Does amazon use royal mail...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
Forum Member
Does amazon use royal mail...for super saver delivery?

My item has been despatched but if they use royal mail obviously i won't get it until next week because of the strike :mad: Just wondered if they use royal mail or their own courier, i can't remember, 99% sure it's RM

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got super saver delivery today via royal mail
    edit - there again I ordered 27/9 and it didn't get dispatched till 1/10.
    It gave estimated del time between 4th-10th.
  • mark_bmark_b Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not anymore. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6768983.stm

Which gives Royal Mail even more reason to carry out their modernisation program. This action by the unions is just making things worse for RM because businesses have more reasons not to use them.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just when I've ordered textbooks from them!!! :mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mark_b wrote: »

Which gives Royal Mail even more reason to carry out their modernisation program. This action by the unions is just making things worse for RM because businesses have more reasons not to use them.

Well I guess they passed on the work to another company, who then got Royal Mail to deliver to me, bloody typical.
  • Toxteth O'GradyToxteth O'Grady Posts: 8,476
    Forum Member
    mark_b wrote: »

Indeed, over the next weeks many companies will find alternatives to The Royal Mail .... and then not come back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I must have had my head stuck in a hole as I wasnt aware of the strike and today I ordered from Amazon and even upgraded the delivery the best one (think it was next day)

I'll be interested to see if the books arrive by Saturday, and if they dont, will Amazon refund the next day delivery they charged me for (doubt it somehow!)
  • EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered a text book which took about 2 weeks to come. But then another text book I ordered came in 2 days lol
  • ItalianbeautyItalianbeauty Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am also waiting for an Amazon order :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GucciGirl wrote: »
    I must have had my head stuck in a hole as I wasnt aware of the strike and today I ordered from Amazon and even upgraded the delivery the best one (think it was next day)

I'll be interested to see if the books arrive by Saturday, and if they dont, will Amazon refund the next day delivery they charged me for (doubt it somehow!)
    They probably won't as they issued warnings about the strike dates, however it will most likely be classed as priority over other backlog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Cazza23 wrote: »
    Yes, just when I've ordered textbooks from them!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Yeh so did I since u told me they were cheapest! I'll be having words with u mrs!!
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I'll be staggered if Royal Mail are still in existence in 5 years if they continue to allow their staff to strike. It'll either go into receivership or get bought over by one of the big players like Deutsche Post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am waiting for about 12 dvds and 5 books for my course haha...ooooh not a laughing matter really....I won't get them for weeks now :(
  • michelle666michelle666 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends what and how much you order I think.

I ordered 10 books from them using super saver delivery. One arrived with Royal Mail earlier this week and the other 9 were delivered by Home delivery Network yesterday. (I don't understand why they didn't just send them all together, but Oh well)
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends what and how much you order I think.

I ordered 10 books from them using super saver delivery. One arrived with Royal Mail earlier this week and the other 9 were delivered by Home delivery Network yesterday. (I don't understand why they didn't just send them all together, but Oh well)

That 1 proberly didn't fit in the package of 9.
  • mikeprattmikepratt Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    I'll be staggered if Royal Mail are still in existence in 5 years if they continue to allow their staff to strike. It'll either go into receivership or get bought over by one of the big players like Deutsche Post.

What a load of rubbish?

Royal Mail will continue to lose big business customers because they have an unfair advantage to RM in that they can take the profitable part of the deal ,ie: collect 20 million items from one location,RM are obliged to take the high cost part of the deal ,delivering the items door to door,something the competition cannot do while cutting costs to the business customers.

But RM still deliver all those items.

All the public are foolishly whinging about more competition.

They dont realise that the more competition there is ,the worse it will be for the public.

The competition are not interested in delivering Johnnys Xmas cards to Nanny unless there are 50 for the same address.

They cream off the low cost part of the deal ,the collection of the mail and RM are stuck with the high cost part of the deal.

