The Bloomberg TV Appreciation Thread

Comments

• am1969am1969 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    viewer btv wrote: »
    I wish BTV could show some backbone in London did a U-TURN and got this slot back for a London based live tv programme with Caroline Hyde the economist presenting it.

Caroline left Bloomberg too?

She hasn't been on for a few weeks.
  • viewer btvviewer btv Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Well she is still listed on her twitter account as being with them from her last entry 19/3/13 and is on there website as still being with them .They let go their other economist Linda Yueh before xmas so unless they have got another replacement lined up soon .I presume she is away on holiday and will be back next week .They are lets face it one or two tv anchors short for even presenting what remaining output they do have compared even with Hong Kong .People do go on hoiliday and tv anchors are like the rest of us and need breaks from time to time.Which begs the question who will come into to cover for them if anybody?
    Olivia Sterns is now based in New York for the Countdown programme supposedly and if as you said Caroline Hyde has left to go eslewhere then good luck her she deserves it she is top class economist and presenter and will be a success anywhere she goes.So what would happen when Mark Barton goes on holiday as the Countdown programme is based around him as the sole tv anchor these days ?
    Will Manus Lunny fill in or will Flacqua fill in back in her old job?
    When Flacqua and Guy Johnson rotate and go on holiday who will fill in for them as well on The Pulse
    ?
    This is all presuming the current staff stay in post and are not poached by other networks in the meantime of course in 2013 .If you or anyone else knows then please enlighten us it has been a rather stange period at BTV over the last four or five months to say the least.I cannot understand or make sense of it anymore as I said if you know or anybody else knows then please be my guest.Hopefully we will have at BTV some fresh intake of talent coming in to breathe some new life into it at some point in the shape of Sarah Firth ,Rachel Reilly or Sarah Jane Mee or Luisa Baldini before the start of summer .2013.So at least there is a viable alternative to CNBC Europe tv and CNN as well.
    Forum Member
    So what would happen when Mark Barton goes on holiday as the Countdown programme is based around him as the sole tv anchor these days ?
    Will Manus Lunny fill in or will Flacqua fill in back in her old job?
    When Flacqua and Guy Johnson rotate and go on holiday who will fill in for them as well on The Pulse
    ?

Hopefully we will have at BTV some fresh intake of talent coming in to breathe some new life into it at some point in the shape of Sarah Firth ,Rachel Reilly or Sarah Jane Mee or Luisa Baldini before the start of summer .2013.So at least there is a viable alternative to CNBC Europe tv and CNN as well.

There is some fresh intake at last. Anna Edwards is moving to Bloomberg.
    http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/anna-edwards-joins-bloomberg-tv_b171818

So if Mark Barton goes on holiday Anna will have probably started with Countdown by then.

Rachel Riley and Sarah Jane Mee? :eek: Don't think those two are business presenter material and Sarah Jane Mee is more of an expert on sport. Rachel is good with numbers but i can't see her leaving countdown. Luisa Baldini and Sarah Firth are more the investigative type of reporters more suited to BBC / Sky News. I still say they should go for RT's Katie Pilbeam to co-host The Pulse.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    am1969 wrote: »

So if Mark Barton goes on holiday Anna will have probably started with Countdown by then.

Interesting news. I think CNBC appears to be going downhill and Bloomberg is on the up and up. I hardly ever watch CNBC these days. Maybe I chose the wrong username :o
  • epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting news. I think CNBC appears to be going downhill and Bloomberg is on the up and up. I hardly ever watch CNBC these days. Maybe I chose the wrong username :o
    CNBC started going downhill as soon as Comcast took control of it!!
    Forum Member
    epsom wrote: »
    CNBC started going downhill as soon as Comcast took control of it!!

I've been saying that for ages. I also think Dylan Ratigan's departure in 2009 didn't help. The last time I watched any of CNBC's business shows was Tuesday morning when Doug Parker, the CEO of US Airways, was on US Squawk Box. That interview was worth listening to. I still watch the NBC Nighty News every night though.
    Forum Member

The UK CNBC shows still look good to me. I watch Kelly Evans on Worldwide Exchange now as The Pulse has a very boring look to it since they got rid of Maryam. Also Anna Edwards started on Countdown this week but still no sign of Caroline Hyde.
  • epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I do not like Kelly Evans on Worldwide Exchange. Looked to be she was parachuted in to keep the American viewers happy, as they don't like getting their news from foreigners!

