. Fortunately Victoria has at least come to terms with this realisation.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Emmas voice wasn't very strong but it was IMO the most pleasant to listen to. Mel C may be more of a belter but her wailing sets my teeth on edge, she gives me earache.
    None of them were good though, let's face it. You could pick up better singers in the local park.

yes, well personal opinion is always subjective, but the fact remains that mel c is the only former member still earning money for her singing in the most recent times.

i agree and i said it myself, their voices ranged from average to awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Spice Girls were huge & successful. I think their body of work should speak for itself.
    I'm not saying everyone loved them know but those girls did a lot of heavy lifting in their career. Def Geri. Whats she lacked in vocals she made up for in song writing, personality, stage presence etc. Back in the day yes Geri didn't have a very good voice at all. But each solo album her vocals have improved & now she can hold a tune. I like her voice on her solo music. I think Mel C screeches when she sings. If i have to be fair & pick a Spice for vocals then Emma. She can sing & has a good voice not amazing but good. Lots of singers don't have amazing voices they have either ok voices or good voices & a few have great voices. Victoria can sing as well i think shes not the best but i like her voice to. Mel B is ok but i'm not a big fan. I think Geri has a good voice on her solo work. Passion she is at her best & her latest music when its released will be her best vocal. I love her song writing. Cant wait to hear some beautiful ballads.