Since competition was introduced into the postal service over the last 5 years and fully from 2006 what benefits has the customer seen?

1) No Good Friday deliveries anymore

2)Post is now charged by size aswell as weight.

3) This month sees the end of Sunday collections.

Not a good lineup.

If RM profits drop they will simply end the Universal service and start charging more if you item travels a longer distance ,there will be no more Lands End to John O'Groats for 30 odd pence.

So the strike is inconvenient ,yes.

But unless the Government removes the unfair competition situation the public will not benefit at all
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    mikepratt wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish?

Royal Mail will continue to lose big business customers because they have an unfair advantage to RM in that they can take the profitable part of the deal ,ie: collect 20 million items from one location,RM are obliged to take the high cost part of the deal ,delivering the items door to door,something the competition cannot do while cutting costs to the business customers.

But RM still deliver all those items.

All the public are foolishly whinging about more competition.

They dont realise that the more competition there is ,the worse it will be for the public.

The competition are not interested in delivering Johnnys Xmas cards to Nanny unless there are 50 for the same address.

They cream off the low cost part of the deal ,the collection of the mail and RM are stuck with the high cost part of the deal.

Since competition was introduced into the postal service over the last 5 years and fully from 2006 what benefits has the customer seen?

1) No Good Friday deliveries anymore

2)Post is now charged by size aswell as weight.

3) This month sees the end of Sunday collections.

Not a good lineup.

If RM profits drop they will simply end the Universal service and start charging more if you item travels a longer distance ,there will be no more Lands End to John O'Groats for 30 odd pence.

So the strike is inconvenient ,yes.

But unless the Government removes the unfair competition situation the public will not benefit at all

Oh, I agree with you entirely - competition should never have been introduced into what was a perfectly functioning marketplace. In fact, not even the Government can be blamed for it, as it is an EU-wide edict that postal markets be opened up.
    However, the way RM have handled an unfortunate position has been their own undoing. What they needed to do was to split the company out into a commercial entity, as Deutsche Post did, and retain a small, not-for-profit entity to continue just the Universal Service obligations, with its liabilites ring-fenced. They needed to shed or transfer the older sorting offices, centralising domestic and SMB services in large, modern, automated centres (which needed the bullet biting and huge numbers of jobs shedding). They should have shed 2nd class delivery (an anachronism in this day and age) and sought to set a single class, next-day delivery at a flat 50p.
    Instead, they've been fannying around for the last 4 years doing god-knows what, when they should have been hauling in the capital borrowing necessary to modernise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It tells you on the dispatch notification e-mail which company is being used for delivery of your items.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ferox1 wrote: »

My item has been despatched but if they use royal mail obviously i won't get it until next week because of the strike :mad: Just wondered if they use royal mail or their own courier, i can't remember, 99% sure it's RM

Yes and no - depends on the weight of the item.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ferox1 wrote: »

me too:( I'm waiting for dvd's and books I'll have to wait till next week now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Amazon still use Royal Mail for 2nd class deliveries i.e. super saver but use a private mail delivery company for the first class and next day deliveries.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I had a Super Saver delivery recently which was not sent by Royal Mail. It came in a white van with no company indication.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything is posted and delivered by Royal Mail don't expect anything to be delivered uptill or around the 15th October.

Don't forget there is this 48 hour strike and then on early Monday Morning throught to early Wednesday morning there is another 48 hour strike as well as other departments with in the Royal Mail services holding 24 hour strikes as well.
  • xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My iPod was delivered by the postman, but on the label it mentions "TNT LIGHT" It was dispatched on a Tuesday and arrived on a Friday. The order said it was being delivered by "Super Saver Delivery carrier"

A few weeks ago, I did order a camera from Amazon too, it was dispatched the next day, and arrived the day after dispatch by the Home Delivery Network, very fast considering it was free.

I selected Super Saver Delivery for both items, but if your order mentions the home delivery network, i think it will come faster.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well my amazon order has been shipped using parcelnet

what does this mean for me