Worldwide Exchange was much better in its original 3 centres format in my view!
    Forum Member

Rachel Riley and Sarah Jane Mee? :eek: Don't think those two are business presenter material and Sarah Jane Mee is more of an expert on sport. Rachel is good with numbers but i can't see her leaving countdown. Luisa Baldini and Sarah Firth are more the investigative type of reporters more suited to BBC / Sky News. I still say they should go for RT's Katie Pilbeam to co-host The Pulse.
    Many thanks for your post I was little worried nobody else was going to bother to post something about BTV or cared about it which I am sure is not the case .Glad to see Anna Edwards going to BTV and Countdown after many speculative posts on the forum at last you have found the answer to who was going to be Linzie Janis replacement some three months after she left BTV .Mind you Anna Edwards had not long left CNBC to go to CNN and jump ship to go to BTV must be getting a big pay increase and good contract to take up this anchor role.She is a very good choice and am sure she will do a good job.Wish I had time to watch but too busy with my honours projects just now to watch it.Hopefully I will get a chance to in a few months time when my honours course projects are finished .All journalists shift and move around to do different areas from business to sport to news etc and people like Kate Silverton who is at the BBC News came from a non journalistic background that was the point I was trying to make .It is standard practice for tv reporters and presenters to move and switch around to different roles when switching between employers .The presenters mentioned had all done this in the past and will no doubt do this again in their industry .
    Remember in the U.S they have tv anchors who been brought without any tv experience straight from Wall St onto BTV Stephanie Ruhle is one example .The only point I was making between her and Rachel Reilly was that she had worked in the city briefly but she had more experience as a tv presenter four years for a network to be exact than her as a example that was all .I hope Caroline Hyde if she has left BTV goes to another top tv job real soon doubt somehow she will going the BBC NEWS 24 and getting Stephanie Flanders job that would be real surprise if that were the case and Ms Flanders going in the opposite direction to BTV .Maybe she is going GMTV /Daybreak perhaps or ITV NEWS which would sound more plausible as Sky News ALREADY has Maryam Nemazee and Poppy Trowbridge .Have not seen Maryam Nemazee on Sky News this week yet though she is now listed on wiki something or other as being a freelance standin on their graveyard shift at weekends .Perhaps she may be also be doing other tv work elsewhere for another contractor on Channel 4 or Channel 5 hopefully as well real soon.
    Forum Member
    Personally I do not like Kelly Evans on Worldwide Exchange. Looked to be she was parachuted in to keep the American viewers happy, as they don't like getting their news from foreigners!

Nice to hear from someone with a different point of view please keep making posts to the forum as it is always interesting to find what other peoples opinions and views are about programmes and presenters even if they are different form other peoples it is the only way to learn about how other people think about other programmes and forum members views on it .I like Kelly Evans as a tv anchor but she is not Linzie Janis for sure who was in a completely different class for sure .
    Forum Member

I forgot to point out Luisa Baldini was a very good news along with Louisa Preston ( who are both at the BBC now) as tv anchors on Five News for a number of years as well when ITN produced it and Sky as well .Sarah Jane Mee also is a freelance sport/ poltical and news anchor on Sky News .She presents the main news programmes as well on Sky News as well as a stand in and has done for some time now as well. Andrea Catherwood who was at BTV as tv anchor a few years ago had a simliar background as a tv newscaster at ITV News for some years before she went to BTV to work there as well for a purely financial news network as well.I like have different points of view please keep making posts and thanks for pointing out the one about Anna Edwards I did not see that one .Truthfully I watch more NTV and N24 for my news than UKTV the German blonde tv female presenters are quite professional and speak in a friendly informal to viewers that is easy to follow and understand .
    Forum Member

Sarah Jane Mee is actually a freelance newscaster/ .sports caster and co-presents the political show Bolton and Co on Sky News she also often presents as a newscaster on Sky News different newscasts as well she has been doing this for sometime .She did radio shows and presented other tv programmes on ITV regional news as well in the past also.Luisa Baldini also anchored quite well Five News main newscasts in 2000s for quite a while along with Louisa Preston also both are now at BBC News .Andrea Catherwood when she was a anchor at Btv came from much the same background as them.She worked as a newscaster at ITV news channel for many years quite successfully before going ot BTV .Anyway nice to see you took the time to respond and take the time to post something even a different point of view which is good as it shows there are other people out there with other views and you can learn about what other people are saying and getting a better appreciation of what people think about BTV and other forum members opinions are .Thanks again for posting that info on Anna Edwards again I did not know that one even though I emailed the organization concerned who posted this news about any changes at BTV IN JAN and they told me they had no info on it.
    Forum Member
    Have not seen Maryam Nemazee on Sky News this week yet though she is now listed on wiki something or other as being a freelance standin on their graveyard shift at weekends .Perhaps she may be also be doing other tv work elsewhere for another contractor on Channel 4 or Channel 5 hopefully as well real soon.

She was on the graveyard shift on Sky News for a few nights about a week ago. Hate watching her on there as she deserves something so much better.

