How to cancel Sky

jxpjxp Posts: 550
Forum Member
✭✭
I wish to cancel Sky soon and was wondering if anyone who has also done so can confirm the process.

My contract says I should give one months notice in writing.

Is this still the case? Or can I cancel by phone (or via email)? Would I call the "change my package" number?

Is the months notice one full month?
i.e. If I cancelled today (27th July) would I have Sky until 27th August or would it be until 31st August (i.e. all of August is my months notice period)

I checked on Sky.com but I can't find any mention of cancelling on there (perhaps they don't think people would ever do that ;) ).

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    You can just ring up (use the freephone disney number, they put you through to the relevant department, search the forum for the number) and it's a month from the day you cancel. They'll probably offer you some half price deals to try and keep you on as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    27th of july would give you sky til the 26th of august, the 27th would be a month and a day.
    just phone 08702404040 and use the auto button pressing thingy to show your intent to cancel you'll go through to customer services to make sure you wanna cancel if you do and your not just pressing random buttons like the majority of people who call they will forward you to the correct people, then you can give your notice of 1 month or upto 40 days if required.