Have also heard rumors that Kelly Evans might be heading back to the USA soon so might be all change on WE again.

Caroline Hyde could possibly take up a role as a markets analyst in the city somewhere much like Jane Foley and Louise Cooper.
    Forum Member

I miss the old Worldwide Exchange :( I used to watch it during school holidays or when I was off school sick. I used to watch it in the mornings before college, but now I prefer to look at the internet before I leave the house in the mornings.

"This is Worldwide Exchange, broadcasting live from Asia, Europe and the United States" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    The answer to all btv problems in London is two words- SUSAN LI
    Forum Member
    Great to see Maryam Nemazee back on twitter again yesterday and today with a updated profile could not see any new updated photos of her though .She is usually pretty good on this media forum and started highlighting financial news again which is really her main strength and main asset apart from her brown eyes and fair complexion though.Hope she gets gets something in business and economic affairs real soon with the BBC or GMTV they could do with immense talents and presenting skills .Noticed Caroline Hyde is also back on twitter apparently been away on holiday in Japan for two weeks just as they have come out of recession .I know she is a good economist but she could not have turned around their economy that quickly surely .Hope she now turn her attention to U.K economy and get it back on track as well .As I am s completing my Honours option in microeconomics just now I am glad she is back on tv she is very good economist and can explain things on economic issues relevant to my course studies that nobody can with her knowledge and expertise on the subject.
    Forum Member
    I almost overlooked one of Maryam's entries on her twitter account from yesterday 08/04/13 confirming she is soon going to be making an appearance on AL Jaz English real soon to paraphrase her .Great to see her get more tv work again missed her in her former role at her former employer recently though it is great to see her back presenting news programmes again.Hope though gets something with CNBC in the coming months in the financial news there where she really excels and thrives in that environment especially and is at her best as tv anchor .Wonder if this means she is still freelancing from Sky News on the graveyard shift there.?
    Forum Member
    jalan wrote: »
    The answer to all btv problems in London is two words- SUSAN LI
    Check her Facebook page is happily married and settled in Hong Kong with her husband her maiden was Susan Hudson I think though I stand to be corrected if I am wrong on this one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Susan is single and it would take a lot of dollars to induce a move from Hong Kong. She has a long time partner.
    Forum Member
    jalan wrote: »
    Susan is single and it would take a lot of dollars to induce a move from Hong Kong. She has a long time partner.
    Thanks very much for pointing that out I may have misread a entry on a webpage at three thirty in morning some months ago in 2012 good of you to reply so quickly hope you make other posts as well in the future .
    Forum Member
    I was trying to get on Maryam Nemazee's twitter page today but got a computer malware warning several times earlier today anybody else had the same problem at all?There were no entries on her account today which is strange as she was making several of them on Monday and Tuesday maybe it was due to this perhaps?Shame really as it was nice having her back on her twitter account after a break as she always has a lot of interesting things to say.
    Forum Member
    Not too sure myself. Doesn't make much sense Olivia being over in NYC as correspondent for the Countdown with the 5 hr time zone difference. I know it's the city that never sleeps but she'd be better off staying in London.
    After a few weeks BTV have finally updated info on their website saying she Olivia Sterns is New York based now covering Health care and pharmaceutical industries .If anybody can work this out please enlighten us it will be interesting to find out ?
    Forum Member
    Maryam Nemazee is back on twitter tonight making enteries on her account about her new Al Jaz English show on AlJaz Eng .So she has now come full circle and back at her former employers hope she gets prime time show with lots of air time to show off her talents .Never saw her before she went to BTV and looks like she was only was only temporary stop gap at Sky News ON GRAVEYARD SHIFT .
    Hopefully other forum members will make more contributions to this forum on this and other things .I am off to complete my courses now so this is very last post on this forum.
    Forum Member
    Maryam Nemazee is back on twitter tonight making enteries on her account about her new Al Jaz English show on AlJaz Eng .So she has now come full circle and back at her former employers hope she gets prime time show with lots of air time to show off her talents .Never saw her before she went to BTV and looks like she was only was only temporary stop gap at Sky News ON GRAVEYARD SHIFT .
    Hopefully other forum members will make more contributions to this forum on this and other things .I am off to complete my courses now so this is very last post on this forum.
    One last entry check Owen Thomas twitter page for his new role as tv anchor @Saxo Tv from Copenhagen which is streamed online its a biz news channel .
    Great to see Maryam Back on a more regular tv channel at a regular hour hope she gets lots of good news stories and assignments to do now and puts BTV behind her and gets on with her tv career now.
    Forum Member
    I apparently gather on Maryam Nemazee twitter account someone is saying she is going to the U,.S to work for CNN now .